Quantcast What is your best "tip" for each parK?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your best "tip" for each parK?

What is your best "tip" for each park? Something that you would tell a Disney World "newby" or something that would make someone's trip to that park better or extra special.

My advise for:
    All Parks....if you need a stroller, get a "length of stay" stroller pass. You pay for the total number of days on your first day, and then just show your receipt each day you need it. You don't have to stand in the longer "purchasing a stroller rental" line each day. Also if you park hop, just show your receipt at the next park and you get the stroller again.

Animal Kingdom: Ride Kali River Rapids last....you will get wet...I am the one who ALWAYS gets drenched and stays soggy for the rest of the day, while my family gets wet and seems to dry off quickly.

Epcot: Get a passport at the gift shop as you enter the world showcase. Have a CM at the gift shop at each country sign it and stamp it with their country's "stamp". They will also write something to you in that country's language.

Hollywood Studios: Try to find a special spot in a park, ours is Hollywood Studios, and take a family picture each time you go to Disney World in front of the same area. We always take a picture in front of Echo lake with the dinosaur behind us. It's fun to look back through the years and see how much the kids have grown although the surroundings look the same!

Magic Kingdom: Look for a paint brush laying around on Tom Sawyer Island. If you find one , a CM will come up to you and give you a surprise.
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hollywood Studios-do the Fantasmic Package-a guaranteed seat without standing in a long line is worth it.

Magic Kingdom- Give yourself two days for this park if at all possible.

Epcot-World Showcase usually opens two or three hours after future world. If you can spread this park over two days get to World Showcase when it opens and spend a leisurely afternoon strolling through the countries. It is so nice when you take a relaxing pace.

Animal Kingdom-Eat at Flame Tree BBQ it is the best CS on property.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom- I second the Kali River Rapids last...we were SOAKED and had to go back and change!

Hollywood Studio- get a carrot cake cookie at the Writer's Stop!

EPCOT- try something new in the world showcase! There are so many interesting snacks and meals!

Magic Kingdom- Take the train around the whole park, at least once. There are so many interesting 'undiscovered' attractions! Not to mention, it is a nice break!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot: Try the Schoolbread at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in Norway. It's only $2.69, has toasted coconut on top, and is filled with a sweet cream. Very good for the price

MK: If you don't care that much for the parades, use that time to ride attractions that are less filled due to the people watching the parades

AK: My son's favorite snack is the Jalapeno Cheese-stuffed Pretzels (I think it started at AK, but has spread to some of the other parks)

DS: I wouldn't think of Hollywood Brown Derby for margaritas, but last time I was there they offered a margarita sampler that was excellent
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot: Take an entire day for the WS. Make sure you explore every nook and corner of each country, see all the shows and movies, catch as many of the entertainers as you can, sample the foods and beverages from each country and just slow down and relax. It seems we see something new everytime we go.

Magic Kingdom: Ride the TTA (it will always be PeopleMover to us) when you want a nice, relaxing break

Animal Kingdom: If riding Kali River Rapids, either bring a separate change of clothes (at least undies!) or wear your bathing suit. Nothing worse than walking around with soaking wet underclothes!!

Hollywood Studios: Make sure you do Animation Academy. We have been there many, many times and just did that for the first time this past December and it was so much fun...plus you get a souvenir!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BhamWriter View Post
    AK: My son's favorite snack is the Jalapeno Cheese-stuffed Pretzels (I think it started at AK, but has spread to some of the other parks)

Oooo, these sound yummy! Where do they sell them at? I don't think I've ever seen these at the world!
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

I have these few tips that applies to the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios (Sorry, Animal Kingdom):

Get a stroller for each young one, even if they seem strong enough to tough it out. Get the ones at the front gates of the parks. That way you don't have to wrestle them on and off the buses. Ugg!

Beat the heat in the afternoon and put the little ones down for a NAP. That way, you will be able to return to the parks in the evening. Some of the greatest spectacles are 'Wishes,' the nightly fireworks over the castle in MK, 'Illuminations' in EPCOT, and 'Fantasmic' in Hollywood Studios. You paid a lot of money for those park tickets...get your money's worth.

After the fireworks, STAY PUT. Let the masses stream out of the park. When the way clears, go stroll around the park and look at the lights. All these parks look and feel so different...glamorous even...after dark with all their special lighting.

If you have obtained a stroller for each child, they can fall asleep whenever they want and you won't have to carry them. Kids can drop off asleep when they are tired, even if there are kids screaming on the top of the Astro Orbiter!
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

All GREAT Tips.

Here's one for Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival.

If you are using the Dining Plan, you can use your SNACK credits at the food venues around the World Showcase. We found this out on our last trip. We used six snack credits one evening, sampling all the different foods. It was great!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom seems to be the hottest park (at least for us it does!) Plan to dress "cooler" at this park than at the others. I made the mistake of wearing a silky shirt that didn't breathe well.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

My tip for AK kali river rapids is wear a poncho! I don't care if I look like a dork for a few minutes, it's so much worth it to be dry and we can ride it whatever time of the day we want to because we don't have to worry about drying off!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

If you start the morning at a early entry park end the day at another -the fireworks/ parade at night at the EMH park will be crowded since a lot of people don't park hop.

MK - start with Fantasyland and you should get in most of the rides before it gets too crazy

HS - don't miss the street performers

EPCOT - talk to the cast members in all the countries

AK - go early and leave early -it gets HOT
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

MK- Get the key to the kingdom and enjoy an afternoon back stage
    AK-Yak&Yeti is a very very pleasant surprise
    Epcot- Go Soarin over Cali in Fla then sample all the different types of flights in the WS
    HS-Statler & Waldorf reference Pittsburgh, can't get any homie than that

Enjoy
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

For all parks-- get there 20 minutes prior to opening unless its the absolute slowest time of the year.

Kali River Rapids-- the poncho is a good idea but we've used trash bags as well and punched a hole in the bottom for our heads and in the side for our arms. That way we can just throw them away or give them to the next person in line.

Tough to be a bug-- if you've already seen it, and most of here have, just concentrate on listening to the rest of the audience instead of concentrating on the movie. Even my wife now loves this more than the movie itself.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymomma2010 View Post
    My tip for AK kali river rapids is wear a poncho! I don't care if I look like a dork for a few minutes, it's so much worth it to be dry and we can ride it whatever time of the day we want to because we don't have to worry about drying off!
    That reminds me of a story I read somewhere - one of the guidebooks. A couple wrote in that they tried the garbage bag thing but didn't make holes for their arms...the CM's had to kind of roll them into place and buckle them in, glaring all the while. Compared to that, you couldn't possibly look like a dork in a poncho!

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of tips after lots of trips...but one for each:
    MK..Quickest (and driest, and coolest) way to or from the gate to or from Adventureland/Frontierland/Liberty Square is through the Emporium.
    EPCOT...Spaceship Earth lines are shortest in Afternoon..
    DHS...For TSMM, do standby queue first... get FP after first ride (the initial crowd at the FP lines will be gone by then...It will probably be for mid to late afternoon) You can get to ToT and RnRC before lines get too long...everyone who gets into the TSMM FP line, then does Standby queue, will be 30 minutes or so behind you for those two rides, and the ones who go there first will be done, and on their way to other attractions.
    AK-Send one group member, with all tickets, to EE for FP's while rest of party heads to the Safari...wait for FP getter to catch up before entering Safari...line will still be relatively short.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Do the Studios and Animal kingdom EARLY or evening. During the heat of the day you cant beat Epcot.
    All the major attraction lines are in A/C and there are many many "splash spots" to cool off.

World showcase is not a powerwalking challenge.
    Stroll and investigate. Not everything has to have ears to be interesting.

Before you actually walk into Epcot look all the way to the left. There are a set of bathrooms there that in my experience are always clean and mostly deserted. (Hey Darth maybe you can get easier ABRs there!)

If you are staying onsite take advantage of the store to resort perk for your souveniers. Nothing puts a damper on a day like leaving your bag o goodie$ on a ride, or dropping/breaking something while hurrying to the next attraction. Not to mention not having to haul it around.

Post Thanks / Like

MK- If eating at Columbia Harbor House most people don't know there is an upstairs. It's usually deserted or less crowded up there.

Epcot- I always recommend the pastries in France. They are the real deal and SO good! Also, a cheap lunch is a ham and cheese croissant there for $3.50.

HS- Slow down and really pay attention to all the little details at this park. Disney really put a lot of them in to make it look like you are in the 30s/40s.

AK- Just because you can ride roller coasters doesn't mean you can do Dinosaur. I love roller coasters but HATE Dinosaur. I just can't handle it.
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

MK- Too hot or need a rest then ride wed way people mover TTA or go for a spin in the carosel of Progress. Need a snack the veg. Egg rools in adventure land are great.

EPCOT- best park for hot days. nice and cool since most attractions are inside. The Norway and mexico boat rides are a lot of fun. Walk behind Canada and go see the waterfalls .

DHS- If TSM is on the hit list go there first and go fast. The CM will not allow any shortcuts we have tried. Send your fastest runner ahead with passes to get FP and everyone else get in the standby line.

AK- Go early & head to the Safari before the sun gets too high and the animals all go to sleep. The Great movie ride is a great way to sit for a few minutes and enjoy the AC.

At all the parks ask the CM if the stand by line is really as long as it looks. Many times the line is moving quicker then it seems.

If staying on property head back to your resort in the middle of the day when lines are just too long and the sun is just too hot. Relax by the pools or take a nap. We love to go the WL whether we are staying there or not and sit in the lobby or explore.

BEST TIP-RELAX you are on vacation take time to sit back and soak it all in.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    MK- If eating at Columbia Harbor House most people don't know there is an upstairs. It's usually deserted or less crowded up there.
    This is our FAVORITE place to sit and eat at this restaurant
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

MK: For a break and rest ride the People Mover
    DHS: Be sure to ride Star Wars several times to see a few of the new scenes
    EPCOT: Don't miss the fireworks - sit up on the balcony in the Japanese Pavilion. Great place to watch from.
    Animal Kingdon: Don't miss all the animals that you can see when walking in.
    TL: As soon as you get inside the park there is an alligator statue off to the left that my kids have had a picure by every year. (sometimes kicking and screaming) but I love to compare the pictures to see how they have changed and grown each year.
    BB: A picture with the snow people when you walk in. Another one we do every year.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: