Quantcast Need Some Accomodation Advice

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Some Accomodation Advice

My family, myself, my parents, my sister and brother in law, my nephew (2yrs old), my brother in law's sister and the possibly my brother in laws parents are thinking of going to the world Jan 2- Jan 6, 2013. (8 adults and one infant)

I have been trying to think of the best accommodations for all of us. I first thought of a off-site rental house, but we all might not be on the same schedule and it will be difficult, transportation wise, if some of us want to get to the parks early to stay late. So that ruled that out. And you can't beat the excitement of staying on property.

So the next alternative was staying at POR, and getting three rooms, where 2 of the rooms, will have three people in the room and paying the charge for the extra guest. If this happens we would only need 3 rooms. Will all POR rooms have queen size beds by then? or are we better off at the villas at SSR (treehouse?) or OKW?

If it matters myself and my parents are Florida residents and I am a AP holder. Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Next Trip:
    Nov 1- Nov 4 2012 POP and F&W
    Jan 30- Feb 3 2013 POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

personally, i'd look at a grand villa or a treehouse if you all really want to stay together. of course, it all depends on how much you want to spend.

Post Thanks / Like

If everyone is paying an equal share a Treehouse Villa at SSR might be the way to go. There would be plenty of room for everyone. It may cost a little more per night.

I did the math on a pretty similar scenario and we ended up spending about $75 more per night to stay at SSR. It might be even less once you figure in two rooms with an exta adult.

There might be a discount offered as well. The discounts are higher at the deluxe resorts.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Am typing from POR right now (me, DW and DD-19)...they work great for the three of us, but remember the rooms weren't designed for queen bed and thus the floor is a little tight space wise...also remember there are only two chair in the rooms at the table. While neither of these things are big deals, just something to remember.

As for the rooms themselves we love them otherwise, we are in the Royal guest rooms and the whole fireworks on the bedboard is a lot of fun. Also as heavily themed a room as we have been in anywhere on Disney property.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: