Quantcast Disney Premier Visa - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    I think it was Capitol One. Please report back when you get the card if it still has "CHARTER CARDHOLDER" printed on your card.
    I think it was Bank of America in the early days, and the card said "Day 1 Member" and then later with the switch to Chase it says "Charter Cardmember".

She said it would be 3-5 days to get the new cards issued. I'll be sure to look and report back.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    When I signed up for the RedCard it gave me two choices, to set it up as a debit card, or as a regular credit card. Once I had my card I simply went on line and had a 2nd card issued in my wife's name (same account #). I'm surprised that Target would vary their policies by region, maybe? Might want to check again to see if there are multiple options on how you want your card (credit vs. debit).

Only thing I don't like about it is that you only get 5% discount on what you charge to your RedCard. If you used a $200 gift card, you wouldn't get the 5% off on that portion of the purchase. I understand why they do it, but I'd prefer that I choose my own credit card and still get the 5%. Won't happen, but that's what I'd like.
    The Target debit card is actually isn't a true debit card. It is a preapproved ACH draft similiar to writing a check in Target/Walmart and having it converted to an electronic check. The card is just a vehicle to store your information.

If you are a debit card/cash user it makes a lot of sense to get the card through Target. It is a win for the customer because you get the 5% off and the ACH transaction generally takes 1 additional day to clear than if you used your own card. Target doesn't have to pay the interchange rate which saves them money.

But if you like to put everything on a credit card and pay it off, this is not the method for you. Since I am in Target daily, it makes a lot of sense for me.

Not sure why they wouldn't let Natalie be an authorized user. I do know they are not allowing applications for the regular Target card and pushing the Target Visa.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    But if you like to put everything on a credit card and pay it off, this is not the method for you. Since I am in Target daily, it makes a lot of sense for me.

Not sure why they wouldn't let Natalie be an authorized user. I do know they are not allowing applications for the regular Target card and pushing the Target Visa.
    This is us. We don't generally have much money (if any) in our checking account. We put everything on our AMEX (EVERYTHING, bills included) and make a huge lump payment at each payday. Any additional money we have gets moved into a savings account. I don't like to have a lot of money in the checking acct, so I don't want another debit card.

When we inquired about the Target card at the store, we were given an application for ONLY the Red Debit Visa. The cashier repeatedly said "it's not a credit card, it's a debit card." I asked if they had one that was a credit card, and she said "not anymore." She also said you could not add any additional users, and each person needed his/her own account, but she may have been wrong about that. I do know that she looked at the application, and there was not a spot to add any other users, so maybe that's why she assumed she couldn't.

In any event, I've cut back on my Target trips lately...it's one of my goals for this year.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    T
    In any event, I've cut back on my Target trips lately...it's one of my goals for this year.
    It should be my goal too! I live less than 10 minutes from a Target and am there way too much!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Keep in mind that the amounts being charged are not based on what you buy but where you buy it. Walmart and Meijer are classified as grocery stores, so everything you spend there would count towards the extra 2%.
    I would suggest checking this before purchasing. I buy a lot of grocery items at Wal-Mart and it is listed on my YE as wholesale/discount stores not grocery. Must be based on how it is filed by individual stores in your area.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I would suggest checking this before purchasing. I buy a lot of grocery items at Wal-Mart and it is listed on my YE as wholesale/discount stores not grocery. Must be based on how it is filed by individual stores in your area.
    I do all my shopping at Wal-mart and if that DOES count for "grocery" then I might want to change to the new card also.

Post Thanks / Like

On my yearly summary Walmart is not considered a grocery store but Target is. Does anyone know as a current Disney Visa card holder are you able to get the promotion of the $100 credit or is it for those who have never held the card before?
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dyanna View Post
    Does anyone know as a current Disney Visa card holder are you able to get the promotion of the $100 credit or is it for those who have never held the card before?
    The offer said for NEW cardmembers only.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    Do you have to call to do it?
    I did it online. I logged into my Chase account and followed a link from there. There's also a link in the mailer we received.

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    I think it was Capitol One. Please report back when you get the card if it still has "CHARTER CARDHOLDER" printed on your card.
    Our current cards say "Day 1." All the pictures in the mailer we received show "Cardmember Since Day 1," so I'm thinking this will not change.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

okay so dumb question... I found the place to upgrade online.... If i do this will i lose access to my Current Disney Visa while the other one is in the mail???

I am liking how we can use the disney dollars earned to apply them money off airline tickets
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

okay so dumb question... I found the place to upgrade online.... If i do this will i lose access to my Current Disney Visa while the other one is in the mail???

I am liking how we can use the disney dollars earned to apply them money off airline tickets

I'm still using and have used my "old" Disney Visa while waiting for the new one. I have not noticed any interruption in my ability to use it or to check my account on line. The a/c # is to remain the same, just a new expiration date. My guess once the new card arrives we will have to activate it, which should effectively shut down the old one, hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

My DW didn't like the idea of paying an annual fee but we crunched the numbers and we spend enough each year in groceries, gas and restaurants to make it worth it. However if they decide to up the annual fee every year or every two years then I'm back to the original Disney VISA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AirlineGuy07 View Post
    My DW didn't like the idea of paying an annual fee but we crunched the numbers and we spend enough each year in groceries, gas and restaurants to make it worth it. However if they decide to up the annual fee every year or every two years then I'm back to the original Disney VISA.
    its disney infused, my guess would be semi annually prices will raise

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the flyer in the mail! I heard about it first here! I originally though I would not do it because of the annual fee. However, with the promo for 5% the first 3 months it might be worth it for the first year at least.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I checked my year end statments over the last two years and it doesnt list Walmart under grocery

Post Thanks / Like

I checked my year end statments over the last two years and it doesnt list Walmart under grocery
    Walmart is not listed under my statements as grocery as well but Target is. So I guess I will be doing more shopping at Target just for the extra points. Just wish the $100 credit promotion was avail to all even the ones who are transferring to the Premier card, not just new applicants.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone I just got off the phone with Chase and asked them about Wal-mart. I was told because some Wal-marts list themselves as grocery and some do not and the same with Target that they will be counting ALL Wal-mart and Target as grocery. Except the automotive department. I was also told if they raised the fee they would send a letter to opt out and go back to the original card. So I'm thinking this sounds like a good deal. Am I missing something?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
    Hey everyone I just got off the phone with Chase and asked them about Wal-mart. I was told because some Wal-marts list themselves as grocery and some do not and the same with Target that they will be counting ALL Wal-mart and Target as grocery. Except the automotive department. I was also told if they raised the fee they would send a letter to opt out and go back to the original card. So I'm thinking this sounds like a good deal. Am I missing something?

Like a lot of Disney discounts (ie the free DDP) it's never a slam dunk if its worthwhile or a really good deal. Most of us can do the calculations and for my family, we'll probably come out ahead $100-150 in the first year even with the $49 annual fee, so its worth trying for a year.

To confirm what you said about Target/Walmart. I upgraded my card earlier this week (still haven't received it yet) but I check my on-line statement daily. I noticed that my latest statement just became available. Here is what I noted:

-If you upgrade your card midmonth, they will convert points up to that point, then start at the new level, even if you haven't gotten the card yet (like in my case)

-Based on what I can tell, I had 4 charges at the end of my statement that qualified at the new 2% rate, including Target. What it appears is that even though we had little or no groceries on the charge, it all went in at 2% so that's really a good deal. Unfortunately we didn't charge any dinner or gas during that period.

-5% bonus. Not sure how this will work. My statement clearly itemized the months rewards earned at 2% and those earned at 1% but I did not see any additional 3%. Maybe it starts at the beginning of a full billing period/cycle and continues for 3 months. I'll have to wait another month to see how the next statement breaks it out.

Unfortunately its going to be hard to reconcile what you earned. My statement simply said 2% =.... and 1% = .... but didn't give any calculation as to how they got to it, although I could back into it as I only had 4 charges. But a typical month with 30-50 charges, not so easy.

Maybe they'll put some kind of code next to the charge or better yet, list the 2% charges in one section and the 1% in another. Again, will need to wait and see.

But so far so good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Like a lot of Disney discounts (ie the free DDP) it's never a slam dunk if its worthwhile or a really good deal. Most of us can do the calculations and for my family, we'll probably come out ahead $100-150 in the first year even with the $49 annual fee, so its worth trying for a year.

To confirm what you said about Target/Walmart. I upgraded my card earlier this week (still haven't received it yet) but I check my on-line statement daily. I noticed that my latest statement just became available. Here is what I noted:

-If you upgrade your card midmonth, they will convert points up to that point, then start at the new level, even if you haven't gotten the card yet (like in my case)

-Based on what I can tell, I had 4 charges at the end of my statement that qualified at the new 2% rate, including Target. What it appears is that even though we had little or no groceries on the charge, it all went in at 2% so that's really a good deal. Unfortunately we didn't charge any dinner or gas during that period.

-5% bonus. Not sure how this will work. My statement clearly itemized the months rewards earned at 2% and those earned at 1% but I did not see any additional 3%. Maybe it starts at the beginning of a full billing period/cycle and continues for 3 months. I'll have to wait another month to see how the next statement breaks it out.

Unfortunately its going to be hard to reconcile what you earned. My statement simply said 2% =.... and 1% = .... but didn't give any calculation as to how they got to it, although I could back into it as I only had 4 charges. But a typical month with 30-50 charges, not so easy.

Maybe they'll put some kind of code next to the charge or better yet, list the 2% charges in one section and the 1% in another. Again, will need to wait and see.

But so far so good.
    Thank you for the info! I forgot to ask them while I was on the phone when they charge the $49 I have around 280 points right now and i'm going to transfer all my points in May and use them for my room payment when I check in in June. I would hate to lose $49 right off the bat.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Chase Visa and MC, both with no fees. My MC is giving me 5% for certain months on certain purchases. So while I usually charge gas, (unless my MC is not offering me the 5% on it) at other times I pay cash as there are some gas stations in our area that will give it to you cheaper if you pay by cash.

As far as groceries, I never charge them.

And dining, only if I have to. But usually if I do, then I prefer not to go out. We just went out Friday and it was paid with cash, so that was not a problem. So, though I have been offered the Premier Visa, I will pass on it.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: