Quantcast Survivor: One World - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Yes! I like the sound of this season so far. They're back to reward challenges. They're adding do-it-yourself challenges (interesting) and shaking up the hidden immunity idol by making the person who finds it have to give it to someone on the other team. And it will start out as men against women (done that, but could be different with them all on one beach). Really looking forward to it.

This isn't quite correct. Watching the TV Guide preview show, here is what Jeff said about hidden immunity:

1. No clues to the location - they have to find it on their own (which they've been doing anyway)
    2. One idol will be assigned to the men and one to the women.
    3. If a Survivor finds the other tribes HII, then they have to surrender it to a person on that tribe, a person of their choice. If they find their own idol, then they get to keep it.

And then as you said, plus:
    -No Redemption Island (Jeff said they wanted to give it a break - translated: bad idea to begin with)
    -Tribes live on same beach
    -Tribes sorted by men and women
    -They are back in Somoa again
    -To start the game each tribe has 60 seconds to take whatever supplies they can off the truck that they arrive in (they've done this before).
    -Survivor will have its first small person (men's)

All in all it appears to be a extremely stereotypical cast. What will make or break this season will most likely be how the "one world" concept plays out. As Jeff says, you could have two existing alliances in two tribes going at the same time.

We'll see.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Anyone watch? What did you guys think?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the concept, having them all on one beach. It's fresh and new *even though they did it in Thailand it was only briefly as a fake merge.

I hate the Men vs Women teams. Why do women always have to be viperous toward one another on TV? I swear it's the casting. They cast women who are like this and it's bad for all women, makes us look bad. I come from a women's college and have worked in female-dominated fields, and yes, there are a few women like that- very few. Most of us work together, think creatively, are reasonable, and believe in sisterhood. I hate that they always give in to the catty stereotype on these shows. I want to see the sisterhood prevail! If they get rid of Alicia, maybe there's a chance.

So overall, not many people made an impression on me and even fewer made a good impression. It's too soon to tell, but I think I will like Sabrina, Christina, and Leif. I can't stand Alicia, Matt (is he the blond lawyer, so full of himself!) and Colton is going to be trouble. I think Colton also represents an unflattering stereotype, but if that's who he is, so be it. Michael, not sure if he's likable and smart to be playing the game, or lowdown dirty and detestable. And the Tarzan-Troyzan duo? Hilarious!

Also, bummer that they started out with a medevac, but at least it happened before we got to know anyone to care much about who stayed or went.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

As far as first episodes go, I thought that was probably the lamest first challenge to appear on Survivor. Generally the first one involves a more physical group type challenge, one that might expose weaker/older players. This one,
    Totally boring.

I'm going to go out on an early limb and say that a woman will win this season. I think the men will dominate for a couple weeks then after say 4 tribals they will remerge the teams. I think the "One World" concept promotes logically the idea of a mini-merge as old alliances could still remain somewhat in play as they share the same beach and could remain in contact and keep strategies alive.

I think after a mini-merge you will start seeing some of the less "loud" women worm their way into some male alliances which eventually wreak some havoc. Too many alpha males and I think there will be a cockiness/overconfidence factor that will allow the women to find the weak spots.

Of course I could and most likely am totally wrong.

One thing is guaranteed, Coltan, for as long as he's in the game will be shoved down our throats. The guy seems a bit clueless. Your on a tribe of all men, yet you openly spend your time with the women's tribe. Pretty much sends up any and every warning flag to your tribe and are basically asking to be voted out.

I thought the guys were actually pretty smart not to initially offer fire or to continue the challenge once Jeff made that offer available. Apparently there are no boundaries in camp, so will be interesting to see how much "stealing" goes on, or food/shleter sharing etc.

I'd give the opening dynamics about a B+ but the opening challenge and tribal a C-/D

Hopefully the woman (Nina?) who looked like her face went about 3 rounds with Mike Tyson will get better. I guess that's why you don't face plant yourself from 2 stories up into a net.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I thought the guys were actually pretty smart not to initially offer fire or to continue the challenge once Jeff made that offer available. Apparently there are no boundaries in camp, so will be interesting to see how much "stealing" goes on, or food/shleter sharing etc.
    I don't know. I think it would be a smarter move to realize that they are all basically camping together, so why not survive out there together. It would ease some new alliances into play earlier, as you mention with merge possibilities. They have to play challenges and vote as separate teams, but it seems like it would be so much wiser to pool resources instead of being petty. That way, they would learn more about the potential strengths and weaknesses of the opposing tribe and be able to play on it when necessary. It both hurts and benefits them equally, so why not. But hey, that's just what I would do. It's not like the women weren't going to get fire soon enough anyway. I didn't see the point of them bargaining for it.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. I think it would be a smarter move to realize that they are all basically camping together, so why not survive out there together. It would ease some new alliances into play earlier, as you mention with merge possibilities. They have to play challenges and vote as separate teams, but it seems like it would be so much wiser to pool resources instead of being petty. That way, they would learn more about the potential strengths and weaknesses of the opposing tribe and be able to play on it when necessary. It both hurts and benefits them equally, so why not. But hey, that's just what I would do. It's not like the women weren't going to get fire soon enough anyway. I didn't see the point of them bargaining for it.

I don't think it was so much trying to be petty, as it was a subtle means by which the alpha alliance could control their tribe a bit more. By denying the women it hurt the women's tribe and at the same time kept the men's tribe closer (sort of the Boston Rob mentality) by bonding against the women and appearing to be solid (sort of like Coach's tribe last season).

I don't think that 35 days down the road someone is going to say "you didn't give us fire on day 1, so I'm not going to give you the million". I think one of the women even said in confessional "I see where they are coming from".

I don't think the men will be able to hold it together in the long run. The two Tarzans will start bickering, Colton will bolt and eventually the women will find a weak spot.

Yeah, the women were either going to get fire by winning the challenge or by going to tribal, at that point they should have said forget about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that 35 days down the road someone is going to say "you didn't give us fire on day 1, so I'm not going to give you the million". I think one of the women even said in confessional "I see where they are coming from".
    Yes, I understand your point. My point is that they are all on the same beach, same area, supplies are going to be stolen, stolen back, whatever. It all seems pointless and ridiculous when they could gain more from treating it like one big camp. There's something to be said for the strategy of denying opponents food, fire, and supplies. But considering the One World situation, I think that strategy is short-sighted and there's more to be gained from opening up and sharing. The other team is going to get things they can share, too. It's not really giving up much of an advantage to win some goodwill from the other team as numbers dwindle. I doubt it will come back to haunt anyone to keep their stuff and make the other side bargain, but could it actually score some points down the road to be generous now? Absolutely. Now... giving up the easy win, I think that would have been a mistake.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Jeff Probst almost looked scared when he tried to get a straight answer out of the woman at tribal council and couldn't. All they wanted to do was point fingers and yell at each other.

I think the other guys on the men's tribe should start breaking up the "frat boy" alliance once they get around to voting people off. It may not be smart since they are the stronger men but they are just so smug that I want to see them go!! They are nice to look at, but because of their cockiness I wouldn't mind if they get picked off one by one.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking they woukd go on the the challenge, lose purposely and vote of colton.

I know purposely losing a challenge didnt work out so good the last time it was tried (with Russel Hantz) but Colton is not going to do the men any favors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    I think the other guys on the men's tribe should start breaking up the "frat boy" alliance once they get around to voting people off. It may not be smart since they are the stronger men but they are just so smug that I want to see them go!! They are nice to look at, but because of their cockiness I wouldn't mind if they get picked off one by one.
    I'm not sure strength is going to matter as much playing men against women. The challenges will probably be built around things like agility, reasoning skills, and endurance more than strength. The men could end up being surprised, and the strong ones could end up getting the boot much earlier than expected. But too soon to tell.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Why do women always have to be viperous toward one another on TV? I swear it's the casting.
    I don't know that it's the casting as much as it just is selection bias. I think the types of people who want to compete on these shows tend to be the Alphas and Alphas are catty and competitive and just all around aggressive.

For the most part, the women who want to go on this show are a lot like the men. Cocky, arrogant, and very sure of themselves. I think you kinda have to be to be willing to take on a challenge like Survivor.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I don't know that it's the casting as much as it just is selection bias. I think the types of people who want to compete on these shows tend to be the Alphas and Alphas are catty and competitive and just all around aggressive.

For the most part, the women who want to go on this show are a lot like the men. Cocky, arrogant, and very sure of themselves. I think you kinda have to be to be willing to take on a challenge like Survivor.
    Well, yeah, some of the men are not prime examples either, I suppose. Alphas are competitive and aggressive, but not necessarily catty and backstabbing. But troublemakers are, and there are always plenty of those on Survivor, so you have a point. Agreed. But I still don't like it.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh

Colton was on my very last nerve within 5 mins of the show starting. If he's around for too long I honestly just may not be able to watch.

I felt bad for the chick with the broken wrist (too lazy to look up her name) but I liked her and it was too bad she was first out. Probst said land on your back darn it!

I especially liked how the men stole the girl's stuff from the truck and I like the men in general. I would be helpless in the women's tribe as a general rule. I just don't get along well with other women
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    I was thinking they woukd go on the the challenge, lose purposely and vote of colton.

I know purposely losing a challenge didnt work out so good the last time it was tried (with Russel Hantz) but Colton is not going to do the men any favors.
    Not that they would/could have known it, but that plan would have backfired as Colton would have gone to tribal with hidden immunity in his back pocket. Colton's only chance in this game is for an early tribal shuffle, which I think will probably happen, or if the men completely run the table up to the merge (A Pagonging).

Post Thanks / Like

Not that they would/could have known it, but that plan would have backfired as Colton would have gone to tribal with hidden immunity in his back pocket. Colton's only chance in this game is for an early tribal shuffle, which I think will probably happen, or if the men completely run the table up to the merge (A Pagonging).
    I'm not so sure he'll go easily. He strikes me as conniving. He could easily convince some of the guys that he would make a strategic alliance choice, especially with that Idol. It could come back to burn the women. Wouldn't some of those strong guys rather knock off some of their stronger competition? Plus it strikes me that the Tarzan-Troyzan duo could get old fast. So, I hate to say it and I could be wrong, but I wouldn't count Colton out too soon.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so sure he'll go easily. He strikes me as conniving. He could easily convince some of the guys that he would make a strategic alliance choice, especially with that Idol. It could come back to burn the women. Wouldn't some of those strong guys rather knock off some of their stronger competition? Plus it strikes me that the Tarzan-Troyzan duo could get old fast. So, I hate to say it and I could be wrong, but I wouldn't count Colton out too soon.

The problem that he might have with the guys is that if it becomes known that he was given an idol (maybe he can say he found it and they wouldn't know the difference?? That would be interesting) the first question would be "why did they give it to you?" and would question where his allegiances lie. I can certainly see "Cochran the sequel" happening again. I think he will be on everyones radar though right from the get go, its just a question if "is there one more person other than Colton that should go" and he keeps hanging on for one more tribal.

Unfortunately because we are seeing so much of him so early, I think he may be around for some time. I can see him being like Cochran in another regard, making a big move without really considering the long term repurcussions or his chances of actually winning the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Methinks the idol won't remain secret for long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post

If my memory is correct, this move has always backfired on whatever tribe has attempted it. Maybe others remember too?

IMO it is one of the least strategic moves a tribe can make. I say keep what tribe members you have until you get to the point where you have no choice and then vote out the person that no one likes.

Post Thanks / Like

What is with the makeup on these chicks? It's day 5 and Kat has eyeliner on (although it's looking ROUGH) and Monica obviously has some lip gloss or something. Huh?

Kat is annoying and should have been the one to go. I hope this comes back to bite the girls. The two in that alliance seem to have the right idea (have no idea what their names are), but again they are influenced by the others. I guess we never know exactly what they are thinking out there. Even Sabrina and one of those others said they'd rethink their initial alliances if given the chance.

And do any of you know any Sabrina's that go by the nickname Sab? Ugh. Not sure why, but that totally irked me. I know, I'm in a mood tonight.

I do really like getting back to bare bones Survivor (with the exception of the immunity idol). No Redemption means more time shown at camp, and I love that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    What is with the makeup on these chicks? It's day 5 and Kat has eyeliner on (although it's looking ROUGH) and Monica obviously has some lip gloss or something. Huh?
    Another complete embarrassment for women. Melanie, I said the same thing to my husband about the makeup. Luxury items? No idea.

We have officially found the dumbest Survivor ever, I think. And they didn't vote her off. Mind-boggling. It was weird to have that DIY challenge without Jeff, but at least we got a reward challenge.
    Sherri

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: