Quantcast F&W Festival-My Humble Review of Food

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Talking F&W Festival-My Humble Review of Food

So, I tried multiple booths earlier this week, and here is my limited culinary opinion...

Belgium: Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream...an obvious offering from Belgium, but well-done; very good for only $3

Mexico: Shrimp Tacos. Once I tried it, I remember having it before, and not being impressed on previous occasions. Not worth time. I didn't like the spices used.

On another note, fiance' tried the strawberry margarita on the rocks. He didn't get two, but he didn't say it was the best he ever had. So, it is what it is.

Japan: Spicy Tuna Roll. This was about as good as the sushi you buy at Publix. For $3.75, I was hoping for more. You can tell it was mass produced, but I was hoping for more from this booth.

Cheese: Cheese Fondue with Sourdough Bread... I could've eaten the fondue up with a spoon. Another great and filling choice for $3

Germany: Nuernberger Sausage in a Pretzel Roll. This was okay. I don't think I would've paid another $4.50 for this again. It kind of tasted like a large, flavorful breakfast sausage on a soft pretzel. Not worth the money.

Craft Beer: Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss...OMG! I am a fan! I limited myself to one 12oz. Otherwise, I would've drank an unlimited supply! This is a great beer!

Deserts: DD and I shared White Chocolate Macadamia Mousse with Dark Chocolate Pearls for only $1.50. It was a great price, size, etc. And, LORD, this was one of the best things we tried!

Poland: Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream. I was raised on great, authentic Kielbasa and Pierogie, so this disappointed. But, I paid the $5 out of loyalty to Poland.

I wanted to try soooo much more, but was limited by the size of the offering and price. New Zealand's scallop, for example, was one scallop with puree for $4.25. Not worth it. But, it looked good.

Otherwise, I really wanted to try Ireland's Fisherman Pie, China's pot stickers, Moroco's Kefta Pocket, etc...but, tummy was too full.

So, tell me what I missed?
    Call me Mary...

Trips
    Offsite-Aug.'89
    CSR-Jan.'00
    Offsite-Mar '01
    WL-Dec.'01
    ASMo, Dolphin-Sep.'03
    Poly, POR-Jan.'05
    AKL-Sep-Oct.'05
    Disney Magic-Oct.'07
    WL- Dec. '09
    CBR-Pirate- Dec. '10
    POP Oct. '11

Up next a last minute trip to POR after a very LONG break from WDW! Feb. 2018!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorites this year by far were the Hawaii offerings - Kalua Pork Sliders and the Tuna Poke. SO good!

A favorite from years past is the Fisherman's Pie from Ireland. Didn't disappoint again this year, although I can't imagine having it when it's 80+ degrees outside.

Agree with you on the Nuernberger Sausage and Pretzel Roll. Second year we've gotten it and not really impressed either time.

I disagree with you on the sushi though. Definitely much. better than what we get at our local Publix.

Post Thanks / Like

Craft Beer: Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss...OMG! I am a fan! I limited myself to one 12oz. Otherwise, I would've drank an unlimited supply! This is a great beer!
    I really like this one too, They sell it in liquor stores, I always try to get some around here when comes but it is seasonal.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

France. Our favorite by far was France, the escargot in the yummy little pastry that made it easy to eat and not at all messy, and the coq au vin over the cheesy macaroni, wow. Also, South Korea's barbecued beef and kimchi, yum. The Belgian waffle was fairly standard and obvious, but the mussels, delicious. That garlic cream sauce was delicate and lovely. The lamb slider in New Zealand was also quite good. I even liked both Mexican tacos and the spicy tuna sushi (much better than what I get in my supermarket). Ireland's offerings were good, as well as Hawaii's (but not my favorites).

What I didn't like- the shrimp in Australia, way too salty. The salmon in Canada was overcooked and dry.The linguica in Portugal, not so good.

We tried almost everything except for Brazil and Caribbean. I'm sure I have more opinions, but that's all that comes to mind for now.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I tried some items on Friday.

I liked
    • Pork Sliders in Hawii
    • Seared Scallop in New Zealand though I agree it cost top much for what it is but I really like scallops and radish salad. I like this. It had really nice complex flavors.
    • Fisherman pie in Ireland, but it could have used a little more seafood.
    • Apple Strudel in Germany. This was a great value. It was huge.
    • Lamington in Australia. This is a yellow cake with chocolate and then dipped in coconut. Very yummy.

The griddle cheese in Greece was good, but I could tell the piece I got had been sitting awhile. It would have been better freshly made. Rice pudding in Norway was just okay. It was a little warm. I've had it better at the quick serve.

Did not clear for the dessert plate at Champagne & dessert. Everything was either too sweet for me or had weird flavors.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Brazilian Capirinia
    My very favorite. A touch of honey is genious.

We also had lamb chop, chicken flatbread, filet tacos, fondue, pot stickers, escargot, argentinian sausage with olives. Oh no, I have forgotten what else! Must have been the capirinias. It was all good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post

Did not clear for the dessert plate at Champagne & dessert. Everything was either too sweet for me or had weird flavors.
    Cindy, agreed on the dessert, and actually on the champagne selections. A lot of too sweet or odd flavors going on there.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Im hoping to try a few next wk. where to start?....Ill b using a few snack credits
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I'm writing an article for the Intercot Insider on this very topic, but I'll give a quick list of my favorites.

We tried food at the majority of stations, splitting between my Mom, my sister and myself. Personal favorites were grilled lamb chop and shrimp at Australia, Feijoada at Brazil, Black Pepper Shrimp at China, fondue at the cheese kiosk (as well as the Riesling served there), Golabki at Poland, Shrimp cake in Singapore, Lamb Slider in New Zealand, Steamed Mussels at Belgium, and Coq Au Vin at France.

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Cindy, agreed on the dessert, and actually on the champagne selections. A lot of too sweet or odd flavors going on there.
    See, I love Moët and Chandon Rose Imperial, but my complaint is it is not served cold enough. This is not an issue with the Nicolas Feuillate served at the permanent kiosk in France.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

See, Christine, I should've tried the Golabki! I considered it, but was craving Kielbasa. It tasted more like Conecuh sausage, then the authentic, garlicy Kielbasa I have had.
    Call me Mary...

Trips
    Offsite-Aug.'89
    CSR-Jan.'00
    Offsite-Mar '01
    WL-Dec.'01
    ASMo, Dolphin-Sep.'03
    Poly, POR-Jan.'05
    AKL-Sep-Oct.'05
    Disney Magic-Oct.'07
    WL- Dec. '09
    CBR-Pirate- Dec. '10
    POP Oct. '11

Up next a last minute trip to POR after a very LONG break from WDW! Feb. 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Christine, Sherri and everyone: Thanks for the tips! We leave for our trip next Saturday. I plan to spend a good portion of it eating.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone try the South Africa booth? We are going in 9 days, and I haven't heard anyone mention this one. The offerings of the beef and smashed potatoes sound really good to me.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    Did anyone try the South Africa booth? We are going in 9 days, and I haven't heard anyone mention this one. The offerings of the beef and smashed potatoes sound really good to me.
    Yes, I had this one in the rain. It was very good. I didn't try the Bunny Chow, but it looked good too.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I'm writing an article for the Intercot Insider on this very topic, but I'll give a quick list of my favorites.

We tried food at the majority of stations, splitting between my Mom, my sister and myself. Personal favorites were grilled lamb chop and shrimp at Australia, Feijoada at Brazil, Black Pepper Shrimp at China, fondue at the cheese kiosk (as well as the Riesling served there), Golabki at Poland, Shrimp cake in Singapore, Lamb Slider in New Zealand, Steamed Mussels at Belgium, and Coq Au Vin at France.
    I agree with your list, with the exception of Australia's shrimp, which was not a winner for me. And I missed Brazil. I thought the golabki in Poland was good, too. I agree with DisneyRN on the kielbasa, though. I was raised in a very Polish area (near Chicopee, MA) and the kielbasa didn't cut it, though I didn't mind the pierogi. I still found it worth a taste.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I leave in two days and im getting fat just thinking about it.

Iv'e got great ADR's (Bistro, Narcoosse's, LeCellier, Fulton's, Brown Derby and Biergarten) and then all this on top of that.

I could live on the mussels and Leffe alone!

three cheers for "comfort-fit" pants!!

Hip hip......

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: