Quantcast Opinions on Bay Lake Tower

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions on Bay Lake Tower

Hi all...I just booked a week in October in the DVC Bay Lake Tower (lakefront view). Any opinions? Thoughts? Pros? Cons? Any info would help thanks. It's myself, wife, and 5 year old son.
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

BLT is our home resort. We've stayed studio lakeview twice and have a third stay booked for October. We absolutely love the resort, we are now totally spoiled.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Have stayed at this resort twice. Love the location! I don't think you'll be disappointed!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

BLT is our home resort as well, we stayed for the 1st time last sept for a week and then did a shorter trip in December. We love the location, we didn't use the monorail we just walked to the MK and it was awesome. Contempo has some really good food options. DS 1 loved the kids water play area by the pool. It's nothing major just jets of water coming up, but it has a nice rubbery covering on the ground which was good for him. We didn't use the buses, we drove to the other parks, but did use them a few years ago when we ate at cr and they were slow and crowded. I don't know if anything has changed and it seems like everyone has their own opinion on buses, but that's my only complaint. We're staying at bcv & bwv this sept and I love the Epcot area but I'm kinda worried that I'm going to miss BLT.

Post Thanks / Like

So far we have stayed there just once since joining DVC, 9/10, for 10 days. We had a 1 BR lake view that also had a part MK view. With just us two we had room to spare, even with two ECVs parked in the room.
    Our daily plan was to eat breakfast in the room, pack lunch for the park du jour, then we could afford to splurge for a good dinner if we wanted.
    Now we are booked for this September in a 2 BR lock-off going with DWs side of the family
    We loved the location, and would highly recommend the place.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Another for BLT. It's our home resort too. We stayed there for the first time in November and it was sooo nice. We had a dedicated 2BR MK View and it was awesome. One thing that I was surprised about was how quiet BLT was. Of course the CR tower is more noisy, but BLT was peaceful.

I stayed at CR three times as a kid and hadn't been back to stay there since the late '80s. We had always stayed in one of the Garden Wings. It was so different being in a tower with a MK View.

BLT has Community Hall, which has lots of activites for kids, so your 5 y.o. might like to spend some time there.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

We only stayed one night pre-cruise and loved it. I can't wait to try it for a longer stay.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

I love being a 5 minute walk from MK. It is no problem to walk over and just see the fireworks or get a Dole Whip. The pool is nice. You can work out in the Contemporary health club. We took the monorail to restaurants at the GF.
    Some people think the theming of BLT is not as Disney-like as say, WL or AKL. I'd certainly stay at BLT again.

Post Thanks / Like

BLT is one of my home resorts... I love being able to just get up and walk over to MK... Plus, the monorail in the contemporary is no more than a 5 minute walk to get to as well... I have nothing bad to say about BLT... No cons at all...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the decor and location of Bay Lake Tower, but I do have some cons. Keep in mind, my cons have to do with the accessibility of the rooms. Also, my mother must use a wheelchair and sometimes can use a walker to get around; she is unable to walk more than a couple steps without assistance. The furniture layout can be hard to manuever with a wheelchair. I know Mom bumped into stuff trying to get around out 2 bedroom lake view unit. Also, not all the bathrooms in the unit were wheelchair accessible. My Mom's chair only fitted into the Master Bath and she has a normal width wheelchair. Did not fit in the other two bathrooms. Also, we were excited to go up to the Top of the world Lounge to watch fireworks until we got there. The balcony wall is too high for someone in a wheelchair to see over! Mom missed some of the lower fireworks because of that.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Best location ever as far as transportation goes. Love the option of walking to Magic Kingdom.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Staying a week at BLT for our 3rd time also this coming Oct in a LK view room. It is our home resort & absolutely love it. The convenience of a short walk to MK & monorail access to Epcot & rooftop access to watch evening fireworks. Love it!
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking back, I did have one complaint about BLT. The floors in both bathrooms were very slippery, and I almost went down a few times. At the time I attributed the slickness to the newness of the building.I hope that the floors are broken in by the time we return this September.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Its our home resort and have stayed twice so far, both times with Lake view. Best lake view is on the sides of the towers just at the building starts to curve. The lake view when looking straight out (above the lobby) was nice except I couldn't sit out on balcony in the AM as the sun was right in your eyes.

My only other concern is that the food court at Contemporary does not have the greatest selection and no mickey waffles that the kids love.

The pluses do outweigh the minuses though and we are glad we chose the resort as our home resort.
    12-AKV (Jun)
    11-BLT (Nov)
    10-AKV (Jun) BLT (Nov)
    09-New DVC member @BLT
    09-SSR ( Dec)
    08-POFQ (Halloween)
    07-AS Music (Halloween)
    06-AS Movies (Halloween)
    05-AS Movies (Apr)
    01-2003 Off Site
    00-CS (5 year anniversary)
    97-AS Sports (friends wedding)
    95-Dixie Landings (honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

BLT is one of my homes and one of my all time favorite resorts! I have had lake view and theme park view- studios and one bdrm. I cannot say enough how much I love this resort. ONLY complaint (tho it's not a HUGE complaint) is having to check in at the contemporary.

Other than that- I'm all for it!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

BLT is our home as well. We loved it. I actually found it awesome that it is a separate resort from all the restaurants/shops. And having the monorail totally spoiled us. The only bad experience we had was when we checked in, it wasn't cleaned very well. But mousekeeping came after we called.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

BLT is our home resort

Pros- location location location. Walkable to MK. Priceless

The fireworks from the rooftop lounge. Never crowded, better view then the park, music pumped in.

Rooms modern, stylish , clean

Great quick service nearby contempo cafe in the contemporary

Cons- theming. Unlike boardwalk, or Polynesian, or fort wilderness, etc. there's no wow factor when you arrive, no resort feel, no feeling like you are transported to another place or time. Just 'feels' like a hotel. An incredibly nice hotel, but a hotel.

Pool- horrible planning it hardly ever sees the sun. When we were there it was covered in shadows almost all the time.
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

Post Thanks / Like

Its our home resort and we love it .
    Location to MK is a plus and you get the use of the CR pools .The rooms are spacious and light
    You cant really go wrong
    The only down side there is no eatery there and you have to go to the CR
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

You'll love it with your son! It's the only place (until this May...) that our kids have stayed and it's perfect for them. They can watch the fireworks at MK from their room or the elevator lobby in their pjs and still be in bed at a reasonable hour. We love it and will be back when we bring the whole family down again. Enjoy the trip and think about doing the MNSSHP if you haven't already - my kids love it!

Post Thanks / Like

There's some good and bad there - in general our stay was great.

Pros - It's really close to MK and Epcot is just a monorail ride away! Really convenient and easy for those parks. The views are gorgeous, Top of the World Lounge is really cool, pool is great... pretty much all of the things everyone has already said.

Cons - The busing situation can be pretty bad sometimes, especially during EMH when the monorail is down. The rooms are a little on the small side. All of the amenities of the Contemporary are pretty far away compared to what you can get at other resorts.

Overall, I was happy with the experience, but I wasn't happy enough with it to not want to try other resorts.
    Caribbean Beach August 1992
    Pop Century March 2008
    Beach Club April 2010
    Vero/BLT August 2011
    VWL July 2012

Next trip - Beach Club August 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: