Quantcast Tom Sawyer Island Paint Brushes.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tom Sawyer Island Paint Brushes.

I just read a letter on the Disney Insider web page about the hidden paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Island. There are 8 brushes hidden on the island in the morning by a cast memeber and if you find one you get special Fast Passes to Splash Mountain. Anybody ever find one?
    1995 Wilderness Lodge-Honeymoon and First Trip
    1997 AllStar Music
    1998 Dixie Landings
    2000 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004 CBR
    2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Blew off seminar went for a day trip while in Daytona.
    2015 Coronado Springs
    2015 Wilderness Lodge-20 year anniversary

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been going on for awhile now. We haven't found one but, boy do we look hard for that thing.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

The paint brushes are really "hidden" very well; most are in plain view somewhere. That means you pretty much need to be on the first raft to the Island at opening to have a chance to find one before they are all picked up. We knew about it ahead of time and got there early to be on the first raft. Our boys found a paintbrush easily, laying right in the middle of a path. But if they hadn't known ahead of time its significance, I'm sure they would have left it laying right there in their rush to get to the fort. They loved TSI. Our reward was a "front of the line" pass to either Splash Mountain or BTMRR. Very nice on busy days.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We found one a few trips back too.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

*FIND* one....???

Heck, I used to *hide* them things
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. You usually need to be on the first raft over. The cast member usually tells you the story about how Huck and Tom left the brushes. We had it once whether the CM didn't tell the story. We asked and they did have the brushes out. They might be in plain sight, or hidden. It's fun for the kids to run around and look. Only one paintbrush per family. It can be quite competitive if there are enough people on the raft. I've been told they might put the brushes out later in the day, but I'm not sure if that's correct or not.
    Too numerous visits to count. Resorts stayed at include:

Bay Lake Tower
    Contemporary
    Fort WIlderness
    Beach Club Villas
    Yacht Club
    Board Walk Villas
    Swan
    Dolphin
    Polynesian
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Saratoga Springs
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Wilderness Lodge Villas
    WIlderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    *FIND* one....???

Heck, I used to *hide* them things
    Any tips where to find them? Are they hid in the same places are are they just up to the CM who are on duty that morning? My husband found two, My sister found one and she wasn't looking!!! I look every trip and can never find one. We are the first off the first raft and I take off running but can never find one.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

We found one last trip. We found it in the mill house. Also, someone had put one on a rock and in the fort. We had a choice of fast passes to Splash Mountain or Big Thunder - for the whole family. The cast members re-hide them throughout the day.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Any tips where to find them? Are they hid in the same places are are they just up to the CM who are on duty that morning? My husband found two, My sister found one and she wasn't looking!!! I look every trip and can never find one. We are the first off the first raft and I take off running but can never find one.
    Just...wherever the CM happens to place them :-\ I used to take the raft across, and *hide* them In the windmill up in the rafters, in the barn, in each of the caves, in the fort....and, guests would bring them all back after we told our "story". MOST of the CMs just throw them in the walkways, on a railing somewheres, etc., in plain sight. Remember, too, though....there *are* two islands to search, not just the one You have to cross the bridge to the fort! And...there's an "escape tunnel" cave at the back of the fort!
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. I do go to both islands and I go through the caves too. I hope i can find one next time I am there.
    Is the bag of gold in the cave real or rumour? I heard if you find it you get an ultimate fast pass.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Is the bag of gold in the cave real or rumour? I heard if you find it you get an ultimate fast pass.
    "Bag of gold in the cave"? Never heard of this one. Never heard of an "ultimate FastPass", either. If you mean the "diamonds" shining in Injun Joe's cave, it's just....really good Imagineering No *real* gold or diamonds.

Post Thanks / Like

We found at least one paint brush on each of the three seperate occations we tried. We were on the first boat over and there are typically 6 to 8 of us. Most are in plain view, but some are a little harder to find. The hardest one for me to find was in the cave. This was because I could not get my eyes to adjust to the dark. One year, we found 4 of them. We only kept one of the 4 and either gave them away or hid them somewhere new. It is a lot of fun, but you have to take the time to get there early and wait for the island to open.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

During our last visit to the world, it was part of our grand plan to find one of those paint brushes. We were first in line, about 15 mins before the first raft was scheduled to head over. As you may be aware, it is a pretty wide ramp down to the rafts and I found it incredible how some people ran around us as we went down to the raft. No biggie, we made it on to the first one. Then just before we reached the island, the CM told the story about the paintbrushes and they may be still out there. If you find one bring it back to him. I overheard a lady tell her son "Great, now everyone will be looking for them." I told her, everyone on this raft already knows about those paintbrushes!! Well, without revealling any hiding places, my son found a paintbrush about 45 seconds after we landed. He was ecstatic! We took some awesome pictures of him finishing the fence paint job. He walked around with that paint brush like he has just slayed a dragon! He traded the paintbrush for FP's for the six of us for his choice of SM or BTMR. Mission accomplished!!
    Grumpy.
    Genius by birth, Grumpy by choice.

Trips:
    A few times in the 70's
    Grew up, made a family then:
    Sep 2009 POP
    Dec 2010 POP
    Sep 2011 POP

Next up: 23SEP-07OCT12

Post Thanks / Like

We found one last year in the afternoon in Joe's cave. I was estatic!!! My daughter was happy to get the Fast Passes and my husband didn't understand what a big deal it was. When we got home and he told a friend of his who is a big Disney fan, he finally got what a big deal it was. No - don't just believe the wife in the first place.
    There is just one moon and one golden sun. And a smile means friendship to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I have actually never heard a cast member tell the story, all the times we have went. Is it mandatory or just something they do if they want to.
    We did find one a couple yrs ago, it was in Jan., the parks were dead with no wait anyway, so we kept the passes given to us as a souvenir.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: