Quantcast POR or POFQ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: POR or POFQ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default POR or POFQ?

For those who know both resorts, is there a big difference between the two in regards to walking distance to bus stops and bus service? Which would be better for our group? Party will be 3 adults and 2 children, ages 4 and 1. I prefer POFQ but it might cost us more, trying to decide what makes the most sense for our party and budget.

I've only stayed at POP before with standard room and never had a problem with walking distance. Are the two resorts similar in size?

Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

POR is my choice. I have walked through POFQ each time and it is a nice resort but it didnt do it for me enough to stay there. I believe there is more food options at POR. It definately is the larger of the two but it makes up for it with all of the extra bus stops (4 I believe).

Both POR and POFQ share buses and every time that I have stayed onsite I have never had an issue catching a bus a POR. In most cases we got the bus before POFQ so it was easier for us to get a seat then it was for the POFQ quests.

POR has two types of sections. The Bayou (Very shady with small streams running through it) and the Mansions (Very grand with gardens and nice lawns. Both have about the same walk on average to the main building....but there are some very close Bayou buildings that are worth requesting if you want a really short trip to the main building.

There is more for the kids to do at POR (Arcade, Fishing, Boating, and they have many more pool options.) Their main pool is much more fun in my opinion. But the Dragon at the POFQ is pretty cool.

To me it just seems alot more roomier at POR then the POFQ. When we walked over there for some beignets(Worth the walk) it seemed like a nice place. Just not as nice as POR.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say POR as well. You'll read a ton about how it's bigger and more spread out than POFQ, but there are several more bus stops and our experience was that buses stopped at POR first as well. Always had a seat and never had to wait long for a bus.
    You can always request a room close to the main building and this may be the way to go since you have small children, but I think the closest buildings to the food court are now all preferred buildings. I never found the walk to be unmanageable even after a full day in the parks and tired kids! We did not stay at one of the closest buildings!
    POFQ is a smaller resort area, but it is more money to stay there. In my opinion it's not worth the extra dough. They do have a very cool water slide at POFQ, but as a guest at POR you have access to either pool. It's a very short walk between the two- maybe 10 minutes or so.
    Hope you have a great vacation! We are vacationing at POR in April! Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

I personally prefer the atmosphere at POR. But I sent you a website link (PM) so you could check them both out a little more closely yourself. Have fun deciding!

Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

POFQ and POR are exactly the same price. There is no difference in room rates between the two. They are sister resorts and the same price for the same room (ie, standard to standard, etc.)
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they are the same price - what I meant is that the pin code I have will only let me book certain rooms. So it's more expensive for that reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricbr View Post
    Both POR and POFQ share buses and every time that I have stayed onsite I have never had an issue catching a bus a POR. In most cases we got the bus before POFQ so it was easier for us to get a seat then it was for the POFQ quests.
    I think it depends on where the bus is going because most times POFQ has gotten the bus before POR.... and most times they drop off POR first on the way back to the resorts...

Personally I LOVE POFQ the slid just seals the deal but also POR is too HUGE I like the smallness of POFQ..... but it always depends on youre taste.
    I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky.

Post Thanks / Like

We love POR! The atmosphere is amazing...food court is great...so many activities.
    POFQ reminded me of staying at a hotel while POR felt more like a resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NokOnHarts View Post
    Yeah, they are the same price - what I meant is that the pin code I have will only let me book certain rooms. So it's more expensive for that reason.
    That makes sense. I just didn't want misinformation out there and people thinking that French Quarter was more expensive than Riverside. Hope you got a good deal, personally I think you'll be happy with either resort. Although not stayed there I've heard good things about both, and they should all have been refurbed with queen beds now.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    That makes sense. I just didn't want misinformation out there and people thinking that French Quarter was more expensive than Riverside. Hope you got a good deal, personally I think you'll be happy with either resort. Although not stayed there I've heard good things about both, and they should all have been refurbed with queen beds now.
    Understood! And yes, the queen beds are a huge plus which is making me want to upgrade from POP for sure! Having little kids crawl in bed in the middle of the night in a double is awful!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pofq

we absolutely love the french quarter. Easy to get around, nice pool, good bus service. My husband is disabled and it is very convenient not having to walk 10 minutes to get to the pool or buses or dining. I think you will be happy with either resort though.
    Port Orleans French Quarter July 2016[/B][/COLOR]
    Port Orleans French Quarter & Wilderness Lodge June/July 2012
    Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010
    Port Orleans French Quarter-August 2007
    Disney Land- October 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter-July 2005
    Many trips off-site as a child

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: