Quantcast "Hidden Minnie" in queue at Great Movie Ride.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Hidden Minnie" in queue at Great Movie Ride.

I read that there is a rare "Hidden Minnie" in the queue at the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios. I have never noticed it before. Has anyone ever seen it?

Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's not in the queue; it's in the loading area where you get on the ride vehicle, although you may not be able to spot it until after you're loaded and the ride vehicle is moving under the marquee (into the Buzby Berkley "Footlight Parade" scene).

It's a silhouette of Minnie in one of the windows of the "homes" on the "back wall", which would be on your left as the vehicle is moving forward.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

If you wait until the ride is over, ask one of the CM's to point it out. Usually they're pretty good about it. And from what I recall, they carry flashlights which make it even easier for you to spot.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

It's hilarious that a thread about this popped up today! I had never heard of this Hidden Minnie until last week, when I rode The Great Movie Ride with our good friend SpecJoeMagic, a fellow user on this board. He mentioned that there is a Hidden Minnie in that mural in the loading area, but he had never been able to find it. Neither of us thought to ask a Cast Member -- that would have been a good idea.

Joe also pointed out to me the Mickey and Goofy hieroglyphics in the Indiana Jones scene. I need a lesson.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

There's an R2-D2 hieroglyphic in the Indiana Jones scene too.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Besides the Hidden Minnie, there's also a REALLY tiny Hidden Mickey on the loading dock.

Also, besides the Mickey/Donald and R2-D2/C-3P0, there are 2 other Hidden Mickeys in Raiders
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

So cool. I will definitely be looking for the Hidden Minnie as well as the hieroglyphics in Raiders when I go to WDW next month.
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!
    DVC Member Since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

There is also a Mickey in the top floor window of one of the buildings in the western scene area on the Great Movie Ride. It is on the left. My DD pointed it out to me when we were riding it just a few days ago. Is that a "Hidden Mickey" or just a Mickey? Not sure about the difference but you had to really look for it to see it. I call that a "Hidden Mickey".

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emerzmom View Post
    There is also a Mickey in the top floor window of one of the buildings in the western scene area on the Great Movie Ride. It is on the left. My DD pointed it out to me when we were riding it just a few days ago. Is that a "Hidden Mickey" or just a Mickey? Not sure about the difference but you had to really look for it to see it. I call that a "Hidden Mickey".

Julie
    It's a real Hidden Mickey
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jeanie View Post
    I read that there is a rare "Hidden Minnie" in the queue at the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios. I have never noticed it before. Has anyone ever seen it?

Just PM'ed you a link with a pic of the Hidden Minnie.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Joe also pointed out to me the Mickey and Goofy hieroglyphics in the Indiana Jones scene. I need a lesson.
    I've looked for those hieroglyphics for years and can never spot them.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we were there in May 2010 the CM on our ride pointed it out to us. I got a picture of it too.But I can't seem to find it on my computer so I can't post it.
    Stephanie
    mommy of Fern and Brenna and Griffin
    WDW Visits:
    Thanksgiving week 1994: CBR
    April 2001: offsite HS Senior Trip
    Jan30-Feb5 2007: Pop Century
    Dec 2007: All Star Movies
    May 2010: CBR Pirate Room!
    Nov 2012: POR
    Next Trip: Mar 2014 ASMo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I've looked for those hieroglyphics for years and can never spot them.
    If I remember right, its in the room before you stop and the bad guy goes to steal the gem. The part you have to know it's on the left hand side, second block down from the top, and I then the second block from the left side where it starts. It is a very cool hidden mickey. I will see it in 77 days to comfirm.
    Foshe's
    Aug 2-11, 2014
    Sept 21-26, 2013no kids allowed
    June 2-9, 2012
    dec 20-26,2009
    July 11-17 2009, DEC21-25 2008,
    July 13-18 2008, Aug 6-10 2007
    July 2006/ French quarter
    July 2005/ Yach club
    July 2004/ POP (familys first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually a hidden MIckey and Donald. If there's one with Mickey & Goofy in the hieroglyphics, that's a new one (at least to me!).
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    It's actually a hidden MIckey and Donald. If there's one with Mickey & Goofy in the hieroglyphics, that's a new one (at least to me!).
    Nope, you're right (it is a Hidden Mickey/Donald- Donald is serving cheese to Mickey on a platter).
    Cruises:

Post Thanks / Like

After reading this thread I ran over to another website and checked out all the crazy hidden Mickey esque stuff in The Great Movie Ride and it's insane. It's like a hidden Mickey gold mine!

Post Thanks / Like

It is a silhouette of her. I was recently there with a few friends, and one of them asked a CM to point out the hidden minnie. They have a flashlight at the loading area and they will shine a line on it so you can see it. It looks like a shadow hidden among the trees, but you will notice the 3 ears like the hidden mickeys, but there is also a bow on the head, which makes it minnie. There is also a Mickey hidden in the window of one of the houses in the mural.
    I have heard it is the only hidden Minnie at any of the WDW parks, but I am not 100% sure of the accuracy of this.
    Please stand clear of the doors
    Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Post Thanks / Like

OH! And also on the Public Enemy poster in the "Ghetto" scene where you first meet the robber, on the left hand side of the car, there is part of mickey's shoe. It looks like someone covered a Mickey Mouse poster with the Public Enemy poster
    Please stand clear of the doors
    Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Post Thanks / Like

Correct. GMR's Hidden Minnie is the only one on property
    Cruises:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: