Quantcast Mvmcp

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mvmcp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mvmcp

Ok
    Don't to be a Debbie Downer
    However for seperate admission between 57-63 dollars.
    You basically get cocoa and fake snow flakes.
    I'm I missing something here?
    Is this one of those it's Disney people will buy
    anything or is their some justification
    behind the price?
    Thanks a Million!
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is one of those "it depends" things. If you are really into Christmas and parades and shows then you will probably enjoy it and feel that it is worth it. If you are not into the parades and shows that much then you might not think it is worth the money.
    I think the parties are fun and would go but I totally get it that the parties are not for everyone.
    Not sure if this helps...just my thoughts on it.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Its more than coco and fake snow. Its the parade the fireworks, seeing rare characters. Its the park having less (most nights) people in it. Ultimately if you dont want to pay dont. It was worth the money to me.

Post Thanks / Like

We went to it four years ago. We were excited for it and couldn't wait for the snow on main street. Having less people in the park was nice. We took advantage of going to the second parade and went on rides while others were at the first parade. We had the cocoa and cookies. Don't really know if it was worth the extra money though. Glad we went but I don't know if we would do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

I have taken my kids to the party both times we were there and am looking forward to doing it again when we go in 2013. It was a great time and my kids got to meet characters they didn't get to see any other times.
    One trip as a child
    First trip with my family 12-01/07-2007 staying at Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

As a passholder I cannot justify the additional cost of separate party tickets for our family. Also, our girls are early birds and at this age wouldn't enjoy being out that late. However, for those who buy daily park passes anyway and have kids who can stay up and enjoy the festivities, I can understand the appeal.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Question is there anything new this year?

We love going to mvmcp, but I am afraid it has become somewhat redundant over the past few years. Has there been anything new introduced this year to make the expense worthwhile?
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

Got a trip next month and and leaning heavily towards skipping the Xmas Party. For the price it just doesnt seem worth it just for a parade and show. for the $120 something dollars I can spend that towards a very nice meal. Not to mention Fantasmic and Illuminations are both going on at the same time and are very worthy alternatives.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Optional but Fun

Yes, the parade is different and the fireworks are a bit more spectacular and yes, I have 5 tickets bought and packed for MVMCP during our upcoming stay…

But that having been said, I think it’s 100% possible for a family to have a very merry holiday stay at Walt Disney World without attending MVMCP. I get a little fretted when discussion board posters are (too) quick to advise total strangers, “buy 2 of everything!”

And I guess I’d be Debbie Downer’s brother if I said that the cookies and hot cocoa aren’t worth a DDP snack credit let alone the price of a MVMCP admission.

And darn it, the rarely appearing characters are well, rarely appearing, so the lines to take a picture with them can be very long.

Then there was the we attended MVMCP and it rained ALL evening. Not the typical Central Florida afternoon downpour that clears off and dries up in minutes but a slow steady drizzle that would, on any other night have us saying, “We’ll come back tomorrow night.”

Whew!

BUT a visit to MVMCP costs less than dinner at Narcoosee’s and I can get that dinner from 30 different places where I live… but we don’t have 6 foot tall marching wooden soldiers in Charlotte!

So a month from now I’ll decorate our stroller with battery operated Christmas lights and when Santa Claus goes by I'll wave and, as we say in the south, "Act a fool."

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest...for us its the price & the fact that the park isnt as full as the regular days..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

That was a wondering I had, if the park has less congestion. We went a few years ago from Dec 18-24 and basically got all the same things as the celebration, but if u basically get more ride time that might be worth the $.
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's all a matter of perspective. If you are just going to the Party and do not already have admission to the park it's not a bad deal. You can enter the park at 4PM with your ticket and you get 8 hours in the park with the party. I can see if you have admission already and then buy the party ticket it being seen as expensive. I go to the MVMCP every year I am there for the holidays. I think the shows, parades and fireworks are worth it. So it can also depend on your approach to the party as well. If you take advantage of the special offerings the party is worth the extra money IMHO but if you are there just to ride attractions it's not.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I've only managed to get to WDW at Christmastime a few times, but I've attended the MVMCP each time. For us, it was well worth the extra money.

It is such a festive atmosphere. (If you are a Christmas fan, you'll love it.) The parade on Main Street is wonderful. There are children running around in pajamas, trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues. Last time I attended, they had a Christmas show at the Galaxy Theatre. I love the free cookies and cocoa.

The price has jumped significantly since our last attendance in 2002. I can definitely see having second doubts about paying the added cost. But if you go, I think you'll enjoy it.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mvmcp

I have to say we have been to disney every year for the past 7 years during october and always go to the MNSHP . I admit we have it down to a science the parade , the songs, the floats, the candy spots and it never gets old . this year however we skipped disney this fall couldnt handle it so now we are surprising our daughter with a christmas trip . and yes we have tickets to the party . WE can not wait it will be so neat to see something diffrent . I guess what i am saying is " who cares if its the same parade or fireworks your in FReaking Disney world enjoy it . act like a kid , make your family smile " Some of our best times together have been at the party that we have been to a million times . i am just worried that i will miss the pumpkins im not used to seeing christmas .
    Keep a Weather eye on the Horizon

Post Thanks / Like

Ok....We have our tickets....we are excited....I know it will be worth it......Just want to know....is the parade and fireworks different from the regular Christmas parade and fireworks?

Post Thanks / Like

We are attending for the first time this year. We have done MNSSHP several times and love it. Expect the same with MVMCP. Keeping our fingers crossed!
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

Did I read correctly above? We can get in at 4 if we buy the MVMCP tix? I am going to Orlando with my sisters just for the weekend and was toying with the idea of going to the party, but I thought the hours were 7 to 12. Are you allowed in earlier if you only have party tix and not day tix?

Post Thanks / Like

So we went for the first time this past Sunday, and it was totally worth it to us (me, DH and my DM). The parade alone did it for me. We've gone to MNSSHP 2 years in a row now, and will definitely do both again next year. Something about those parades... And I honestly can't stand the regular daytime parades!

If you're unsure, my advice is do it once, just to see. You may end up loving it!
    "Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don't stand till the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you, good bye now, good bye, thank you, good bye..."

1984, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008,
    2010 x 3, 2011 x 3, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

For us we felt it was a 'must do' even though we're Annual Pass holders. We don't normally travel to Disney during this time of year so I want to take advantage of the opportunity to see the unique festivities that go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    So a month from now I’ll decorate our stroller with battery operated Christmas lights and when Santa Claus goes by I'll wave and, as we say in the south, "Act a fool."
    Love this idea! I can't wait to see the strollers decorated.

8/96*WL--8/98*YC--2/01*YC--9/01*GF

02/03*GF--11/03*GF--4/04*AKL--10/04*DL

11/05*Dolphin--8/06*WL--9/07*DLP

11/07*Dolphin--11/09*Swan--3/10*Ritz

6/10*Dolphin--10/10*Poly--8/11*Dolphin

12/11*GF--03/12*Dolphin--9/12*Dolphin

2/13*WA--11/13*WA--10/14*WA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dinahvixen View Post
    Did I read correctly above? We can get in at 4 if we buy the MVMCP tix? I am going to Orlando with my sisters just for the weekend and was toying with the idea of going to the party, but I thought the hours were 7 to 12. Are you allowed in earlier if you only have party tix and not day tix?
    The tickets say 7pm, but the tradition is 4pm.
    Watch for comments on intercot, there have been concerns about the early entry changing.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: