Quantcast Noise at New Dumbo Location from Tomorrowland Speedway?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Noise at New Dumbo Location from Tomorrowland Speedway?

I was just looking at some recent in-progress photos of the New Fantasyland construction. Now that the tent and queue structure of the new Dumbo location appears to be built and visible, I noticed that part of it is directly adjacent to part of the Tomorrowland Speedway track.

Dumbo has always been a pleasant attraction with carnival-like music and ambience. To be blunt, the Tomorrowland Speedway is loud and smells like gasoline. Does anyone know whether there will be any sort of sound barrier to keep Dumbo sounding serene and child-like in its new location as opposed to hearing the "vroom vroom" of the Tomorrowland Speedway cars while in queue and on the ride at the new Dumbo location?
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the answer, but that's a great point. I suppose they'll drown it out with barriers, ride music, and background noise from the other circus elements. I wonder if it will work 100% though.

I still find it a little sad that there won't be the traditional view of the castle while riding it, though I'm not entirely a traditionalist and am open to change at WDW. if it is for the better.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

It'd be nice if Tomorrowland Speedway was next on the chopping block. I think Tomorrowland needs the next big refurb as a whole but goodness the Speedway serves little to no purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that they'll use a buffer of trees or some sort of wall that will (hopefully) block any noise.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HackLaSalle View Post
    but goodness the Speedway serves little to no purpose.
    Couldn't disagree more! Definitely agree with it needing a refurb, but to take away something that brings many, many children joy and excitement when they get to 'drive' would be a shame.

I see the potential of what the OP describes. You can see how close the two attractions are in the photo below. But I have confidence Disney will do what it does best and they will make sure everything flows seamlessly. The area where that construction wall is located is prime for buffer trees.

I too, like DarthMacho, am a bit sad that the Dumbo experience that we've all known is no more, but I'm sure new memories will be made with the new set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they never get rid of the speedway! Especially now as a mommy of two boys! My 3 year old loves this ride and I got to see my dad ride it with my son this time. I remember riding it with my Dad and being soooo excited to drive myself!

With that being said I am sure they will find a way to drown out the noise. I too am upset that we won't be viewing the castle from the new dumbo ride. But it is my sons favorite ride and it carries so many memories for me so I guess I am just grateful that they aren't taking it away.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish it was closer to the Autotopias its based off of. As currently constructed with all the gasoline smell and noise I feel that it does more harm than good. A refurb would be great but man that's a lot of land to put in a new E-Ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish it was closer to the Autotopias its based off of. As currently constructed with all the gasoline smell and noise I feel that it does more harm than good. A refurb would be great but man that's a lot of land to put in a new E-Ticket.
    But to my kids, it IS an E-ticket. That's my point. But yes, the Autopia's (particularly Hong Kong) are so much better themed/constructed. Again, I'm all for a refurb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    But to my kids, it IS an E-ticket.
    My son's favorite too. He'd be heartbroken if it went away.
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    But to my kids, it IS an E-ticket. That's my point. But yes, the Autopia's (particularly Hong Kong) are so much better themed/constructed. Again, I'm all for a refurb.
    I'm with you! CARS . . . . come on ~ it's seriously a no brainer . . . . refurb and a Cars theme!!! Sheesh . . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    I'm with you! CARS . . . . come on ~ it's seriously a no brainer . . . . refurb and a Cars theme!!! Sheesh . . . .
    So true. My kids (both girls) also love this ride, but I would love an update.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Our girls love the Speedway too! But I agree, a refurb would be welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

It'd be nice if Tomorrowland Speedway was next on the chopping block. I think Tomorrowland needs the next big refurb as a whole but goodness the Speedway serves little to no purpose.
    I wish so much that they would make the tomorrow speedway a Cars theme. How cool would that be if you could drive around Mater or McQueen?
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Default and what of Cosmic Ray's?

Sorry to temporarily hijack this, but I am having trouble understanding the schematics of this (and I've been to MK so many times I've lost count). Dumbos and whatever that is being constructed in that photo are plainly visible from the TSpeedway, and if that's the case, then shouldn't Dumbo and say, the Mermaid ride, or the 7 Dwarfs ride or the Beast's castle be directly opposite Cosmic Ray's and Star Traders? Or maybe just adjacent to? It seems there is some overlap between the theming of the different lands. I just don't see how they're going to pull this one off, short of renaming and re-doing Cosmic Ray's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    I wish so much that they would make the tomorrow speedway a Cars theme. How cool would that be if you could drive around Mater or McQueen?
    I definitely agree with suggesting a refurb, but how does a Cars theme corralate with tomorrow? Can't we do something with cars of the future? Maybe electric? It's bad enough Buzz and Monsters has nothing to do with the tomorrow theme. Let's take it back providing an outlook to the future, even if it's only a few years out. Or, just rename the entire land if they're no longer going to make attractions for this theme. Sorry to get away from the op.
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Cars has nothing to do with Tomorrowland. If anything, Cars is retro. It just doesn't fit!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Just a giant, "I don't care in the least" if attractions don't fit the name/theme of the land.

I just don't.

As long as the facade is a design fit, I don't care what the attraction represents.

Virtually every ride operating in Tomorrowland is a non-sequitur in regard to "the future."

What IS "the Future" these days, anyway?

Smaller screens on Ipads?
    Larger screens on iPhones?
    More internal processors with faster speeds?

And-

Does Tinker Bell fit Adventureland?
    Does Ariel fit Adventureland?

Do I want them removed?

I just don't care.

There. I said it.

Post Thanks / Like

And I DO care.
    There, I said it.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stitchingirl View Post
    Sorry to temporarily hijack this, but I am having trouble understanding the schematics of this (and I've been to MK so many times I've lost count). Dumbos and whatever that is being constructed in that photo are plainly visible from the TSpeedway, and if that's the case, then shouldn't Dumbo and say, the Mermaid ride, or the 7 Dwarfs ride or the Beast's castle be directly opposite Cosmic Ray's and Star Traders? Or maybe just adjacent to? It seems there is some overlap between the theming of the different lands. I just don't see how they're going to pull this one off, short of renaming and re-doing Cosmic Ray's.
    I think it flows well. What you are seeing in that photo is the dueling Dumbo area only. They have built two tents (which are the queue areas), one for each Dumbo. This is the old Toontown area.

Ariel's Undersea Adventure, the new 7 Dwarfs mine coaster and Belle's Castle area all span the area directly in front of Pooh down to the Carousel. Does that make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I wish it was closer to the Autotopias its based off of. As currently constructed with all the gasoline smell and noise I feel that it does more harm than good.
    Kind of a strange sentiment. How in the world does a theme park attraction enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of children year after year do any "harm?"

You personally may not like it, but there's lots of stuff I don't like in WDW either (like Fantasmic, for example) but I certainly wouldn't condemn them as "harmful" and advocate for their removal. I understand that some people find them enjoyable and I'd prefer they stay so those folks can continue to derive pleasure from them.

That's one of the things I love about WDW. There's something for everyone.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: