Quantcast Help Me Score A Le Cellier Dinner

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Me Score A Le Cellier Dinner

As you can see from my sig, I've been to Disney World a lot. I have managed to eat dinne at Le Cellier exactly once in my life, 10 years ago. Every time since, it's been booked solid for the entire trip, including the one I'll be going on in December.

HELP!

I don't know what dark magic or sacrifice I need to make to get this to work, but I REALLY want to score an ADR for Le Cellier this year.

If you've managed to book the Holy Grail (for me anyway) of ADR's, how did you do it? Were you just lucky, or did you have a plan? I'd even consider lunch at this point, though dinner is preferable. I'm desperate.
    Early 1980's sometime - Offsite
    ... large hazy period ...
    01/99 - AS Music
    01/01 - AS Movies
    01/02 - AS Sports/AKL
    09/02 - Disneyland PARIS
    01/03 - Contemporary
    04/03 - Fort Wilderness
    01/04 - Offsite :(
    03/05 - CBR
    09/05 - Beach Club
    12/05 - OKW
    04/06 - OKW
    09/07 - CBR
    12/11 - PO:FQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No guarantees but a couple of things to try:

Check daily - check several times per day - right up until the day you leave. You never know when a cancellation might occur. I was able to get a difficult to obtain breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey's just a few days before we left on our trip by doing this.

Check again after you arrive.

Walk up just as the restaurant is opening. There is sometimes a small window of opportunity to be seated as a walk-up when arriving just as the restaurant is opening.

None of these are foolproof but you might just get that elusive dinner you want.

Or, you might do what I did for an upcoming tirp. I couldn't get into Le Cellier either so booked Yachtsman Steak House instead.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check during crossover meal periods

I have had the most luck getting a seat when lunch is just ending.

Most of the time, we get the dinner menu handed to us anyway.

I think it is either 3 or 4PM. You might be able to walk-up at that time as well with some success.

Most of all, just keep trying. I like to believe that most people are like me and actually call if the can't make their ADRs.
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree with re-checking daily, even check multiple times in a day, we are always last minute and I have to tell you it is the RARE occasion that we do not get to eat where we want. On my trip last week we were able to get good resies literally days to hours before just by checking frequently with the online reservation system. When all else fails show up when they open, be nice, be flexible, beg a bit and youll get in.

Post Thanks / Like

I woke up at 6am exactly 180 days before our trip got online and got a reservation! I took me many trips and many tries but we finally got a reservation here. We ate there a few weeks ago for the first time. It was good but I don't think I will be bothering with all the hassle of trying to get in again. Good luck!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

When are you going in December?

DVC members since 2006....OKW, HH and BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Other than being on the phone or online as soon as your window opens up I don't know of any other way to increase your chances of getting any ADR. I guess my other suggestion would be to check online or call daily.

Oddly enough we've never had any problems getting Le Cellier. We've eaten here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. I just called at the 180 mark and got it. We didn't really enjoy Le Cellier on either visit so I find it somewhat humorous that we, who don't even like it, never had any problems getting it. Yet I see people stating all the time that they couldn't score an ADR and they are really wanting to dine there, or have eaten there in the past and its a "must do" for future trips.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried to get ressies here many times too. The time I actually accomplished it was at 180 days out. No problem. Openings at many times. When we went, this last June, the food was good, but the service was outstanding. Our waiter was really friendly, and I loved the decor. As PP said, Yachtsman is a good choice. I found their food to be better, but our waiter was a snot. Of course, these were two isolated incidents, and I cannot say that either is customary, since I've only been to each once.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Germantown, TN : 824 miles from the Magic
    Post Thanks / Like

In the words of Sir Winston Churchill "Never give up - never, never, never, never . . ."

We book our ADRs online, and usually spend 15 or 20 minutes most nights leading up to our trip just checking for times at our favorite places. We usually get what we want, but it takes time. Keep looking long enough, and the odds will eventually work in your favor.

For instance, with our upcoming trip next week, we kept checking for 'Ohana on our arrival night, and got a 7:30 ressie just a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, I checked again for Le Cellier, and got lucky enough to get in on my wife's birthday!!

My trick, at least, is to keep trying and keep trying. Hopefully, it will work for you too!
    Late '70s - Contemporary
    04/08 - All-Star Music
    09/08 - All-Star Music
    03/09 - All-Star Music
    09/09 - PORS (F&W Fest)
    10/11 - POP (F&W Fest)

Next Trip -- NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!

My laughin' place is a Doom Buggy!

Post Thanks / Like

For our recent visit to WDW on 10/1 I booked Le Cellier exactly 180 days to the day and was able to obtain reservations for 6 ( a 4 top and a 2 top) though we only had a party of 5.

The ressie system has a hard time dealing with odd or large party sizes and a cast member educated me once that you need to sometimes trick the system.

As it turned out our party size dropped to 4 so I just cancelled the 2 top and retained the 4 top.

Our ressie was for dinner and the system could on come up with dinner at 4:30, however it was during the start of the Food and Wine fest and that time turned out to be great ... dinner was over at 6:00, in time to ride Soaring and complete our tour of the countries.

PS ... the cast members at Le Cellier check-in told me that they were completely booked and there were no walk-in space available.

I have been going to WDW for a long time and I know that there is a lot of back and forth as to whether you need ADR or not, however my thought is that if I really want to dine somewhere I plan ahead and err on the side of caution.

Our Server was wonderful and the food was better than I remembered it, especially the pretzel bread and the beer cheese soup.

So glad that I jumped on it.

Hope this helps.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Owner since '98)

2011 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
    2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2008 - BWV (2)
    2007 - BWV
    2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
    2005 - HH, BWV (2)
    2003 - BWV
    2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
    2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
    2000 - BWV
    1999 - BWV, HH, VB
    1998 - BWV, Swan

Post Thanks / Like

We had 12:45 reservations there last week. I had made them 180 days before. When I was checking in around 12:30 there were several people trying to get a walk-in and they were turned away. The CM did tell them that they had a few available earlier in the day, so maybe you could try a walk-in when they first open for lunch. Good luck!
    Liz
    WDW October 2011 - POR
    WDW October 2015 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I went on at 6:00am eastern time today and maybe that helped. But when I booked my ADR's for our April 2012 trip this morning and I could have gotten lunch or dinner at LeCellier.

I was shocked to see times available also for Cinderella's Table breakfast or dinner. I booked the dinner.

We're not going at a particularly slow time it's April vacation in MA and a bunch of other places.

Maybe I just got really lucky but I was surprised that I could book both those places with the times I wanted.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Book it at 180 days from arrival and toward the end of your trip. Disney guests get an extra 10 days beyond the 180 so the competition is less.
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just checked for today (for 4/14/12, our arrival date) and Le Cellier was still available! Unfortunately, I didn't want that one for 4/14/12 but I may try again for a day later that week I thought it was pretty much impossible to get
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trick at Le Cellier

Alot of times if you make adrs for 3 instead of 2 you will be suprised!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: