Quantcast Cabin Parking

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Cabin Parking

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabin Parking

Anyone out there know if there is room for two cars at the cabins or do they even allow 2 cars? Have stayed at Fort Wilderness many times but always in a RV. This will be the first time in a cabin, maybe! Still in the planning stage.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We we stayed several years ago, we had two cars. We parked one at the cabin, the other at the check in/main parking lot.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen people park two cars at the cabins many times but as Kenny pointed out, there is a parking area for additional cars at the outpost/check in area. Unless you are planning on using both cars to travel to other destinations frequently while at WDW, there really isn't any reason to have the second car parked at the cabin. When we visit, once we get the luggage out of the car; we very rarely ever touch the car again until it is time to pack up and head back home.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be pretty crowded to park two cars at any cabin. The "driveway" is really only large enough for one. It is expected that extra vehicles will park at the outpost.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If I am not mistaken, DW tells you that you are to park only one car at the cabin and any other car is to be parked in the overflow parking area. We only park one car, but I do see several people parking there cars on the grass in order to park two cars at the cabin.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
    If I am not mistaken, DW tells you that you are to park only one car at the cabin and any other car is to be parked in the overflow parking area. We only park one car, but I do see several people parking there cars on the grass in order to park two cars at the cabin.
    It's been a number of years since we stayed in the cabins at Disney World and I never experienced anyone parking multiple cars at their cabins. It's pretty sad if Disney is not enforcing its own rules.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The policy has always been one car at the cabin. You used to have to sign an acknowledgment at check-in that you were allowed one car at the cabin and the others had to park in the parking lot at the Outpost. In spite of that, people would still break the rules and park 2 cars at their cabin. Maybe it just became too unpleasant having to argue with them. The last time I was there, I didn't have to sign an acknowledgment. I would ask at the Outpost what the policy is.
    Too numerous visits to count. Resorts stayed at include:

Bay Lake Tower
    Contemporary
    Fort WIlderness
    Beach Club Villas
    Yacht Club
    Board Walk Villas
    Swan
    Dolphin
    Polynesian
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Saratoga Springs
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Wilderness Lodge Villas
    WIlderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if the cabins and the campsites have the same rules or not. However, in March of 2011, my parents were camping in loop 900 and they were allowed to have two cars on the campsite. I am not sure if it had something to do with the new larger campsites or not.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    It's pretty sad if Disney is not enforcing its own rules.
    Show me a rule that they actually do enforce other than the banned items they check your bag for upon entry to the parks.

There are kids riding heeley shoes running into everybody. People smoking on balconies at the resorts. Smoking in non-designated areas everywhere. People bringing those huge strollers on the buses and banging everybody in the knees with them as they try to drag them down the isle (which really really ticks me off by the way). I was on a bus a couple of years ago and a guy tried to bring one of those on and the bus driver actually would not let him on with it and man did it make that guy mad. Of course he gave the bus driver the "you are the only one that has said anything, I have been taking it on buses all week." I could go on and on with rules they have that are rarely if ever enforced

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: