Quantcast Marrakesh or Biergarten?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marrakesh or Biergarten?

Hi,

We have ADRs for both Marrakesh and Biergarten for a mid-December trip, but will probably only do one in the end. Any recommendations on which you would choose, including food, entertainment and ambiance? Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been to both and love them both .The trouble is both are so diffrent worlds apart..

IMO
    The Beirgarten is probably better if you have kids, as the entertainment ( german oompha band is fun ) and bigger variety of dishes to keep everyone happy ...The wine and beer variety is excellent

Marrakesh menu is second to none with large portions and menu ( so dont bother with a starter )
    The entertainment of the belly dancer always gets the mens attention and to be fair the belly dancer will always bring kids on the floor to join in and dance which is sweet .

Both atmospheres are excellent but i personally would slighty edge for Marrakesh ( not because of the belly dancer )...But simply as its very different and the surroundings are fun and slightly less manic ....

Either way you cant go wrong you will enjoy both
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I would choose Biergarten...we really did not like Marakesh. Also, Biergarten is decorated beautifully in December and the band is lots of fun

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Marrakesh was surprisingly good. I especially remember they had a goat cheese appetizer that was really really fresh and tasty. Big portions, and the service was great.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't enjoy Marrakesh at all. Cramped, food wasn't to our taste and we were so far back in the corner that seeing the entertainment was a stretch.

Biergarten we love and the atmosphere is so much more lively and friendly. The band is great! And the food and beer are always good. I'd especially recommend Biergarten for December, as someone mentioned, the Christmas decorations are lovely.

Post Thanks / Like

My vote would got to Biergarten. I've eaten at both restaurants, and Biergarten had much better food, hands down! Marrakesh had a calmer atmosphere but the entertainment at Biergarten was also much better! The only thing we didn't like a whole lot about Biergarten was the seating...you are seated at a table for 8, so if you have less than that in your party, you sit with strangers. We were a part of 3 sitting with a family of 5. It turned out to be fine and we had a nice conversation with the family, but if you'd rather have your own table, then you might want to go with Marrakesh.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on who is going, and what you are looking for. Marrakesh is more subdued and upscale. The food and service are fabulous and the portions are large.

Biergarten is so lively and fun, and especially at Christmastime, will look the Holiday part! (Germans started most standard Holiday traditions). The food is more straightforward, and served buffet style. We ate there in August, and had a wonderful time!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I've only eaten at Marrakesh and I liked it very much, so I'm going with Marrakesh. The food was great, the entertainment was enjoyable and the atmosphere was relaxed. I'm not a fan of German food, so I've been avoiding Biergarten.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Based on the feedback I am leaning toward Biergarten, but we'll talk it over. Sounds like we can't go wrong either way.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Biergarten for the first time in Aug. I loved it! The food, decor, entertainment was great. My kids where dancing the whole time. It is now one of my must do each trip.

I did not care for the food at Marrakesh, but it was a beautiful restaurant. The belly dancer was good too.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    I've only eaten at Marrakesh and I liked it very much, so I'm going with Marrakesh. The food was great, the entertainment was enjoyable and the atmosphere was relaxed. I'm not a fan of German food, so I've been avoiding Biergarten.
    I felt the same way until I finally ate at Biergarten on my most recent trip! I'm not a fan of sauerkraut and bratwurst, so I was leery of eating there, but I was very pleasantly surprised! The buffet had a big selection of things that weren't too "German", if that makes sense! Things like pot roast (which was wonderful!!), roasted potatoes, roasted chicken, salad, and really yummy pretzel bread rolls! Give it a try, you might be pleasantly surprised, too!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Go cards!!!! (Love your handle)

If your are looking for food authenticity both of these places are disapointing if you have experience with the "real thing".

If you have kids go biergarten. Its a buffet and the litte ones can feast on faves without the "what's that?" line. Its loud and fun and a little hectic. Ziggy zocky hoy hoy hoy!!!

If you want a more quiet experience or don't want to share a table with strangers go marakesh.

The food is equal at both and is actaully quite good. I have a slight preference for biergarten because I like the party atmoshphere.
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Biergarten

Food, atmoshphere, live music, Flight of beer (if you choice to do so)
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post

If your are looking for food authenticity both of these places are disapointing if you have experience with the "real thing".
    I cannot speak for the authenticity of the food at Marrakesh, but I would differ with you on the Biergarten. Yes, there are some dishes that are "Americanized", but there are quite a few dishes that are very similar to the ones my mother used make (and she was a very good German cook).

Personally, I did not care for the Marrakesh, for all the reasons stated by Melanie (as we were both there at the same time, lol!) granted , it was during free dining, which may have been why the place was packed. But I did not enjoy the experience at all.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Germany is more Christmas-y than Morocco. Not sure what other things you have planned for your trip, though.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: