Quantcast Romantic Spot for Vow Renewal in December?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Romantic Spot for Vow Renewal in December?

I am trying to plan a vow renewal for my wife and I on our 20th wedding anniversary in December. We are going for the week and I know that Disney doesn't allow you to have offical events with a priest/minister. But I would like to take her away one night and do a private renewal...( just her & I)

My wife is the Disney crazy member of our family... but I love it when she drags me to Disney so I am not complaining. But I can't ask her where she would like to go because it is a surprise. I can't do it on her favorite ride (ToT) because I can't do that ride for health reasons.

So any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot!

What a lovely surprise for your wife!

There's a lovely spot at the Poly called Sunset Point. In fact, there are a number of Disney weddings that take place at this location. You can find pictures if you google.

The Rose Garden in the Magic Kingdom is another lovely location.

When we walked around, we found the wedding pavilion at the Grand Floridian open and we were able to wander around inside. We didn't see anyone else why we were there.

How about a horse drawn carriage ride at Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans Riverside?

Rent a pontoon boat and find a lovely location to just float for a bit.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you staying?

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the welcome!

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

Thanks or the previous suggestions. I was hoping to try for a park location since we will be sending the evening in the park on our anniversary. I want it to feel very spur of the moment. Although a horse carriage ride would be a great idea... her radar would but on high alter if I made that suggestion.

Thanks for you suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Evening park ideas that come to my mind pretty much involve Epcot. There are many quiet corners around World Showcase. Perhaps one country would be more romantic to you for a particular reason. One thought is watching Illuminations from somewhere between Italy to maybe France. Linger after the show, letting the crowds move on out. The lights will be on the country pavilions, shimmering on the surface of the Lagoon, the walkways will be quiet, wait - what's the moon phase on your anniversary?

Anyway, that sort of thing could be very "spur of the moment", even tho you planned it that way.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Which park do you plan to visit on your anniversary?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite park is the MK. So these are my ideas...
    Standing on the train balcony overlooking main street, with the lit castle in the background. Or in the park square in front of Tony's, looking toward the castle. In the Rose Garden. At the Wishing Well.

Post Thanks / Like

What if you go to the Magic Kingdom, and suggest that you take a late-night monorail ride before heading back to your resort! Take the resort loop and if you get out at the Polynesian or even Grand Floridian, there is a nice paved walkway along the beach full of flowers and sand, moonlight, etc. My husband and I did this, and it was lovely. We even picked one of the flowers off the bushes and I've kept it pressed in a scrapbook as a little memory.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

In 2008 we did the vow renewal at Sunset Point at the Poly. With the exception of NOT needing a blood test, it was an actual wedding.. complete with Minister (Kevin, whom you may have seen on the Travel Channel special), violin player, wedding cake, drinks, professional photographer and a limo that picked us up at our resort (SS) then back to the resort then onto Disney Studios and the Brown Derby for dinner. It was all very professional and organized.

Post Thanks / Like

So many beautiful spots and just the magic of being there...I'm sure any place will be perfect. I particularly like the gardens over in the UK at Epcot.
    "Behold, the Great Millenium Walk..." TTFN - Mike

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: