Quantcast Survivor: One World - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What a bunch of dimwits these women are!
    If Gloria Steinem is watching she rightfully must be having a cow. We as women are so much better than this.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    We have officially found the dumbest Survivor ever, I think. And they didn't vote her off. Mind-boggling. It was weird to have that DIY challenge without Jeff, but at least we got a reward challenge.

During the first half of the show I was thinking that title was going to Colton. His entire tribe seemed to be on board with setting up a really good camp, and he sits on the swing doing nothing and then when he does do something, it's to go over to the girls camp and bug them. Why not walk around the beach with a sign on your back that says "vote me out next?" Pretty much the entire episode he was like your little brother/sister that keeps tagging along with you and your friends and you can't get rid of them. Even the girls wanted him out. I think he's like Cochran all over. Probably has the intelligence to figure this game out, but has zero social skills to navigate thru the game. The fact that he was given HII will be the only reason he goes far (potentially). I hope that down the road we don't get him playing the "they don't like me because I'm gay" card. He's done nothing but alienate his tribe and they appear to be going out of their way to try make him fit in.

I liked that they brought a reward challenge back, but didn't like that Jeff wasn't there to administer it. You really had no idea what was going on during the challenge and other then the music it was hard to know that a team was close to completing it.

Immunity challenge was pretty good. I actually thought the women would have dominated it, as women generally have a better sense of balance.

I wonder if they could have simply had one woman, say Kat, walk down the beam and simply push each woman off one at a time, never touching two at the same time, and then walking to the end station platform. Granted that would require the other women to get in the water and reform, but I wonder if that would have been a quicker solution. It appeared by what Jeff said that if someone fell in, other than the control person, that the game still continued, even though Kat jumped in anyway.

Next week looks brutal for the women if they have no shelter and the rains kick in. I think back to Russell's first season and how bad the weather was, this could wipe the women out.

If they lose a 3rd straight immunity, I would guess a mini merge would come about or it would be about time that some of the men would start thinking "we can't be beat, so its time to throw a challenge and get xxxx person out", which usually results in disaster.

Post Thanks / Like

The women's tribe is imploding and I don't think it will be long before the tribes are shaken up so it's not women v. men anymore. I was floored that they didn't get rid of Kat after her mind boggling performance in the immunity challenge. Why on earth did she keep jumping in the water? Surely she's not that dumb?!? And with so many of the women saying at tribal council that they would change up their alliances if they could do it over, then why didn't they? It's still early in the game, no one is going to the jury yet, make a move!

It will be interesting to see what happens with Colton and the idol, whether it gets him very far or not. I'm thinking that as soon as he has to play the idol to save himself, and he is left idol-less, he will be the next to go whether the tribes stay the same or are switched up.

I'm loving that there is no RI this time and that we get to see more of the people who are actually in the game!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kat

You know as much as Kat stunk at that challenge I can sort of see how she was getting confused, jumping in the water etc. I think at some point you just start to panic, you know you are losing, you keep screwing up and she's young and just flipped out a little. Was sorry to see the older lady go before we really got a chance to know her...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    You know as much as Kat stunk at that challenge I can sort of see how she was getting confused, jumping in the water etc. I think at some point you just start to panic, you know you are losing, you keep screwing up and she's young and just flipped out a little. Was sorry to see the older lady go before we really got a chance to know her...
    Keeping the older women would be a smarter end game, I think. Once they merge, the younger women are going to be much more easily tempted into alliances with some of the men. The older women are going to be more centered on women sticking together. Though I could be wrong. This bunch isn't really predictable.

Yet another season of unlikeable people and having a hard time finding someone to root for. I know good people are maybe boring, but I always like to have a few. Is it much to ask that the casting people don't always just go for the nutjobs and high drama cases?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    What is with the makeup on these chicks?
    I was thinking the same thing. Last season I would follow Jeff Probst on Twitter answering questions while the show was on. He insist they don't give the woman makeup. There is no way he could say that this season. Their skin looks way too flawless for it to be natural.

Another week that I'm disappointed in the woman's tribe. I don't see why they kept Kat, except for their alliance. However it is early enough in the game to flip alliance's around.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Last season I would follow Jeff Probst on Twitter answering questions while the show was on. He insist they don't give the woman makeup. There is no way he could say that this season. Their skin looks way too flawless for it to be natural.

Another week that I'm disappointed in the woman's tribe. I don't see why they kept Kat, except for their alliance. However it is early enough in the game to flip alliance's around.
    I wasn't noticing flawless skin as much as terrible eyeliner jobs. In the past, I would have chalked it up to permanent eyeliner, the tattooing it on or whatever they do. But this time, no. Kat's eyeliner was way too smudged and badly done. But definitely make up, that couldn't last for over four days.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but these women this season are really starting to irritate me. I was glad that they won the two challenges, maybe that will boost their confidence and give them some momentum. But the way they act at camp is just flat out annoying. I understand that it's probably easier for the men, but come on! They knew, or should have known, what they were getting into. You're on Survivor. That requires building a shelter, building a fire, sometimes being cold and wet. It doesn't matter what tribe you're on, whether there's men on your tribe or not. These are things you're going to have to deal with, and if you're not able to take care of them, don't go on Survivor!! Constantly running to the men's tribe to get fire, to get warm, to get dry is just ridiculous, at least to me. Figure it out and take care of yourselves, for crying out loud! Enough with the "Poor little ol' me, I'm just a woman and I need some fire" thing. And quite honestly, I agreed with the men when they said they should get something in return for giving the women fire and letting them come into their shelter. The fact that the women just expected to be handed those things when they're on opposing tribes is ridiculous.

Now, with all that said, I am SO glad that Matt was sent packing last night! What a condescending jerk! Or should I say rooster? I wasn't sorry to see him go in the slightest.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I'm sorry, but these women this season are really starting to irritate me. I was glad that they won the two challenges, maybe that will boost their confidence and give them some momentum. But the way they act at camp is just flat out annoying. I understand that it's probably easier for the men, but come on! They knew, or should have known, what they were getting into. You're on Survivor. That requires building a shelter, building a fire, sometimes being cold and wet. It doesn't matter what tribe you're on, whether there's men on your tribe or not. These are things you're going to have to deal with, and if you're not able to take care of them, don't go on Survivor!! Constantly running to the men's tribe to get fire, to get warm, to get dry is just ridiculous, at least to me. Figure it out and take care of yourselves, for crying out loud! Enough with the "Poor little ol' me, I'm just a woman and I need some fire" thing. And quite honestly, I agreed with the men when they said they should get something in return for giving the women fire and letting them come into their shelter. The fact that the women just expected to be handed those things when they're on opposing tribes is ridiculous.

Now, with all that said, I am SO glad that Matt was sent packing last night! What a condescending jerk! Or should I say rooster? I wasn't sorry to see him go in the slightest.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, too. I think the men are about to implode next. I'm not sure who I do like at this point, if any of them. It's taking me a while to warm up to anyone this season. I do know there are a few I can't stand (Colton, Alicia, Kat). Good riddance to Matt.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

My quick comment, all I have time for, is that after 3 tribals, the "One World" concept has been totally boring. Maybe its the women vs men that is ruining it, but whatever, the One World is a yawner so far. If they do a tribal switch, then it could get interesting, but so far watching them live on the same beach has been more of an annoyance than any significant part of the game.

Didn't mind seeing Matt go, he's pretty much interchangeable with Mike or Jaybird and you could just tell by his edit he wasn't long for One World.

Post Thanks / Like

Gone!!!
    You've got to hand it to the men, they zeroed in on who was the biggest problem and got rid of him.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have to say I think these women are setting the feminist movement back about thirty years.

It's kinda funny, too, how entitled they seem. The fact that they got up in arms when the men wanted to borrow their boat immediately after they had just gotten an ember from them, sat around their fire to warm up, and used their shelter to get out of the rain was sort of sad. Like they couldn't connect the fact that the men had just done them a favor and might expect something in return. If I was on the men's tribe, they'd be out of luck from now on!

I was fine with them voting out whats-his-name. He was annoying anyway. Rooster ... what an idiot. The rooster got plucked.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Ian, but this group of men are not exactly prime specimens either. Looking forward to an early merge to shake things up a bit.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I agree, Ian, but this group of men are not exactly prime specimens either.
    Come on now ... they're roosters!!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Come on now ... they're roosters!!!
    Sorry. I should have said they are nothing to crow about.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I'm at a loss for words.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Just...wow! Is it possible that in the history of Survivor this is the biggest group of morons to be cast on the show??
    Laura

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Wow! Just...wow! Is it possible that in the history of Survivor this is the biggest group of morons to be cast on the show??
    This isn't Survivor One World, it's Survivor Jerry Springer.

Its getting annoying that they cast people completely for personality clashes and not for how they might play the game. Pretty much any tribe or individual that has thrown a challenge or given away immunity has regretted it, either immediately or shortly after. For the guys to give up immunity, and for it to be unanimous, completely moronic.

Colton, whether it is an act or his real personality, is quite quickly becoming one of the most despised people to ever play the game. What is he, a life coach? Why does what Bill do for a living have any impact on the game? Colton: "I have African Americans in my life" Jeff: "who" Colton: "our maid". Add to that his comments about Leif being a Munchkin and Oompa Loompa and his blatantly telling people I don't like you and am not talking to you and you are gone next. I mean at one point it was like he was talking to Leif like he was a dog. "You were bad Leif!" I know he's got the idol, but once again you get morons like Tarzan and Jonas that seem totally clueless. The only thing that scares me is that when I think its impossible that Colton could win this game due to his lack of any social skills, Tarzan steps up and says that he's being painted in a bad light. At least Jeff wasn't giving anyone free passes last night, including Alicia after her terrible immunity challenge performance.

I had predicted once the numbers got back to even (14) that there would be a tribal switch, and that looks like what is coming next week. Hopefully that does happen and it will turn this back into Survivor again, where actual strategy matters, and not a Jerry Springer show where you vote of people simply because you don't like them or what they do for a living.

Another rant, how pathetic were the men at the reward challenge. It didn't look like they were trying to get a pattern, just scatter shot. Then Tarzan, "it was luck", I'm sure it wouldn't have been luck had they won. This guy just can't keep his mouth shut.

Last night definitely had a record number of "what the....?" moments, but this season's cast is shaping up to be one of the least likable ever. I still don't really know the names on the women's tribe and I'd have a hard time right now pointing to any one or two individuals that I'm rooting for (against yes, for no).

Hopefully it gets better next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    This isn't Survivor One World, it's Survivor Jerry Springer.

Hopefully it gets better next week.
    I agree with every single point in your post, so I didn't have to quote the whole thing. Just...wow. Can we disqualify the whole bunch and start over? I'm thinking of every person who has applied and really wants to be there having to sit through this season at home.

Men couldn't wait three days to even throw a challenge to get to TC? I disagree with throwing challenges, but this was so much worse. Colton is a nasty piece of work. How could Tarzan even try to defend that? How could all of the men not have used their individual brains after that tirade and just written Colton's name down? Not even one of them! Unbelievable. Colton is not even worth bringing to the end if it means an easy win. Just not worth it. He's sabotaging them all.
    Sherri

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: