Quantcast 10 days-Am I crazy???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 days-Am I crazy???

So...I just booked at 10 day trip for POFQ Sept 29-Oct 8 or 9 (We aren't sure which day we are coming back yet) Am I bonkers??? The longest we've ever gone for is for 6-7 tops, and that was years ago!!! I have wanted to do this for along time but am still in shock we are doing it...Yall who have done it, help??? What do we need to do to plan for such a undertaking? Any and all tips are welcome please! I'm excited but feel like its abit daunting now that we are actually doing it.
    You can't take the sky from me

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not crazy! It's the perfect amount of time to be able to really relax and enjoy your trip without feeling any need to rush around. You might want to plan for a few ADRs, and you might want to spend more time enjoying your resort or discovering other things about WDW and not every minute in parks. Other than that, my only advice is to take your time, enjoy it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Not crazy, you will have a great time. Last year we spent 19 days in Disney staying at POFQ and loved every minute. Planning for 2013 and hoping to go for 21 days
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

For myself, that is the only way to really enjoy the resort. You don't feel like you MUST get out of bed before the parks open, and stay until they close.

Very relaxing.

The biggest down side is that the 'never want to leave' part of the WDW visit is greatly intensified.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

NOT CRAZY! I love the ten day trips! We've done a four day trip-it was a tease! We have also done 7 days, found that we just wanted it go on longer, often saying "can we/should we add two more days?"- plus we always suffer from the 'LAST DAY DOOM AND GLOOM", so we just book ten day trips now. It gives us plenty of time to move along at a better pace,see each park at least twice,and leaves a day in the middle for a relaxing day/free day and its just long enough so thet the "last day doom and gloom" isn't as bad.
    Love the ten day trips!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would LOVE a 10 day trip. We are the 6-7 day trip people as well. You are doing a GREAT amount of time and we LOVE POFQ!! Our arrival/departure days are just that - we ONLY arrive & depart and don't plan on doing any of the parks. We prefer to just arrive, get set up in our room, explore the resort, have a nice dinner and get to bed early. That typically leaves us 5 full days to enjoy WDW. We do 1 park a day, and mid week we have a down-day where we sleep in and usually hit DTD. (We aren't able to do "all day long" at WDW - it wears us out too much so we go at a nice pace, but don't get to see or do as much) If we had an extra 3 days, it would allow us to spend a day resort-hopping to check out the other places, maybe do a water park, and definitely go BACK to our favorite (or 2) parks before we left....maybe even checking out Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure as well. So - we are hoping for a 10 day trip next time, and of course, it won't be long enough either! LOL. ENJOY your 10 days - and maybe even hit the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Epcot's Food & Wine Festival - great choice of dates!!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Would love a 10 day trip! I would spend time poking around and exploring the resorts
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

You're not crazy! You'll get to enjoy lots of the little "extras" that a lot of us who do shorter trips dream of doing someday.

I think that the Unofficial Guide recommends a trip of 10 days.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Not crazy at all. Our last 2 trips were 10 days & 12 days and our next will be 12 again.
    The longer trips are great because like others have mentioned you can relax and not feel so rushed. We get the 10 day hoppers & plan to not be in the parks for those 2 days. You can go to DTD, stay at your hotel and swim, check out other resorts.
    It is amazing to have all that time, you will love it. I don't think I can do anything shorter again.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with other posters! We have done 9 days most trips, and, believe it or not, sometimes that still doesn't seem long enough! We definitely "plan" a couple free mornings to sleep in and go out to breakfast. We also leave a couple nights "free" so we can hang in the pool, maybe catch the movie at the resort. The free days sometimes are the most fun! I think once you go for the longer vacation, it's really really hard to go back to a shorter one! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

We booked 10 days also, thinking we would cut it down to 7-8 days. Now were thinking to keep the full 10.
    September can't get here soon enough!!
    FD rules.
    I won the "Name the crocodile" contest.
    Anyone want a slightly used Pygmy war canoe?

1984 WDW-first trip
    1998 DLR
    July 2003 CBR
    Nov 2004 POP Century
    2005 DLR- Paradise Pier
    2009/2010 DLR- Halloween Party
    April 2011 - BW Park Place
    October 25, 2011 Halloween Party
    Sept 17-27 POR-RGR

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not crazy! We wouldn't go for less than 9 days now, but prefer 10. It is much more relaxing and takes the pressure off because you know you'll be hitting parks multiple times. But even at 10 days there are things we can't fit in!

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be surprised at how quickly even 10 days goes by!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks yall!!! Im so happy to hear from people who have done it before!! Are there things we need to do to adapt to the longer trip? We are doing the dining plan and have a mug from that but we thought about shipping down a case of water and maybe some cereal and milk?

Post Thanks / Like

Also, when do they normally put out hours for October? I found Sept 29&30 on the wdw official site but am a overplanner and am going crazy not being able to plot where to go.. hmm...maybe I should be put in the soft room till the awesomeness sinks in lol!! Im already so excited I.don't know how I'm going to make it the next 6-7 months!!

Post Thanks / Like

October hours should come out around the 1st of April.

If you're going to purchase more, you might consider a grocery delivery service.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I've done 12 days before and loved it. Much more restful. You can take your time, browse the stores, spend time in the pool, go mini golfing etc.
    And you could think about ordering from Garden Grocer and have water, soda,cereal, milk etc delivered to the resort. Do it early because you might not be able to get the delivery date that you want. Happy planning!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

You're not crazy. I would love to do a ten day trip.

The one thing that I can see getting "old" would be the food. Even 4 days of eating out at restaurants wears on me. But, other than that, I think it would be a blast.

I suggest taking some days entirely OFF from the major theme parks. Maybe do water parks, see Cirque at Downtown Disney, play mini golf, rent watercraft, bikes, etc. There is a lot of fun to be had outside the theme parks, and you will end up more relaxed if you take part in some of those activities.

Even when we go for only a week, we often only get 4 or 5 day tickets, and have a couple "off" days. It works out really well for our family.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

No, you are not crazy. Our first trip was 5 days and when we booked it we thought we were crazy for staying so long. Boy, were we surprised! And that was when AK wasn't open yet. We started extending our trips to 6 or 7 days and it was much better, but then DW and I went for 10 days. Loved it. It was so much easier to relax, stop and enjoy so much more rather than rushing around trying to do everything. Sleep in, stay late, park hop. Now, this is the only way we'll do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank yall <3 I feel much better now! It seemed like such a huge stretch of time at first but now I'm excited, just going crazy waiting for park hours to come out lol

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: