Quantcast Episode 29 - That's A Lot Of Shuffleboard

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 29 - That's A Lot Of Shuffleboard

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast
    Thats a Lot of Shuffleboard
    Episode 29

The Cast: Mel, John, Ian, Gary, Carol

- Castmember beards and casual Fridays. Mel will be on mustache watch.

- Cruise Line news - unfortunately, some of it is horribly incorrect in this part of the show. *We will get it straight after the break. No, the Europe cruises do not leave from Florida, and the Alaskan cruise does not leave from Seattle.

- Disney Premier Visa - new card will have an annual fee. 8 designs.

- Ian kills his router and forces an unexpected reboot.

- Electric Umbrella. Gary wants to know why the restaurant stinks so bad now.

- We correct our missteps Cruise wise.

- INTERCOT Best Of Parades. Carol misses Tapestry of Nations. Melanie says BOO TO YOU! Ian is a fan of Spectromagic. Gary goes for the Main Street Electrical Parade. John goes with the hipster choice of the Bicentennial Parade from 1976.

- The INTERCOT 15th Anniversary boards are up. *Join in the fun and plan your trip.

- One of our members actually made a Flight of Meatloaf. *John and Ian are upset that beef was not included.

- Star Wars weekends announced May 18 - June 10.

- Universal announcements. New Spiderman updates, water show, parade, Despicable Me, new Blue Man Show and more.

- Gary the squirrel and Ponce DeLe Squarepants

>> Download, Listen, Love...
    Last edited by John; 02-14-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Cruise Line news - unfortunately, some of it is horribly incorrect in this part of the show. *We will get it straight after the break. No, the Europe cruises do not leave from Florida, and the Alaskan cruise does not leave from Seattle.

And that's all I've got to say about that!

Post Thanks / Like

Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just have to say that I stinking love listening to you all! I usually listen at work, so it's a nice little Disney break in the middle of my work day. I crack up a lot, and then have to try to explain to my cubemates what the heck is so funny. Keep up the good work!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    Just have to say that I stinking love listening to you all! I usually listen at work, so it's a nice little Disney break in the middle of my work day. I crack up a lot, and then have to try to explain to my cubemates what the heck is so funny. Keep up the good work!
    I listen in work too, and my co-workers now all wonder why I smile and laugh to myself.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

So sad when I listened to part 2. Was excited to cruise from Miami to Croatia. That would have given me time to contemplate "42" ( "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything".)
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    So sad when I listened to part 2. Was excited to cruise from Miami to Croatia. That would have given me time to contemplate "42" ( "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything".)
    Heh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Heh.
    A reference to the Douglas Adams "Hitchhiker guide to the Galaxy."

From wikipedia:
    "The number 42 is, in the novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", and is calculated by an enormous supercomputer over a period of 7.5 million years to be 42. Unfortunately no one knows what the question is. Thus, to calculate the Ultimate Question, a special computer the size of a small planet and using organic components was created and named "Earth".

Was tongue in cheek and yes, I am a nerd.
    Last edited by Disney Hungarian; 02-15-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added nerd wording
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    I listen in work too, and my co-workers now all wonder why I smile and laugh to myself.
    So glad I'm not alone! I'm really beginning to think they think I'm nuts! Once I get the giggles it's hard to stop!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Darth, you're going to feel the love in Episode 30.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't finished listening yet, but just had to jump in and say I LOVE "The Prime". It's awesome. I agree with Gary and John...who needs to actually go to a store anymore???

Everyone should have The Prime. I did the free trial and used it for all my Christmas shopping. WELL worth the $79/year! And, you get instant tv/movies, etc. similar to Netflix.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    So glad I'm not alone! I'm really beginning to think they think I'm nuts! Once I get the giggles it's hard to stop!
    Haha I do the same thing! Thankfully only DBF works upstairs with me and only a few techs are in and out once in a while so not everyone thinks I'm crazy yet lol. I get the giggles too when I listen and DBF will come to my office and go, listening to the podcast?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    But I get the giggles too when I listen!!!
    Me too!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Ministers of Mis-information

Totally cracking up after the break and the corrections to all the cruise information. Classic! Trying to fit the Intercot meeting into my schedule in Oct! Fingers crossed.
    Security Cast Member '90-'91

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    Never travel without your towel.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Another awesome Podcast! I am with Ian that SpectroMagic is my favorite parade

I agree with the gang about the 10th anniversary, the meet & greet and Illuminations viewing was really the signature event of the weekend. I hope it can happen again!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the gigglefest that was Episode 29. I get lots of strange looks at work too when I laugh while listening to the Podcast.

Now I'm considering the Prime. I wouldn't have considered it when I lived in NJ, but now that I'm in Bugtussle, it takes much longer to get any store and I'm doing more of my shopping online.

A shout out to Gary for naming my favorite parade, the MSEP. I too, purchased a recording of it, on cassette, and I'm not sure where it is. It's either still in my parents' house or in a box somewhere in my house, yet to be unboxed from the move. I was thrilled that I got to see the parade again in November after all of the years of going to WDW and it not being there. BTW - I thought that DH would hate the music when he heard it, but he actually liked it and said that it reminded him of ELP.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    Now I'm considering the Prime. I wouldn't have considered it when I lived in NJ, but now that I'm in Bugtussle, it takes much longer to get any store and I'm doing more of my shopping online.
    That's not a real place. That's a cartoon town, right? Otherwise I'm imagining some guy looking for a place to set up his town, sees two bugs fighting in a field and say, "Well, this must be the place."
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    That's not a real place. That's a cartoon town, right? Otherwise I'm imagining some guy looking for a place to set up his town, sees two bugs fighting in a field and say, "Well, this must be the place."
    I thought the same thing Gary! Well, not the funny scenario you mentioned, but what a unique name that was for a town.

Post Thanks / Like

Bugtussle is the hometown of the Clampetts on the Beverly Hillbillies.
    I am racking up my nerd points this week.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: