Quantcast Best Places to eat at each park & resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Places to eat at each park & resort

We are taking our first trip to Universal Orlando in May. Can you tell me what you think are the best places to eat at each park, at City Walk and at the on site resorts? We are staying at Portofino Bay for 2 nights. Our plane arrives at 5:30, so we do not plan on visiting any parks the first night we get there. We will have more time that night to go to City Walk or eat at a resort. Our 2 park days, will be split between both parks.

We are not doing the dining plan.

Thank you for any info.
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that we have eaten at almost all of the restaurants and quick service in the parks and city walk. Ill give you my opinion on the ones I can remember.

City Walk:

Pasta More.... My favorite...Nothing very fancy as far as the decor but really good Italian food...and I know good Italian. Must do.

Margaritaville....chain type food which is not bad. Entertainment ALOT on fun! Must do.

Latin Quarter.....Restaurant theme is nice...not impressed with the food especially for the price. Won't go back.

NasCar Cafe..... chain type food was OK, not bad. Lots of TV's showing racing. Not on the top of our list but won't refuse to do again.

Hard Rock Cafe.....Just like all of the others... Fun place if you are in the mood for loud music.

IOA:

Blondie's.......Made to order deli sandwiches. Surprisingly fresh and very good.

Cafe 4......We had pizza here and again it was suprisingly good. We all liked it!

The Burger Digs..... Usual fast food theme park food....OK but nothing special.

Pizza Predatorria......Usual theme park pizza...nothing special. It's not the same pizza served at Cafe 4??????????

Thunder Falls Terrace.....More of a selection and not bad but nothing to WOW you.

We have always wanted to eat at Confisco's but never have gotten around to it. It's at the park enterance and has never been opened for dinner when we are there. We had reservations on our last trip but didn't feel like leaving the part of the park we were in at lunch time.

Continued................................
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Studio:

Finnegans.....This is my favorite in this park. It's an Irish Pub setting and the food is very good and so are the drinks. Must do for us.

Beverly Hills Boulangerie..... OMG love this place BUT it is very SMALL and very SLOW. Again deli sandwiches made to order. Very fresh & tasty. They have the best desserts ever! My husband who is the King of Cheesecake claims that they have the creamiest he has ever tasted. It is hard to chose between the 10 or 12 different mouth watering flavors they have. Plus, there is a large selection of other desserts! Must do every trip.

Mel's Drive In.....Fun place to eat, but basic fast food nothing more.

International Food & Film Festival.......Nice selection and the food was good. Not the usual stuff. Will eat here again!

Monsters Cafe....Theme was cool.....food was OK...just the usual.

Louie's Italian Restaurant.....theme park Italian food. Probably won't do again.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. We did eat at both the Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific Hotel for breakfast and they were both good.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the info. Do you need to make reservations if you want to eat at Confisco's?
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

At the Portofino, Mama Della's was very good and Sal's has good pizza.

City Walk:
    Margaritaville and Bubba Gump's were good.

Post Thanks / Like

I can say I really only ate at Mel's, Three Broomsticks, and Margaritaville.... I loved Margaritaville... The jumbalaya was out of this world!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jeanie View Post
    Thank you for all the info. Do you need to make reservations if you want to eat at Confisco's?
    I suggest making them, but I find they are not always absolutely neccessary like in Disney, but I always stay on the safe side.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: