Quantcast Resort mug tips?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Resort mug tips?

So, I have realized it isn't feasible to use our mugs in the parks, as they might spill (we won't have anything flat, like a stroller, to carry them on).

We will be at Pop in a few weeks, and am wondering how everyone else uses their mugs?

DO you fill them in the morning, then take them back to your room? Do you take them to the parks, somehow? Are these resort mugs worth using if I am either walking into the resort (mugless) on the way to my room, or leaving my room for the parks?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We get a lot of use out of our mugs. Fill them up with tea in the morning. Rinse them out and refill with ice tea (no ice) and store in the fridge in the room until our return later in the day when we get ice from the machine. We refill them again in the evening once we return for the night. (We always have a fridge since we usually stay in the DVC villas or have one in a regular room since I'm diabetic.) We don't take them with us to the parks since you can't refill them there and we'd end up lugging them around. We have found over the years we do get a lot of use out of them plus save money on not buying individual cups of pop or tea continually while at the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

I fill mine, take it to the park and fill it with ice when I eat. That way I always have cold water. If it is ice when we go on rides I put it in my pack. If it has melted I drink it or dump it out and put a paper towel or napkin inside it to catch any water left.

And I bring a large baggie to put it in so other items in my backpack don't get wet. I actually ave everything in my backpack in large or small baggies. Been caught out in the rain a few times at WDW.
    Last edited by Katzateer; 12-30-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Added text
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

For me it tends to depend on how far my room is from the Food Court. Last time when I went and stayed at All Star Sports, my room was very close to the Bus Stop and Food Court (but not so close as to cause noise problems). So in the morning I'd trek over there and get breakfast and a soda with my mug, and fill up one more time and and take my mug back to the room, kind of sipping here and there. Then if I took a mid day break, I'd go back to the room and grab it, finish what was left from the morning and get a refill or 2 and finish right away and fill up for the road again.

Now when I stayed at POP, I think we tended to take our empty mugs with us to the parks so as to save a walk back to the food court as we were just so far away from Classic Hall.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

We use the mugs at breakfast at the resort.
    Midday Break at resort.
    Evening at resort.
    1 person get to run mugs to the room in the morning when breakfast is done.
    We stay at least 10 days, so we get our fill. We drink water otherwise.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I fill mine with coffee in the mornings and I drive to the parks so I bring it in the car and finish it befor I get out of the car then leave it in the car. In the evenings I always get hot chocolate from the food court if its still open befor bed.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are not a big soda fan you could take your empty mug to the parks and have them fill it with water and ice at the snack and counter service stands. I always like having water and don't want to pay $3 or more for it.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    I fill mine, take it to the park and fill it with ice when I eat. That way I always have cold water. If it is ice when we go on rides I put it in my pack. If it has melted I drink it or dump it out and put a paper towel or napkin inside it to catch any water left.
    I love this idea! Something I've never thought of. Thanks for sharing this!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: