Quantcast EVC questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: EVC questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default EVC questions

Ok, more questions - pros and cons of three wheel scooter vs. four wheeler scooter? Also, deluxe seat looks nice......any input?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The 4 wheel scooters are more stable and won't tip as much as the 3 wheel.

I rented a scooter that had the captains chair and didn't like it. I am used to the smaller seat. For me it was not as comfortable. With the head rest on there I always felt like someone was looking over my shoulder
    I also found it more cumbersum trying to back up when boarding the busses. My personal preference is the smaller seat. Everyone will have their own likes and dislikes on the seats. I would go with what ever you are comfortable with.

I now bring my own scooter with me to WDW.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks -I never thought of that. It is for my FIL who just had hip replacement. He gets around at home okay, but will never have the stamina for the parks. He is not a huge guy (160lbs.), so maybe the captains chair is too big. We are getting it for him and didn't want to scrimp on comfort, but sometimes less is more. Hmmmmm.....

Post Thanks / Like

The motorized wheel chairs are easier to maneuver and don't take up as much space in your room or on the bus. I have rented the Jazzy Jet twice and the folks at Walker Mobility couldn't have been nicer.
    Nell

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

We always have to rent two when we go to Disney. We have always used Randy's (they are great to come and switch chairs when we couldn't decide which style we preferred) and get 4 wheeled. There are too many obstacles, such as the tracks on Mainstreet USA for us to chance the 3 wheeled. We didn't care for the taller seatbacks either. It was comfy but the lower ones are too. We are not the best drivers and it is much easier to manuever them on and off the buses and monorail. We also found that some are shorter than others so ask for a shorter scooter.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I didn't even know there were other companies - I had only heard about Apple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinxmom View Post
    Thanks! I didn't even know there were other companies - I had only heard about Apple.
    Try Buena Vista Scooters they are great, we have been using them for several years.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I both use ECVs. She has her own, a Pride Celebrity, a 3 wheeler, the heavy duty model. I rent the standard Celebrity from Apple, also a 3 wheeler. We are both very experienced riders, but each of us has had "mishaps". She went over while crossing the trolley tracks on Main St. And I went down off loading from a bus. Would we have been better with 4 wheelers? Possibly, but we still prefer the easier maneuvering of the 3 wheeler.As far as seat size, we are both LARGE people, but neither of us like the giant sized captains chair.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

My DH & I just returned from WDW this past weekend and he rented a 3-wheel from Apple. He loved it and by the end of the week was an expert at parking it on the bus. He is not a small guy but is able to walk short distances and this worked out well for him.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

We have used Apple Scooter twice and loved them. What I liked is they include the insurance for the scooter free of charge. It covers anything that would happen to it if you would damage the unit.

We had one of the small 4 wheel models and it worked very well. The seat was a standard seat and was very comfortable.

My vote would be for Apple.

Hope this helps.
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ecv

While on the subject...I am short. I am wondering if the ECV'S at WDW are all the same. I end up with lumbar pain because I have to lean forward to operate vechile. Does anyone have an answer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marionla View Post
    While on the subject...I am short. I am wondering if the ECV'S at WDW are all the same. I end up with lumbar pain because I have to lean forward to operate vechile. Does anyone have an answer?
    I don't know if the one's you rent at Disney have adjustable tillers. I know mine does, but it is smaller than the ones used at Disney.

You might want to contact an outside company. I used Apple the time I rented. Good luck.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

For what's it worth i have always had a 3-wheel but last trip i used a 4-wheel one. within an hour in the park i called Apple to exchange back to the 3-wheel. It is just easier to drive and a better cutting angle. I wouldn't worry to much about tipping it. I"m almost 350 and i never once even came close to tipping it.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: