Quantcast March changes (Re: FASTPASS)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default March changes (Re: FASTPASS)

I just wanted to find out how the fast pass changes are working out. I want to clarify that I am not asking how anyone feels about the changes. I just want to know if it is going smoothly in the parks. We are there in a couple of weeks and I want to know what to expect.
    Thank you.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    I just wanted to find out how the fast pass changes are working out. I want to clarify that I am not asking how anyone feels about the changes. I just want to know if it is going smoothly in the parks. We are there in a couple of weeks and I want to know what to expect.
    Thank you.
    The FP time-enforcement changes don't begin until March 7.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! Thank you. Maybe I'll bump this a couple of days after the 7th.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We have always abided by the FP return times. I had no idea it was common to use passes that are hours beyond the return time, I always thought we would be denied. Doesn't that just defeat the purpose? I guess we will not notice the difference then.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Today, in my area at least, there was a "soft" enforcement of the return time window. No guests were actually turned away. But those with expired FPs were delayed briefly while the CMs explained that in the future all guests would be expected to return during the window printed on their ticket. Also, all FP distribution machines have new signs attached which clearly state that guests must return during their window.

Tomorrow will likely be another "soft" enforcement day, but after that guests with expired FPs will not be admitted to the attractions.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ron,
    What area are you in? Would love to come by this week and say Hi. Leaving tomorrow for 8 great days.
    76 CR,80 Offsite,82 CR, 85 Offsite, 88/89 GF,
    91 Dolphin, 93 DxL,94 WL,94 POLY,
    97 Offsite, 99 CSR, 02 ASMo, 03/04 ASMo
    04 POR, 05 POR, 08 POR, 10 ASMu FS,
    12 ASMu FS, 14 ASMo,
    POR, 15 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I would love more information as the rule is enforced. Are there signs by the FP pick up?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Lake View Post
    Hey Ron,
    What area are you in? Would love to come by this week and say Hi. Leaving tomorrow for 8 great days.
    I sent you a PM. Hope you can stop by and say hello.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast Pass Crack Down

Just saw on the local news this morning that WDW will be cracking down on fastpasses - they say they will no longer let you use a fastpass past the time of return printed on the pass. This will effect me as I am guilty of using them past the return time.

Those of you who have just returned did you experienced this????
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

This really shouldn't be a problem for anybody. It's pretty simple, actually. Look at the return time and decide if you want to do it.

Actually, it might work out better in the long run for the rides that are out of FB early. Instead of people just getting a FB and using it whenever, they have to decide it they can make it back during the current window. If they cannot, it leave that FB for use by another guest.

I think once it works itself out over the next few weeks, one is going to difference in the flow of guest in the rides and how quickly the FB are distributed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a pass once knowly after the expired time, TSM. Sometimes the line up times can be off for another ride. I have never gotten over turning around a corner in lineup and then seeing 200+ people in front of you. What a let down it can be. But, I have been at rides on other occasions with fass passes at the appropriate time and was blocked by so many people who came wayyy too early for their passes and blocked the entrance.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit guilty of returning late. Sometimes it's next to impossible depending on the time to return perfectly within that window. Especially if you're standing in another 2 hour line...If you get your pass at 10:00 and it says return 11:00-1:00 and you go get in a line are you supposed to stand around for an hour and wait...ugh...

Between Fast Pass return enforcements, Dining reservations, and 2 hour waits...it just doesn't seem like much of a vacation anymore. I DO agree with Fast Passes expiring on the day you receive them.

My son's going this week. I'm going to let him know that they're getting sticky with it now.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure to read the last sentence.
    Disney cracks down on FastPass enforcement

Published March 08, 2012

FoxNews.com

Disney says it's going to boost enforcement of its popular FASTPASS reservation service.

Disney's free FASTPASS reservation system allows guests to come back to a ride at a specified time within a one-hour window if they don't want to wait.

Walt Disney World and Disneyland have been letting visitors come back any time after that window and still be admitted to the FastPass line. Now Disney says it is putting an end to any wiggle room.

The Inside the Magic blog reports that Walt Disney World is now enforcing both the beginning and end times, allowing guests holding a FastPass to only return during the one-hour window stated on the slip.

"Walt Disney World is now enforcing both the beginning and end times, allowing guests holding a (FastPass) to only return during the one-hour window stated on the slip. And though it will affect regulars who know how to use the leniency to their advantage, most Walt Disney World guests already do return during the designated time window and likely won't notice much of a difference," writes Ricky Brigante of Inside the Magic.

Some say this is the first step in making way for Disney World's yet-to-be-revealed ride reservation system called XPass, where resort guests can reserve their ride times weeks and months in advance. And it is expected to allow for bookings for character meet and greets and key viewing spots for parades and fireworks.

"Given the tremendous popularity of FastPass with our guests, in fairness to all we want to ensure we provide the same opportunity to everyone," said Disney spokesman Rick Sylvain. But, he told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "if a guest experiences extenuating circumstances that affect their ability to return, we will deal with that on a case-by-case basis."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    This really shouldn't be a problem for anybody. It's pretty simple, actually. Look at the return time and decide if you want to do it.
    There's a whole thread down in the news section discussing why this is in place and how people were using it.

This thread is to see how the enforcement is going.

This topic will get pretty passionate once people start preaching to others how they should use a fast pass. Can we please avoid this?
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    There's a whole thread down in the news section discussing why this is in place and how people were using it.

This thread is to see how the enforcement is going.

This topic will get pretty passionate once people start preaching to others how they should use a fast pass. Can we please avoid this?
    Ditto. I am interested in how it is now working in reality, not how those of us in virtual reality think it should.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, am interested in finding out how the new system is working.

I would like to wish all the CMs well as I fear they may receive some verbal abuse during its "break-in" period. Good luck!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    I would like to wish all the CMs well as I fear they may receive some verbal abuse during its "break-in" period. Good luck!
    I agree with you on that. They are just trying to do a job. I will be there next month so I am curious to see how it will play out compared to past visits.
    Please stop for a moment set aside an hour and go find a police officer working a beat and thank them..164 officers last year never got that thank you.. ~ Borrowed and Edited from Nick Ruggiero
    April 24th-29th 2012 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I read a lot of posts saying "What happens if you cannot make it back in that window for things out of your control?" We have been using FP for years now and never had an issue with returning within that window. If something came up, or we just changed our minds and did something else, we just didn't use the FP. This is something so small that has grown into a big deal for no reason. People seem to make Dinner reservations, Show times, Parades, fireworks, etc. with no problems, but FP windows are too difficult?
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed that we keep this thread about how the changes are being implemented and accepted!

Many, many folks weighed in on their feelings regarding the change, and that thread was retired. In reality, the change is happening and hopefully we'll have some concrete reports on how it's going reported here. I'll be there early next week and will be sure to report back.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the feedback thus far regarding the expirences with the changes! I look forward to hearing more.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: