Quantcast Princess themed dining

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Princess themed dining

Hello All,

We have always gone to Disney with our two boys, but now God has blessed us with a little princess. We will be taking her to Disney in September of this year. My question is, Is there a character dinner with just princesses? If so, where?

Thanks
    Disneyfamilyforever

April 2005 POP Century(But went to Universal Studios)

May 2006 POP Century

February 24-28 2013 Art of Animation

Next trip February 1-7 2015 Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Akershus at Epcot, 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian and Cinderellas Castle at Magic Kingdom

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Akershus is the more reasonable...same Princess, good food...CRT is wonderful, but twice as much cost...unless you do the breakfast. You get a picture at either of these places with a princess included in the cost. We did the breakfast at 1900 Park fare...no princess, good food, no free picture. Don't know about lunch/dinner there.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    We did the breakfast at 1900 Park fare...no princess, good food, no free picture. Don't know about lunch/dinner there.
    We just got back from Disney yesterday. We did the dinner at Park Fare on January 25th. Cinderella, Prince Charming and Cinderella's stepfamily (Lady Tremaine, Drizella & Anastasia) were there. We had a blast. The stepsisters and stepmother are hilarious! We loved every minute of it. They do take a picture before seating you, and you can buy it for $29.95. We loved the picture, but we already had a good group shot that we'd purchased at 'Ohana earlier in the week.

As for princess meals, Akershus is my favorite. It is cheaper and a bit more relaxed than Cinderella's Royal Table. I like the food better at Akershus (a cold buffet is included with your dinner entree; I'm not sure about breakfast). When we went 2 years ago we had a family picture taken with Belle (it was included in the cost) and the princesses we met at the table were Snow White, Ariel, Aurora and Cinderella. My younger daughter still talks about that meal!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Akershus for the win.... don't waste your money and tastebuds on eating at the castle.... Akershus has better food and personally better character interaction.

Granted Belle (in her yellow dress) is only around for a picture at first then you don't see her. Like wise at the castle, Cinderella is only there at the beginning for a photo and never seen again.

If you go to akershus and your daughters are dying to meet belle, simply walk over to france and meet her there out front
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Still 2 weeks before we can make out ADRs but -

We are planning Akershus for breakfast with Princesses (the only meal that is NOT Norwegian food!) The pictures look nice and I am excited (more so than my daughters!) We are also hitting Crystal Palace, and 1900 Park Fare for breakfasts with Characters and according to every site I have found - those are non-princess meals. Could be wrong, but we chose them in hopes of getting a character variety throughout our trip...

We have 5 TS meals planned and 4/5 are character meals! My littlest daughter (4) was pretty bummed when we explained that a character meal did NOT mean that the characters sat at your table and ate with you....
    Colleen McD
    The Disney Dream Begins August 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMcD View Post

We are planning Akershus for breakfast with Princesses (the only meal that is NOT Norwegian food!) The pictures look nice and I am excited (more so than my daughters!) We are also hitting Crystal Palace, and 1900 Park Fare for breakfasts with Characters and according to every site I have found - those are non-princess meals. Could be wrong, but we chose them in hopes of getting a character variety throughout our trip...

We have 5 TS meals planned and 4/5 are character meals! My littlest daughter (4) was pretty bummed when we explained that a character meal did NOT mean that the characters sat at your table and ate with you....
    You definitely will not be disappointed!

You are correct, 1900 Park Fare is Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Fairy Godmothers, Mary poppins, no princesses.

Crystal Palace is Winnie the Pooh characters and highly enjoyable

So cute your daughter thought they sat with you!! Awwww!!!

To OP. Another vote for Akershus for the best Princess themed dinning for your money. Reasonable price, good food and great character interaction.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Well . . . not quite. There is some Norwegian food on the breakfast buffet.

We like Akershus better for breakfast, especially a later breakfast, over supper. We don't mind the supper food, it's just that supper seems more hectic.

We like 1900 Park Fare better for supper rather than breakfast. Unless we had someone with us who had to see Mary Poppins. Otherwise, for just plain fun, the Tremaines can't be beat. 1900 Park Fare has always seemed loud and hectic but we don't mind as long as the Tremaines remain a hoot.

For character variety, there is also Lilo and Stitch at Ohanas at the Poly for breakfast, and Daisy, along with Donald, Mickey and Goofy, at Tusker House in AK, for breakfast. Hollywood and Vine at DHS has some different characters too with June, Leo, Handy Manny and Special Agent Oso.

Crystal Palace is our favorite breakfast place.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVED the Akershus breakfast. The princesses are awesome, the food is just like all the rest of the breakfast fare, and if you get the first seating of the day, you can finish breakfast before Epcot opens!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

We are planning Akershus for breakfast with Princesses (the only meal that is NOT Norwegian food!)
    From what I remember, dinner entrees are pretty normal food. The Norwegian food is all on the cold bar. I remember having some delicious chicken, and there was a beef entree. It was Americanized enough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    You are correct, 1900 Park Fare is Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Fairy Godmothers, Mary poppins, no princesses.
    I know the OP said breakfast, but I want to clarify that dinner at the Park Fare is Cinderella, Prince Charming, the stepsisters (Anastasia & Drizella) and stepmother (Lady Tremaine)

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    We like 1900 Park Fare better for supper rather than breakfast. Unless we had someone with us who had to see Mary Poppins. Otherwise, for just plain fun, the Tremaines can't be beat. 1900 Park Fare has always seemed loud and hectic but we don't mind as long as the Tremaines remain a hoot.
    The Park Fare for dinner is probably my new favorite. We ate there on Jan 25th and had a blast. I LOVE the entertainment the Tremaines provided! The stepmother grabbed my son for the waltz and it was hilarious!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
    I know the OP said breakfast, but I want to clarify that dinner at the Park Fare is Cinderella, Prince Charming, the stepsisters (Anastasia & Drizella) and stepmother (Lady Tremaine)

The Park Fare for dinner is probably my new favorite. We ate there on Jan 25th and had a blast. I LOVE the entertainment the Tremaines provided! The stepmother grabbed my son for the waltz and it was hilarious!
    That sounds delightful!! Thanks for the info, I will have to put that on our "to try" list. We have only been for the breakfast!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    That sounds delightful!! Thanks for the info, I will have to put that on our "to try" list. We have only been for the breakfast!
    You must! I had not been there for dinner in a very long time. We just happened to be at the GF, so we asked about dinner seating and were able to get right in. It was the most entertaining dinner, and the food was better than the average Disney buffet. We'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream