Quantcast Please, please, please, put fridges in the Values!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Please, please, please, put fridges in the Values!

So, it isn't just $10/day to add a fridge to a Value room...then you get taxed on what you are renting.

So, all in all, we paid almost $12/day and treated the fridge just as well as we did when it was included at the Moderates and Deluxes.

Boo to paying for fridge rental!
    Call me Mary...

Trips
    Offsite-Aug.'89
    CSR-Jan.'00
    Offsite-Mar '01
    WL-Dec.'01
    ASMo, Dolphin-Sep.'03
    Poly, POR-Jan.'05
    AKL-Sep-Oct.'05
    Disney Magic-Oct.'07
    WL- Dec. '09
    CBR-Pirate- Dec. '10
    POP Oct. '11

Up next a last minute trip to POR after a very LONG break from WDW! Feb. 2018!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

we bought us one to take 60 bucks and i can bring it back home for the next trip. Better than $10.00 X 8 nights.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Bethis26fan View Post
    we bought us one to take 60 bucks and i can bring it back home for the next trip. Better than $10.00 X 8 nights.
    Correction, it is more than $10/night with tax. Yuck!
    Call me Mary...

Trips
    Offsite-Aug.'89
    CSR-Jan.'00
    Offsite-Mar '01
    WL-Dec.'01
    ASMo, Dolphin-Sep.'03
    Poly, POR-Jan.'05
    AKL-Sep-Oct.'05
    Disney Magic-Oct.'07
    WL- Dec. '09
    CBR-Pirate- Dec. '10
    POP Oct. '11

Up next a last minute trip to POR after a very LONG break from WDW! Feb. 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Just take a sick kid that needs their medication refrigerated. The cost is greatly reduced. Happened to us a couple times.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethis26fan View Post
    Since we go to WDW at least once a year we did this, too. The little cube fridge works great, doesn't take up much space in our van and means we don't have to pay for a fridge at the value. Since my DS11 has diabetes we have to keep his medication cold (and yes I know they'll provide a little medical fridge at the values for this purpose, but those don't work have the time - keeping things too cold or not cold enough).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

You pay for the fridge in the moderates & deluxes too except that the charge is not itemized...it's part of the room charge.

As a kid, my parents would sometimes get a styrofoam cooler which always worked out well. They are only a couple of bucks and you can get ice from the ice machine. If we were to do that in the future, I'd probably bring a few different sized ziploc bags to be sure foods didn't get soggy (if I was going to store food).
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, just put a fridge in the rooms and be done with it.

It really isn't going to add too much cost, and with room rates going up every year anyways, let's just pay for the fridge and move on.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I agree, just put a fridge in the rooms and be done with it.

It really isn't going to add too much cost, and with room rates going up every year anyways, let's just pay for the fridge and move on.
    Agree with this. Just add $10 to the nightly rates, put them in all rooms, and be done with it.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I'd rather just get a straight-up price. Here I am, thinking I'm getting such a bargain, then I have to account for the fridge addition. Just put them in and add them to the price.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Agree with this. Just add $10 to the nightly rates, put them in all rooms, and be done with it.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

While it would be nice to have fridges in the value resort rooms too, I can understand why they don't do it. Why would anyone pay to stay at the moderate or deluxe resorts if they all had the same amenities (aside from the room size)? And if they raise the room rate then there would be people who wouldn't like that too. I've used a collapsible cooler before at the resorts that didn't offer a fridge and it did well to keep beverages and other necessities cold.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We've never really needed a fridge, although we'd use one if it's in the room. I'd just as soon not pay for it. Having it as an extra charge on the room is sort of like adding to a Magic Your Way base ticket; you're able to configure your room the way you want it. If they were to add the fridges to all the value rooms, we'd all be paying more each night. Since there are a lot more rooms at the values than at the other resorts, there would probably be cleaning and maintenance issues to consider, too.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    While it would be nice to have fridges in the value resort rooms too, I can understand why they don't do it. Why would anyone pay to stay at the moderate or deluxe resorts if they all had the same amenities (aside from the room size)? And if they raise the room rate then there would be people who wouldn't like that too. I've used a collapsible cooler before at the resorts that didn't offer a fridge and it did well to keep beverages and other necessities cold.
    Size of the room and lack of a refrigerator aren't the only differences in a value resort vs. moderate/deluxe resorts. Trust me people will still stay at a moderate or deluxe resort even if the values included a fridge. The other differeneces are slides at the main pools, all but one moderate resort has sit down restaurants, covered bus stop waiting, some resorts have on site spas, and I'm sure there may be other things I'm missing, but the difference between a value and a mod/deluxe definitely go beyond room size and a fridge.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Size of the room and lack of a refrigerator aren't the only differences in a value resort vs. moderate/deluxe resorts. Trust me people will still stay at a moderate or deluxe resort even if the values included a fridge. The other differeneces are slides at the main pools, all but one moderate resort has sit down restaurants, covered bus stop waiting, some resorts have on site spas, and I'm sure there may be other things I'm missing, but the difference between a value and a mod/deluxe definitely go beyond room size and a fridge.
    Oh, I understand that, Denise, I'm just saying that I don't think it's an amenity that should be put in all the rooms at a value resort. Outside of WDW, you wouldn't expect to have a fridge in a room at a budget hotel--that's something you usually find at a mid to upscale hotel. Just my
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I understand that, Denise, I'm just saying that I don't think it's an amenity that should be put in all the rooms at a value resort. Outside of WDW, you wouldn't expect to have a fridge in a room at a budget hotel--that's something you usually find at a mid to upscale hotel. Just my
    I totally get what your saying, it just sounded funny the way I read it. The way I read it it sounded like you were suggesting that by having a fridge in a value resort then guests wouldn't bother staying at, and paying for, a mod or deluxe.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather save a few bucks than have a fridge. This last time I was looking to book my room I think that by the time you pay for the extra fee + tax you might as well pay for a moderate room.
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, to our surprise, the last few budget hotels we've stayed at while on the road to or from somewhere not only had fridges, but also had microwaves and coffee makers!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Actually, to our surprise, the last few budget hotels we've stayed at while on the road to or from somewhere not only had fridges, but also had microwaves and coffee makers!
    And Free WiFi!!!
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renfairwedding View Post
    And Free WiFi!!!
    I would rather have free wifi over any of the other features. It would just be nice when you get back to the room at night to upload some pictures so my familyl at home can see all the fun we are having.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hair_Razor View Post
    I'd rather save a few bucks than have a fridge.
    I too hope they keep the fridges out of the Values. It is very easy for many travelers to bring a cooler to keep a few drinks or milk cold, the ice machines are plentiful. I would rather them go as cheap as they can for something many people just don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfairwedding View Post
    And Free WiFi!!!
    But did those budge hotels offer to pick you (and your luggage) up at the airport, then provide you free transportation (and free package delivery) for the duration of your stay? Disney can't offer every benefit at every level of resort without closing the price gap between Value & Moderate. Purchasing, maintaining, and powering 8,640 mini-fridges would not be an insignificant expense for Disney.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: