First of all, I feel honored to have been mentioned on one of my favorite podcasts, and as always, I'm grateful to be part of a community that shares such a passion for our beloved theme parks.

That being said, I felt I owed you guys and explanation as to why their was no beef selection in the flight, while also addressing the gravy issue. I'm still a little embarrassed by the poor quality of the photo. Apparently I'm an even worse photographer than I am a cook!

First, the selection of meats, which turned out to be turkey, lamb, and pork, was determined by my local Stop & Shop. Every Saturday morning I go directly from my work shift at the PO to the supermarket, where I get to do my food shopping with minimum crowds. Unfortunately, by going so early, the store is often in a state of disarray and shelves are still being stocked, the fishmonger is just setting up, and the butcher shop is still rotating their meats. That morning I intended to get turkey, lamb, and either veal or beef, but when I got there, they had no veal, and the ground beef looked real sketchy. I finally settled on the pork instead.

Second, in my sad attempt to record the event with a photograph, I somehow forgot to show one of the key elements of the meal, the customized individual sauces (not exactly gravy, no) for dipping or pouring that accompanied each selection. As it turns out, they were only so-so anyway, and I'll work to perfect the recipe for next time.

Again, thanks for the mention, the initial inspiration, and of course, special thanks to Gary for sticking up for my selection of meats despite the lack of beef.