Quantcast CBR room request

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default CBR room request

Very excited! Just changed our ressie from POP to CBR. We have never stayed at this resort before and it has been on my hit list for a while. Really excited to try this one out. We were at POFQ last time and liked the intimacy of the smaller resort but I just think the thumbing of CBR is going to be very cool.

So since this is our 1st at this resort I am looking for some recommendations as to the best location on the property and why. Also what are the upgrade locations at this resort?

Thanks for the input!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh you're in for a treat!
    CBR's rooms are the largest of the moderate hotels, so right there, you're in luck!
    There are no elevators in any of the buildings, so if that's going to be an issue for you, you might want to request a ground floor room.

There are Preferred Buildings, as well as "Water View" (pool or lake/beach view) and "Standard View" rooms (courtyards, parking lots, etc.). There are also the Pirate themed rooms. So it all depends on what you're booking.

The Preferred Buildings are Trinidad North and Martinique. They are "Preferred" because they are closest to Old Port Royale (main building with food court, main pool, etc.).
    The Pirate Rooms are located furthest from Old Port Royal in the Trinidad South buildings... in fact, even though you're paying a premium for a Pirate room, you're in the furthest area from the main building! That always seemed funny to me...

If you're not going to pay for a Preferred Building, my preference would be to stay in the Jamaica buildings. It's directly across the bridge from Old Port Royale. Then you can decide if you want to pay the extra money for a water view or a standard view room.

One of the cool things about CBR is you can see Epcot Illuminations every night from the resort -- you can even hear the music! Epcot is sort-of "behind" the Jamaica buildings so look in that direction at night and you'll see the fireworks easily!

Have a great trip!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

if you don't want to pay a preferred room rate, try requesting Jamaica or Aruba buildings. Both are right across the bridge from OPR, a short and pleasant walk.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Can't go wrong with Aruba or Jamaica as the walk across the lake is nice. If you have little kids, look for a building on map of resort that is close to one of the bigger beach areas as they will have a playground area and others do not. You want plenty of hammocks, as they are fun too.
    The last 3 times we have stayed at bldg 22 in Martinique. Pretty close to Port Royale, near bigger beach area, and is right in between the pools and laundry areas for Martinique and Barbados - so you have your choice.

We have only been to CBR. You will love it. We won't go anywhere else.

has play area

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there last December and enjoyed it. We were in Martinique, I think building 26, with a courtyard view. It was very close to the OPR and the beach area.

We needed a first floor for mobility reasons (scooter) and there are no elevators at CBR. Everyone there was friendly and had no problems.

DD loved the pool the one time it was warm enough to go and enjoy it.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

ooohhhhh this thread just made me even more excited to try this resort when we go in 29 days!!! I didn't know you could see the fireworks and such Yay, can't wait.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

HOORAY! I knew I could count on my Intercot peeps to help me on this! I am so excited now to go! Glad I make the switch to CBR!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: