Quantcast Episode 30 - Little Red Is Not Okay - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    See...but, but, but...if they are going to make this big deal about it, and then the day comes and they are STILL not going to strictly enforce?
    I agree. It makes no sense. He posted pictures and the Fast Pass now says "Not able to accommodate late arrivals" and there is a reminder on the Times guide. Why go through all the effort and still let people on late?
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go ahead and add my new favorite Hidden Mickey to this thread since it is discussed in this podcast as well.

Last weekend when I was checking into Coronado Springs, I was standing in line bored waiting for my turn and was snapping pics. When you walk into the check-in area, look on the far wall towards the top and you'll see a somewhat elaborate design on the wall with the words Coronado Springs Resort. To the naked eye, it just appears there is faint lighting on it, but when I put up my iPhone to take a pic, what you see below appears. It was so cool, and I guess I made such a spectacle that I drew the attention of a manager type. He came over and asked me what I'd found and then told me they show kids this HM through their phones all the time. I'm such a geek!

So the fact I found this one all by myself and I think it's pretty cool makes it my new favorite.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

See...but, but, but...if they are going to make this big deal about it, and then the day comes and they are STILL not going to strictly enforce?

Well, maybe. But I think this does eliminate those people who were hanging on to them all day to use all at once at the end of the day. How long could you possibly say you were held up for/unable to ride? They might excuse an hour or so past the window, but what if you were there three hours or more later? What then? I'm guessing they run out of sympathy and don't let it slide at that point, when they previously allowed it. So not a big change, but I think there will be some people forced to change habits.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Just opened up itunes here a second ago and it started downloading on it's own. You can also force an update. On the main podcast screen in itunes where it just has our logo, right mouseclick and choose update.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I am listening now. Just heard the reference to the Walt Disney World Explorer CD-ROM. I still have mine. Had forgotten all about it. I will have to toss it in and take a walk down memory lane. Thanks for that!
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh...don't have time to listen tonight but it sounds SO good! Back to the Future references, the WDW Explorer CD-Rom (which I tried unsuccessfully to load onto our newest computer...I guess it's too old), PA Coal country references...wait, I can't relate to that at all.

John must have gotten my "finish the podcast" vibes I was sending out telepathically last night. Can't wait to listen!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    Just heard the reference to the Walt Disney World Explorer CD-ROM. I still have mine. Had forgotten all about it. I will have to toss it in and take a walk down memory lane. Thanks for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    the WDW Explorer CD-Rom (which I tried unsuccessfully to load onto our newest computer...
    Well, Sean (Disney Hungarian) just tweeted that it wasn't compatible with his computer either. Boo!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Sean (Disney Hungarian) just tweeted that it wasn't compatible with his computer either. Boo!
    That's right. No luck getting Windows 7 to install it. I will start a new thread in the hopes someone knows a solution.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    It's disturbing, isn't it? When I saw that movie in the theater I thought 1955 might as well have been the Stone Age. Which, I suppose, makes 1985 the Hairspray Age.
    I do have fond memories of Aquanet.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to the 'Best of" segment right now, and - we had our dates all messed up for when our big group pic was in front of Mission: Space and then when I rode with all you guys.

The group pic you are thinking of John is from December 2003, which was the 5th anniversary of INTERCOT. I don't think you were there at that meet Gary. Or I could be wrong? We all rode together during HGOI in 2005.

And yes, I still contend Buzz Lightyear at WDW is lame. Astro Blasters for the win!
    Last edited by Melanie; 03-07-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

on the 15 second outtake you left in there at the end John!

Post Thanks / Like

Melanie that HM you found is soooo cool! I am a hidden Mickey fanatic and find more every time I go!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

And yes, I still contend Buzz Lightyear at WDW is lame. Astro Blasters for the win!
    Straight up!

I listened late last night. My personal opinion is that Ian probably got a LAME score on Disneyland Astro Blasters and he is bitter.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I listened late last night. My personal opinion is that Ian probably got a LAME score on Disneyland Astro Blasters and he is bitter.
    HA! I bet you are right. You at least got my circle, triangle, square talk, right Nat? Everyone, except Michael of course, seemed to think I was speaking alien speak.

Post Thanks / Like

HA! I bet you are right. You at least got my circle, triangle, square talk, right Nat? Everyone, except Michael of course, seemed to think I was speaking alien speak.
    But of course!

I'll have to take a picture of what inspired my suggestion of "Best Attraction Vehicle."

I feel famous now for all the mentions on the show.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I listened to the podcast last night in work, and, as usual, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Also, thanks for the fifteen minutes of fame now that I've been mentioned for two episodes in a row. I feel like a real celebrity!

In response to some burning questions, here are a few facts about Darth Macho:

• My real name is Frederick, but most people call me Fred.
    • I'm obsessed with WDW. (duh)
    • I am an avid WDW planner, but I make my plans flexible.
    • I'm Italian-American, not Mexican.
    • When I say gravy, I'm talking about pasta sauce.
    • Darth refers to my life-long love for Star Wars and my allegiance to the Sith.
    • Macho refers to my all-time favorite pro wrestler, Randy "Macho Man' Savage.
    • I've stuck with my current avatar almost from the very start.
    • My favorite color is red because I prefer redheads, I love red wine, and I'm a Red Sox fan.
    • Ian was spot-on when he made the connection between the location of my favorite Hidden Mickey and my personality, because both are located on the same end of the horse.
    • I have to double-check every post and reply to make sure I don't violate the TOS with my usually foul language.
    • I also own the Walt Disney World Explorer CD-ROM, but it doesn't work anymore.
    • I'm a follower of Gary's Column on Facebook.
    • I'm going to WDW in 2012!

Here's a link to some pictures of me. One is a recent Facebook photo (the glasses are fake, btw, but the nose is real), and one is of my favorite Hidden Mickey.

Thanks again for the mentions!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

The group pic you are thinking of John is from December 2003, which was the 5th anniversary of INTERCOT. I don't think you were there at that meet Gary. Or I could be wrong? We all rode together during HGOI in 2005. )
    No, I wasn't there in 2003. I don't leave the house in December because I'm suspicious of candy canes.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    • I have to double-check every post and reply to make sure I don't violate the TOS with my usually foul language.

Hey, me too! I'm often shocked that it's always Ian getting edited and not me.

I love that one in Territory Lounge as well. I love Territory Lounge in general.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    No, I wasn't there in 2003. I don't leave the house in December because I'm suspicious of candy canes.
    What? Are you an old Vaudeville actor, afraid of getting the 'hook'?????
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    What? Are you an old Vaudeville actor, afraid of getting the 'hook'?????
    I am also suspicious of bunnies. What's with all the carrots? Why do they need such good vision? (Nerd alert.)
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: