Quantcast Jaws rumor - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaws rumor

Brandon, Florida - About 55 miles from WDW!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well they've already said they plan to expand on the Harry Potter World with a Phase 2. From what I've been reading they might make the amity area the London version of Harry Potter with the entrance to Diagon Alley, which would include a Hogwarts Express train ride that goes between Universal and IOA. It sounds like something they would do, it would force everyone to either buy a 2 day pass to visit both parks or a 2 park pass. Either way they would be making more money out of it.
    Jason

And here's the little Skipper now. Oh Shut up Scruffy you're not burned, you just have a healthy glow.

șOș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I think it's silly if they put anything HP related in US (since everything is over at IOA). If anything, put the HP expansion over at Lost Continent.

Also, I hate that they are removing Jaws. It's a classic ride
    Harry Potter in Universal isn't technically the expansion that everyone is talking about on the net... That will still happen... This new Harry Potter land has nothing to do with the Wizarding World... it will be London and an entrance into Diagon Alley with a Gringott's ride that is supposed to blow the roof off Forbidden Journey, if you believe what people in the know have to say...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bucs300 View Post
    Well they've already said they plan to expand on the Harry Potter World with a Phase 2. From what I've been reading they might make the amity area the London version of Harry Potter with the entrance to Diagon Alley, which would include a Hogwarts Express train ride that goes between Universal and IOA. It sounds like something they would do, it would force everyone to either buy a 2 day pass to visit both parks or a 2 park pass. Either way they would be making more money out of it.
    Yep, exactly what I heard... I am not sure of the hogwarts express though... Looking at maps, Jaws and Wizarding World are too far away and there is too much employee, hotel, and theme park infrastructure in the way... Unless they go underground with it and use the tunnel 3D technology they use in Kong out in Universal Studios Hollywood... then THAT I can see happening...

But, London and Diagon alley are pretty much the consensus.. Just waiting until January when we may get the announcement...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tundramom View Post
    My husband laughed, he said it was not at all what he expected. He described it as a bad Jungle Cruise.
    And that's saying something!

Glad I got to ride it, but I won't miss it. I think it was a nice intro thrill ride for the little kiddies.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Was alittle bummed that it was down when we were there last time.

The time before was a hoot, because it broke down just before the end where the shark comes out. Our tour guide was trying valiantly to fill the gap with some chatter and when the shark came out of the water she shrieked and just about jumped overboard! Laughingly, she told us that it never comes out near the front of the boat so she did not expect it at all!

Good memories!

RIP Jaws . . . we will miss you!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to keep all the Jaws talk in one thread... Here is a slideshow of pictures from WESH's website...

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/themep...78/detail.html

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, looking at the demolition pictures from the past few days has made me sad. My husband and I have spent many fun, quiet moments in Amityville with a hot dog or ice cream, especially when we needed to sit down for a bit during HHN. It was a fun place to quietly watch all the crazy action around us and also check out the lake. We'll always have fond memories!

Very interested to see what they do with the train though. I agree, DisneyFreak2002 - all indications seem to point to the CA King Kong tunnel effect... There are a lot of sites out there with some great aerial pics they tried to match up with the permits. We'll see!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

The permits Universal filed for construction/demolition basically confirms the train station...

Post Thanks / Like

Agree! I still can't seem to visualize how it's going to work out, but I'm sure it will be awesome.

Haven't been on here in awhile - how'd you like Halloween Horror Nights this year?
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: