Quantcast Gift cards at hotel check-out?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gift cards at hotel check-out?

I received a plethora of Disney giftcards for the holidays.

I am leaving for WDW in a few days, and am wondering: can we charge everything on our stay (souvenirs, drinks, extra snacks) to our Key to the Kingdom card, and then pay the final bill with some of these giftcards at check-out? The less cards I need to carry around, the better.

Thanks!
    Last edited by McLiberal8; 01-10-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: add to post
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! This won't be a problem at all.

You will still have to leave a credit card (or give them a gift card when you check in) to have charging priviledges, but you can pay it off (or some of it off) before they actually charge the card.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Be aware, that if you if you give them a credit card number when you check in - so you will have charging privileges - they will charge your card for any balance due in the early morning hours of your check-out day. If you actually want to use your gift cards, you'll want to make sure you stop by the front desk the night before you check-out and have them apply the gift cards to your bill. If you wait until the morning you actually go to leave, the card will already have been charged - not that they can't fix it, but havoc WILL ensue.

You can have them put the gift card(s) amount on your account up front which will allow you to charge up to that amount. You can also stop by the front desk anytime you want and check your account and use you gift cards to pay down any charges.

Have a nice trip!

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much!

And I want to clarify - I can purchase things like souvenirs and alcoholic drinks on my KttK card, correct?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Correct...you can pay for everything with your KTTW card if you have charging privileges. We just did the whole Disney gift card thing for our trip in December. Our local grocery store give you $.10 off per gallon of gas for every $50 of gift cards you buy. Every time I went to the grocery store, I'd pick up a few Disney gift cards. By the time we checked in at POR, I had $1675 in gift cards (and a lot of free gas!). I asked at check in and they said it was no problem paying with gift cards. I didn't want to mess with having so many cards, so I was able to use them to put a credit on our hotel bill (that the KTTW card charges to). The only thing they said was that if there was a credit balance on my account at the end of the trip due to using the gift cards, that they couldn't refund the money. So I put half of the cards on the account as credit, then paid with the other half towards the end of the trip. It was very easy and I'll definitely be paying this way again.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: