Quantcast RIP James Gandolfini

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default RIP James Gandolfini

Multiple news outlets are reporting that James Gandolfini has passed away. Here is what TMZ says:

Gandolfini is believed to have suffered a heart attack. He was 51.

Gandolfini was in Italy to attend the 59th Taormina Film Festival in Sicily -- and he was scheduled to participate in a festival event this weekend with Italian director Gabriele Muccino.

Gandolfini shot to fame playing a hitman in the 1993 hit "True Romance" ... and quickly became a Hollywood legend when he was cast as Tony Soprano in 1999. He won 3 Emmy awards for the role during the show's 6 season run.

Gandolfini also appeared in a ton of huge movies including "Get Shorty," "The Mexican" and "Zero Dark Thirty."
    Loved The Sopranos. He was a great actor. Rest in Peace.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw that, he leaves behind his wife and a baby born October 2012. He also has an older child from a previous marriage. May they all find peace and comfort during this time.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I was telling my hubby earlier that I thought he was fairly newly married and that he had a baby. SO sad.

Andy Cohen showed on Watch What Happens Live tonight a clip from a few weeks ago where someone asked Jamie Lynn Siglar about him. It made me cry. She spoke very highly of him.

I, like so many others, loved The Sopranos. Although he maybe didn't love being associated with just one role, he should be extremely proud of what he created there. What an incredible character!

RIP James.

Post Thanks / Like

I was so shocked to hear about this. He was a year younger than me and always seemed so full of life.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad to lose such a talented person so early in life. He was always such fun to watch, even when he wasn't playing such a nice guy.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this last night, so sad I really liked him in all his movies, Tony Soprano was my all time favorite. My condolences to his family.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Although I didn't watch Sopranos, I liked him as an actor in other things like The Last Castle and The Mexican. So sudden and very sad for his family.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

So very, very sad. Too young. The 13 year old son finding him. The new baby. Just feeling very sad for his family and all the co-workers that cared for him so much, my thoughts and prayers go out to them. For me he will be missed. RIP James.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

So shocked and sad to see this yesterday. I always liked him and I loved the Sopranos. He made the series- he was definitely the reason to watch. He seemed like a very nice man in real life. I remember he dug someone out when that blizzard hit NYC a few years ago and I recall reading about his involvement with the Wounded Warrior project. Other charities too, I don't remember which now. I am very sad for his family. May he rest in peace and his family find comfort.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Terrible. Just terrible. He was a gifted, gifted actor and an incredible talent to lose so young.

I absolutely adored The Sopranos, but even more than that I was amazed at the range Gandolfini had and how, even though he was so closely associated with Tony Soprano, I was able to watch him in other films and totally believe in his portrayal of the character even if it was a complete 180 from Tony.

He was taken from us far too soon and his talents will certainly be missed.

RIP Mr. Gandolfini
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. SO sad

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: