Quantcast Disney Announce DVC at Grand Floridian - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    They could just take over a few of the existing buildings. This would solve a few problems. Disney is having trouble filling existing rooms, so taking them out of general circulation woud help, and now that tere are less rooms, they can charge more for those that are left. This was done at AKL to an extent.

Gets guests paying for maintenance costs too...

I'm not sure there's places for more buildings. I guess the could shoehorn more in, but I'm not betting on that.
    I don't think Disney has had problems filling the Poly. It's usually pretty well booked. I think they would have to build on.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought too that they were able to fill the Poly just fine.

However, if they were to take over existing buildings, they could only do that to Tokelau (my favorite) Tahiti or Rapa Nui. They were built later than the rest of the resort and those rooms can be modified. The rest of the resort has modular pre-fab rooms like the CR (excl BLT) and those rooms can't be easily modified, if at all.

But if they build, then where? The only vacant land is a tiny bit near Luau Cove or a lot more land on the other side of the TTC, which is kind of too far. Everything else is parking lots, unless they take the one over by Rapa Nui.

So, what to do, what to do.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Announce DVC at Grand Floridian

Very nice addition to the DVC network for members to choose from. Like many others, we have been watching for the addition of the Poly as well. We will continue to watch in hopeful anticipation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    Very nice addition to the DVC network for members to choose from. Like many others, we have been watching for the addition of the Poly as well. We will continue to watch in hopeful anticipation.
    I saw yesterday, riding the monorail, where I believe they are building the GF Villas. (Between the existing structure and wedding chapel). There is actually not much land there. With Poly, I just can't see where they could build it. I don't know why they would take an exisiting section unless they built it straight up. I think that would take away some of the charm of the Poly though.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    I saw yesterday, riding the monorail, where I believe they are building the GF Villas. (Between the existing structure and wedding chapel). There is actually not much land there. With Poly, I just can't see where they could build it. I don't know why they would take an exisiting section unless they built it straight up. I think that would take away some of the charm of the Poly though.
    Yes I saw where they are building too. I hear what you are saying about maintaining the charm of the Poly. I am thinking that maybe when they remodel they will turn an existing structure into a DVC. who knows...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

With Poly, I just can't see where they could build it. I don't know why they would take an exisiting section unless they built it straight up. I think that would take away some of the charm of the Poly though.
    I think they can do it ... they will have to build something a bit taller than the two story longhouses they have now, but with a bit of finesse I think they can easily incorporate something like that while still holding the resort to theme.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There is actually not much land there.
    Agreed, and I mentioned this very thing on our latest podcast. But after my fellow podcasters directed me to the plans/concept art, I can envision what's going in and think it will look good.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: