Quantcast Strollers in the parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Strollers in the parks

This will be our first year bringing 2 kids, and both will need a stroller.

Do you think it would be easier to navigate a lightweight double stroller. Or 2 single umbrella type strollers?

And also, wearing our youngest is no longer an option. He's 1 and doesn't like to be strapped on now.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer a double stroller. The umbrella strollers didn't allow the kids to lay down and take naps and also my hubby is on the taller side he felt like he was hunching over to push an umbrella stroller. I also enjoyed we could take turns pushing our little ones to give each other a break.
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on which you prefer for your 1 year old. If you prefer that he be able to recline, then maybe the double is better. I personally preferred the two umbrella strollers. My dh and I were able to navigate very easy with them. They were also easy to fold for the buses/ boats / airplane etc.
    I was also someone who never really liked navigating w/ my double stroller at home either - only used it when my youngest was an infant.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard good things about renting those double strollers city mini's... i would probably use a double stroller, that way you can put your junk underneath it. and those umbrella strollers would kill my back if i had to push those things around all day. i like regular strollers better.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    I've heard good things about renting those double strollers city mini's... i would probably use a double stroller, that way you can put your junk underneath it. and those umbrella strollers would kill my back if i had to push those things around all day. i like regular strollers better.
    Would you happen to know where to rent those particular strollers?
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*

Post Thanks / Like

NM, wow like $85 for our entire trip! I might as well invest in just buying one since we plan to need it more than once.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer two strollers in case you need to split up for any reason. For ex, one child falls asleep and you want to head back to the room or just find a shady spot to sit, the other adult can take the other child and still walk around, do rides, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you can rent them at Orlando stroller rentals.com. My sister has used them and they were very reliable.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    Would you happen to know where to rent those particular strollers?
    google orlando stroller rental. i believe the strollers you rent are like $400 strollers and you won't have to worry about taking it on the plane, etc. If you're going to be carrying around a 1 year old at the airport anyways, then maybe you should invest in one. If I had 2 young kids that can walk around easily without wandering off, then I would probably rent.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

If you will be riding on the buses, I would say 2 would be easier getting on and off the bus than a double. It is also good if you ever split up. The hardest part of strollers in the parks is getting on and off the transportation!
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Babies R Us does travel rentals now???

I would go with a city mini double they are really light weight and super easy to close I was searching online for rental companies and found out that babies r us actually rents now, you could always check them out babiesrus.com/travelrentals

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Two separate umbrellas. This serves the dual purpose of allowing you and your DH (or whoever else) to separate if necessary, and each take one kid. This works especially well with bathroom breaks...double strollers are IMPOSSIBLE to manage in bathrooms.

Plus, it's just easier than managing ANY double stroller, period. Double strollers are annoying, at best.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default double or single?

My sons are 1.5 and 3.5 and we are planning to bring our city mini double. It easily fits through doorways, etc and both seats fully recline and have the super large sunshade which I have found to be a huge plus at WDW. If you decide to buy one and price is a concern, search online - I was able to get a discontinued color for about $100 cheaper.
    "Don't bustle me. Don't now-then me."
    --Eeyore

Post Thanks / Like

When both of mine were in a stroller I preferred a double stroller but it does need to be a good double stroller like the city mini double that many have mentioned.

I did several trips with my own middle of the line (around $200) strollers and it was not always easy to use. Since we only tended to use the double at Disney, I started rented the city mini double and loved it. Easy to maneuver, easy to push, lots of storage room and folds easy. I never had a problem on the monorails or boats, but I do not usually take the buses. Obviously the double will take up more room.

I think it depends on how you do the parks. We usually never split up so a double works great and only one person has to push. If you think you will split up a single may be better.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We prefer two single umbrellas and just returned from our second trip with that arrangement. Here's why we like it:

1. You can split up
    2. umbrellas are so much easier to manage on buses
    3. A double is often hard to steer through a crowd, difficult in doorways, and can be a lot for one person to push.

Not all umbrellas are created equal. If you get a good one you can get recline and taller handles. I recommend the Chicco Lightway.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you are bringing the big double, don't forget the brush guard in the front, and the Ben Hur style chariot wheels. I noticed, these features seem to be the rage lately as i was getting run over in the park this last time.

But i saw a big advantage to the double wide. I was watching tired parents toss their kids into strollers after a show. The double wide gives you more of a target to toss them into... and can haul more stuff.

As an experienced air traveler, i couldn't image draggin the double around the airport and security.

Post Thanks / Like

You could do the double stroller that sits 1 in front, 1 in back. Or then there's the double strollers that are a sit and stand variety.

Less space (width wise) when trying to navigate the parks...
    --Heff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadowden View Post
    You could do the double stroller that sits 1 in front, 1 in back. Or then there's the double strollers that are a sit and stand variety.

Less space (width wise) when trying to navigate the parks...
    Right--I really think it depends on that double stroller. If it's truly lightweight and relatively compact, you could get by with it. However, I have seen many parents struggle with navigating Hummer-type strollers through the parks and on/off transportation. That would just not be worth the extra storage space and reclining space, IMO. And the point about being able to split up if you have two strollers is a good one.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

if your bringing your own strollers you may want to do what i did. Bring a cable lock and lock them onto something when going on the rides. Ive had a couple freinds say when thy got off rides their expensive strolles were gone. When i went , just locked it up. Took 2 seconds.
    73-4-5-76Cntpry-77-8-9Polnsyn-80-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-90-1-2 Disney villas-93-4-5-6-7-8 Crbn Bch-99 Grnd Flrdin -00 Anml Kngdm Ldg-01 Wldrns Ldg-02 Brdwlk-03Cntpry-04 Sratga Sprngs-05 Saratoga -06 Sratga -07 Grand California -07 Sratga- 08 Sratga- 09 Wldrns. Ldg.- 10 Treehouse villas

Post Thanks / Like

Let me offer another angle to think about,

So far most responses have been about moving around the Parks, Which is well and good but you still have to get to and from the parks, Presumably using Disney transportation. Unless your planning on traveling after the morning rush and returning early from the Parks that huge double stroller will add to the havoc on the buses. Some of these mega strollers take up the room of 2 people and completely block the aisle especially when the party refuses to be separated. Try this mark out a 26" by 26" spot on the floor and place chairs or some other objects around the square and try to place your folded stroller inside the square. This will give you a good idea of what it will be like on the bus.
    Over 60 visits since 1971

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: