Quantcast "New" ADR policy - LOVE!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "New" ADR policy - LOVE!

We just returned yesterday from a week in the World. I have to say, I LOVE the new dining policy that prevents people from making multiple ADRs for the same time.

I did make one TS ADR per night of our stay at our 180-day mark just so we'd have them. But, we went w/o the dining plan this time and that left some room for us to make extra plans while we were there. One more than one occasion we were able to secure ADRs on the SAME DAY for places we wanted to eat that night. On the 24th, we left MK and went to the GF to show the kids where we spent our honeymoon 16 years ago. While we were there we decided to check on availability at 1900 Park Fare for dinner. We thought we'd have to wait for sure, but we were seated immediately. I can't say that we would have been able to get into the more popular spots (like 'Ohana or Le Cellier) but we were pleasantly surprised at our luck getting the ADRs we got. That has not been possible for a long time, and believe me, we have tried!!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had an easy time!

I agree, this new policy is working and I couldn't be more thankful! Long overdue, but glad it was finally done. We've had some great success as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you on that one! I was hoping that the new policy would make it a little easier to get ADRs closer to the vacation. Wonder if the super popular places are still filling up as fast.
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

Post Thanks / Like

Great news, can't wait for our May trip.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Chase View Post
    Wonder if the super popular places are still filling up as fast.
    My experience is no, as we got Le Cellier dinner reservations for January in December.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with all of you. I think the new policy will benefit the average guest. It's about time they did something.

Post Thanks / Like

I am still seeing availability at Le Cellier for both lunch and dinner seatings on my upcoming trip a week from today. I have not got one ADR planned and I am happy as a lark that I will find a place to eat when I want to eat on this trip. I am frankly fed up with all of the planning for ADRs.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving it too! Got Le Cellier dinner for tomorrow about a week ago. Can't wait!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought of something and maybe you guys will know the answer. Let's say I have Via Napoli booked in Epcot, but the day of we decide, for whatever reason, we want to eat Mexican instead. Let's say we are able to change our ADR from Via Napoli to La Hacienda while in the park. Would we be charged the fee for canceling within 24 hours? I bet we would, but was wondering if there is an offical policy on changed ADRs.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I just thought of something and maybe you guys will know the answer. Let's say I have Via Napoli booked in Epcot, but the day of we decide, for whatever reason, we want to eat Mexican instead. Let's say we are able to change our ADR from Via Napoli to La Hacienda while in the park. Would we be charged the fee for canceling within 24 hours? I bet we would, but was wondering if there is an offical policy on changed ADRs.
    I think they only care if you don't show up w/o cancelling. I know they say 24 hours' notice, but I think if you cancel, rebook and then actually show up to the new ADR, there shouldn't be a problem. And, if you are charged, I think you could successfully argue that the charges be reversed. They're just trying to prevent no-shows and having to turn away walk-ups. If your ADR is cancelled and they know they can take a walk-up in your place, I think it should be fine.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Love this new policy!!! We were able to call the morning we decided to do cape may and got in! we did try to change O'Hanas from Friday to Tuesday for the past month with no luck so after checking again while we were there with no openings except for 9:30's adjust stuck with our Friday reservation. We tried walking up to lecellier for anytime and were shut down miserably though
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

The two restaurants used as examples here are not on the secured-with-a-credit-card-list.

If these two example restaurants were on the list, I am thinking that if you called at least mid-afternoon and asked for availability at La Hacienda, and then cancelled the Via Napoli that you would not be charged.

For most of the restaurants on the list, I'm thinking that the fee is charged to no shows that didn't call to cancel. Not sure what they'd do with reservations changes at the signature restaurants that were on the list already.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

As has been mentioned, these restaurants don't require a CC guarantee. However, from everything I've read, you would not be able to switch restaurants that are affected by the new policy without incurring a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
    I think they only care if you don't show up w/o cancelling. I know they say 24 hours' notice, but I think if you cancel, rebook and then actually show up to the new ADR, there shouldn't be a problem. And, if you are charged, I think you could successfully argue that the charges be reversed. They're just trying to prevent no-shows and having to turn away walk-ups. If your ADR is cancelled and they know they can take a walk-up in your place, I think it should be fine.
    From everything I've read, this isn't the case. You must cancel by 10:00 pm two nights before your ADR to prevent being charged a penalty. (For example, if you have a 3:30 pm ADR on 1/31, you need to cancel by 10:00 pm on 1/29. This is when the dining line closes.) You need to cancel a full day ahead of your ADR. I agree this isn't 24 hrs., & is quite confusing. They need to do a better job of explaining exactly what the policy is online. This does appear to be the policy though.

I've read of one couple being charged, even though the man had to be taken to a medical clinic. They were staying at a WDW restaurant, & the call for the ambulance was made by a Disney CM. They knew they weren't making up an excuse to get out of paying the penalty. I'm sure they could fight it by going up the ladder, if they chose. If they were charged under those circumstances, I think they are serious about the cancellation window & will charge guests for not cancelling within the time frame they set.

My guess is they may become less rigid with the policy eventually. If they started out soft, people would take advantage making the policy totally ineffective. Unfortunately, a few will always ruin things for everyone. For now, there doesn't seem to be any leeway in the policy. Personally, I'm fine with that. I think the policy was necessary. If I there's a chance chance we may not make an ADR, I just won't make one. We'll take our chances as a walk-up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
    As has been mentioned, these restaurants don't require a CC guarantee. However, from everything I've read, you would not be able to switch restaurants that are affected by the new policy without incurring a penalty.

From everything I've read, this isn't the case. You must cancel by 10:00 pm two nights before your ADR to prevent being charged a penalty. (For example, if you have a 3:30 pm ADR on 1/31, you need to cancel by 10:00 pm on 1/29. This is when the dining line closes.) You need to cancel a full day ahead of your ADR. I agree this isn't 24 hrs., & is quite confusing. They need to do a better job of explaining exactly what the policy is online. This does appear to be the policy though.

I've read of one couple being charged, even though the man had to be taken to a medical clinic. They were staying at a WDW restaurant, & the call for the ambulance was made by a Disney CM. They knew they weren't making up an excuse to get out of paying the penalty. I'm sure they could fight it by going up the ladder, if they chose. If they were charged under those circumstances, I think they are serious about the cancellation window & will charge guests for not cancelling within the time frame they set.

My guess is they may become less rigid with the policy eventually. If they started out soft, people would take advantage making the policy totally ineffective. Unfortunately, a few will always ruin things for everyone. For now, there doesn't seem to be any leeway in the policy. Personally, I'm fine with that. I think the policy was necessary. If I there's a chance chance we may not make an ADR, I just won't make one. We'll take our chances as a walk-up.
    In december we were talking to some people on the monorail to epcot and they told us that as long as you call Dining and switch your ADR there, you won't get charged a fee for switching. They said what happened was a member got sick and they didn't want to get charged a fee so they called dining and switched to a new ressie 2 days later. When they got back to the resort they simply cancelled the ADR (2 days away) and didn't get hit with a fee.

Now they also said they did actually switch from Ohana to 1900pf the day of and the CM on the phone at dining said since they are switching (or modifying) an ADR they wouldn't be hit with the $10 free.

it all came about because i was complaining how i wanted to book different restaurant because we were in a different park but I didn't want to get hit with the fee because it was for later that day

So just some food for thought
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting, & is the first time I've heard of anyone being able to do that. I guess we'll know for sure, when we start getting more reports from those who have tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I'm loving it too! Got Le Cellier dinner for tomorrow about a week ago. Can't wait!
    I've seen a few posts on LeCellier being available on short notice (or even at all) and possibly attributing it to the new ADR policy.

I'm thinking it might be more likely its because LeCellier is now a 2TS entitlement on the DDP (at least I think that's in effect now). I would think that has more to do with availability. While a good restaurant, it certainly doesn't merit 2TS.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on WHO you deal with. We had friends that decided to "test" the new policy. They not cancel til AFTER the 24 hr period. And switched ADRs. They were charged $20 ($10 per person) on their credit card statement. They called the powers that be to dispute the charges and after talking to a supervisor, it was told to them that the new policy is explained and that by making the credit card hold ADRs you are accepting the policy and therefor the charges were not removed.

Now, they were fine with the charges as they wanted to "test" the new policy and they found that it indeed was being enforced for their instance.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

So is it a bit disconcerting to anyone else that so many people have double-booked reservations in the past that popular choices are now showing availability with the new policy? Double-booking just never would occur to me since it seems so rude to other guests.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    So is it a bit disconcerting to anyone else that so many people have double-booked reservations in the past that popular choices are now showing availability with the new policy? Double-booking just never would occur to me since it seems so rude to other guests.
    Oh, but unfortunately, we live in a selfish society.

Post Thanks / Like

Another satisfied diner! We too we able to get Le Cellier the day before, although I think it going from 1 to 2 credits coupled with the new reservation system is the reason.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: