Quantcast Passing thru Orlando soon. Can you just ride the monorail? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I stopped in Orlando on the way to visit my parents on the Gulf Coast just before Christmas last year. We didn't have a ton of time, but we did have a few hours.

We drove to Fort Wilderness, parked in the lot and took the bus to the settlement . Ate dinner at Trails End (which was delicious...one of our favorites). After dinner, we strolled down to the dock and took the boat over to MK. We then hopped on the monorail to the resorts (Cont, Poly and GF) to look at the Gingerbread houses they had on display. They were amazing.

Even though we didn't have alot of time and we were both dog tired from driving straight through from PA, it was one of the best hilights of our trip.
    "Behold, the Great Millenium Walk..." TTFN - Mike

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One final bump for this thread.
    SO.....

I called my buddy when I was en route to Polynesian from the race track I was staying at in Volusia County. He said to call when I was at the resort. I called him from the lobby of the Polynesian and I ask if he wants to eat there or at Contemporary he says to me
    "get on the monorail and meet me at the Magic Kingdon entrance, I bought you a ticket to get in"
    Wow what a pleasant surprise. I was thrilled just to be hanging out at the Poly with my buddy for an hour but instead I spent 8 hours with them inside MK!!!

They have 2 pre-teens so they got pretty tired and were heading for their room at 7:30. I went back to my pick up at the Poly and caught my breath for an hour and had some snacks and a few drinks then headed back to MK for a few hours of flying solo. I stayed til 12:30.

I figured it was time to go when I dozed off while standing in line at Space Mountain

All in all it was a pretty good day to be there. It rained but it wasnt a soaker. Crowds were larger than Im accustomed to but were tolerable. I was able to hit Haunted Mansion twice and Space Mtn twice. I cant even list everything we rode but I know the longest I stood in line was 45 minutes for Space Mtn right before I left. So I can say we hit a ton of rides

I have been to WDW quite a few times now but this was the first time that I didnt know I was going until 15 minutes before I entered!
    We are Siamese if you please

Contemporary Hotel Nov 1971
    Fort Wilderness 1974 & 75 (Ithink)
    Senior Trip 1983 off site
    Polynesian 1990
    Grand Floridian 1991
    All-Star Music 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter Feb '09
    Magic Kingdom 2/17/12

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

What a fantastic surprise from a great friend!
    Glad to read that you got to enjoy 8 hours in the Magic Kingdom and a Monorail ride too!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

What an awesome surprise! Glad you got to enjoy Mk and the company of your friend and his family.
    "Behold, the Great Millenium Walk..." TTFN - Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    I have been to WDW quite a few times now but this was the first time that I didnt know I was going until 15 minutes before I entered!
    Wow, very nice surprise!

Post Thanks / Like

What a great surprise!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monorail.....

Absolutely!!!!! I would do it.....i always park at the Contemporary, and self=park..walk inside ,and ride the monorail..it's the 1st thing i do when i get there..
    "Ive been to WDW more times in real life than I have posts on here!!!!"Not sure, but has to be over 100 times since 1971..absolutely my favorite place on Earth....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: