Quantcast bottled water

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: bottled water

Post Thanks / Like

Default bottled water

can you bring your own bottled water with you on the ship for your length of stay ? and if so, how do you pack the water so it does not get damaged during luggage loading ?

thanks in advance
    1994 french quarter-port orleans
    2002 all star movies
    2003 all star movies
    2004 wilderness lodge
    2005 french quarter/disney wonder
    2007 polynesian ( cancelled )
    2008 wilderness lodge
    2010 polynesian
    2012 disney dream

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Yes, you can bring your own. It would probably be best to either bring a full case with shrink-wrap intact or package a smaller quantity in a similar way so the baggage handlers can clearly see what it is.

You can also simplify things by buying a case onboard, which we did on one 7-night trip. I don't recall the price, but yes - - it was expensive.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Yes, you can bring your own. It would probably be best to either bring a full case with shrink-wrap intact or package a smaller quantity in a similar way so the baggage handlers can clearly see what it is.

You can also simplify things by buying a case onboard, which we did on one 7-night trip. I don't recall the price, but yes - - it was expensive.
    Can we bring our cooler on board with our luggage ? we always bring a large cooler to WDW into our room with us. we can not remember bringing our cooler onboard in 2005 with us.
    thanks in advance
    2002 all star movies
    2003 all star movies
    2004 wilderness lodge
    2008 wilderness lodge
    2010 polynesian
    2012 disney dream

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

No. Per DCL's website:

Question What food or food storage containers are not permitted? Answer Food coolers containing personal snack foods and drinks may not be brought onboard. They are only permitted if needed for medications, baby food or items related to special dietary needs.
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like

They do prefer if you have the water bagged separately. They do not want you to check a case of water. You may want to pack an extra duffle for it. We just added bottles to our suitcases and left the rest for the porters. It all arrived safely.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Last time we cruised, I brought most of a case of water on board. I put it in a rolling back pack and carried it on board with me. I had to tote it around until the room was ready but, it wasn't too bad because it had wheels. A case of water on board the ship can be a little pricey. We usually bring a bottle of champagne on board too.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Auroring Good Time View Post
    Last time we cruised, I brought most of a case of water on board. I put it in a rolling back pack and carried it on board with me. I had to tote it around until the room was ready but, it wasn't too bad because it had wheels. A case of water on board the ship can be a little pricey. We usually bring a bottle of champagne on board too.
    thats a great idea using something on wheels. can you bring your own alcohol without any problems when you are going thru security & check in ? maybe a 6 pack or something like that , not much more than that.

thanks
    2002 all star movies
    2003 all star movies
    2004 wilderness lodge
    2008 wilderness lodge
    2010 polynesian
    2012 disney dream

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Make sure that whatever you carry onboard will fit through the x-ray machine - - dimensions shown in the below quote from the DCL website.

Also remember that you will be hauling around whatever you carry onboard until your stateroom is ready - about 1:30pm.

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.
    Ed

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: