Quantcast Trip Planning

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Trip Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trip Planning

How does your family keep up with plans that you decide to make? We havent booked a trip yet, but if/when we do is there a way better than another to spreadsheet it out as to what day you want to do what?
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people use the Passporter to keep track of everything or one of the 5 billion unofficial planning software that you have to pay for. I find a spreadsheet works just fine. No need to get complicated.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a spreadsheet, and a legal pad. But my favorite is a 3x5 note card. That gives me just enough room to list park hours, show times, parade and fireworks times, and my ADR's. Best of all, it fits in my wallet.

Post Thanks / Like

I just create a table in a word document. For each day, I list any pertinent information like which park I'm going to visit and any ADR numbers and dining times. Nothing fancy - just a basic outline.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If you already know what park you're going to for the day I just pick up one of the daily schedule pamphlets at the gates when I walk in. No need to write all that down when Disney already provides it for free in a handy slip of paper.

Post Thanks / Like

I just plan it all out in a notebook. I pick the park, then where to eat,all that stuff.
    Then when we are about a week away from our trip I get 3x5 note cards, make one for each day. On the front I put the date, which park/parks we are planning on going to,and where we have ressies at with conf. number. On the back I list the park hours for all the other parks, extra magic hours. Then I cover the cards in clear contact paper, so they don't get ruined if they get wet. I bring them all and every morning I grab that days card & we are good to go.
    My husband and kids laugh at me, but they sure are glad I am so neurotic when we get there.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

I put reservations and confirmation numbers on my smart phone as calendar items so I get reminders of where I need to be as well as a copy of my confirmation if there is a reservation issue.

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I just create a table in a word document. For each day, I list any pertinent information like which park I'm going to visit and any ADR numbers and dining times. Nothing fancy - just a basic outline.
    This is what I do but I have the page in landscape and have a column for each day, with a row each for breakfast, morning, lunch, afternoon, supper and evening. I include ADR numbers, EMH parks, just a basic outline.

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    I've used a spreadsheet, and a legal pad. But my favorite is a 3x5 note card. That gives me just enough room to list park hours, show times, parade and fireworks times, and my ADR's. Best of all, it fits in my wallet.
    I have used the index cards on extended camping trips, with route info, campground info, etc, but have never thought of using the cards on a Disney trip. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post
    I put reservations and confirmation numbers on my smart phone as calendar items so I get reminders of where I need to be as well as a copy of my confirmation if there is a reservation issue.
    On our last trip my niece put our ADR info in her phone as an extra reminder. Very handy, since the phone will remind us more than a stagnant piece of paper in a pocket.

But I'm still bringing my chart along!

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I have things in a bit more detail in a spreadsheet format, but I have a one page calendar page (colour coded) to show where we are staying (since we're switching resorts part way through), where/time we're eating, what park we are going to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I do the exact same thing and just keep the one sheet with me at all times during the trip!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

I put everything on my calendar in my iPhone.

My wife prefers an app called Cozi which is basically a large calendar that anyone can see that you give access to.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

I just list ADR numbers and times in my phone under Notes, and sometimes carry a tiny notebook in my bag with the dates, other special numbers, flight info, etc (also in phone), but just as backup. We like to keep our plans loose, pretty much just which park, which day and where we r eating. More planning than that loses the wandering, impulsive feel for us.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P