Quantcast Sea World? Suggestions/tips?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sea World? Suggestions/tips?

We would like to do Sea World on our next Florida trip. Does anyone have any good tips or suggestions regarding this park? Our DDs are 5 and 8 and they aren't too big on thrill rides, it would be more of the shows that we would go to see. How long do you think is needed in this park to see a lot. I was thinking like 5-6 hours for the day? No?
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Sea World... I would just grab a map and map out what it is you want to do. The park is big and a lot of walking.
    I would really recommend doing the Dolphin feeding and then take it from there. We used to love the shamu show, but since the trainers aren't allowed in the water anymore and they didn’t have the huge whale at the end splashing it got a little boring. They have a huge playground with smaller rides for little kids that are very nice. I would say 5-6 hours is plenty although we end up staying till closing every time

Dolphin show; awesome!!
    Sea Lion show: very funny
    Shamu show: ok, but a must see anyway
    Shark Encounter: very cool
    Artic: very cool
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think 5-6 hours would be enough for me. I would also look into some of the tours they have- we have done behind the scenes and the vip tour- both are well worth the money. The VIP is a little expensive but got a seat saved for some of the shows and got to feed the dolphins and the sting rays plus got a very good lunch included. The behind the scenes tour got us feeding the sea lions and petting a penguin which was really cool. I too would look to see what they have to offer and plan from there. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you see Pets Ahoy ,it will blow you away .They train stray animals and i just cant believe that they have managed to train cats !!!
    The Clive and Seymour show are a must ,but beware of the mime artist if he picks on you ( he is hilarious ) The dolphin show is spectacular and of course Shamu .
    If you get a chance try and dine at Shark reef as well ...

Have a great time
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. We won't be doing any tours, just the shows and maybe some kiddie rides. I was thinking Pets Ahoy, Shamu show, dolphin show, and some of the exhibits (penguin, etc). Would there be enough time to do all of that if we got there at 9am and stayed til 4pm?
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what days are best to go to Sea World to avoid big crowds? What days to avoid?
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    Does anyone know what days are best to go to Sea World to avoid big crowds? What days to avoid?
    Best days are midweek ,stay clear of the weekend
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We gave up on Sea World a few years ago. We miss the tratiners no longer going into the water at the Shamu show, and that they stopped the water ski shows.
    But if you do go, the free discount books available at many restaurants have discount coupons. There is also a discount for AAA members.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Some shows are only held once per day, so you have to plan around them.
    Arrive early to catch all of the mime show at Clyde and Seymour.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

The shows are usually set up so you can start at one and work your way around to all of them in order however this can get quite boring since all you are doing is sitting around watching shows. I would suggest taking your time and see where the day takes you. Limiting yourself to a set amount of time seems silly to me because you might end up feeling rushed and missing some of the smaller gems around the park.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I say 9-4pm as I know that is probably how long our little ones will last before they need a break and want to go back to resort. Do you have to buy the tickets ahead of time to get a good discount? If I have AAA, do I buy the tickets online or from AAA. Also, do I have to buy the tickets for a specific day and only use them for that day?
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

We belong to AAA but I found the online tickets on the Sea World site were cheaper and you get a second day free. You have to go to a certain place to get your next day's tickets. The tickets are good for one year from date of purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

So you could buy the tickets a month in advance and use them whatever day you choose?
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

look into buying a "fun card" ticket. its a whole year (similar to an AP, without parking inc) for something like $84. since it's what, $81 for a single day its hard to beat that deal, basically every other day of the year would be free, minus parking, after 3 trips an annual pass (which inc parking) would be a better deal.
    when we go its with two kids age 9 & 4. we take the whole day 9/10-6 just to do the shows, and a few kiddie rides. its a great park, enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Some shows are only held once per day, so you have to plan around them.
    :
    Which shows only usually run once a day? Do they have this info on their website?
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    Which shows only usually run once a day? Do they have this info on their website?
    The schedule is posted. Do a search for "seaworld orlando show schedule". Today, for example, the Call of the Ocean show is only held once and the One Ocean show twice.

They may add shows in peak seasons.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestinos for dining as Sea World? We don't want to do the expensive dining like "with Shamu" etc, just some counter service for lunch. Any recommendations?
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how long most of the shows at Sea World run? I am trying to plan for our visit but it only gives show times. I want to make sure we have enough time to get to the shows we want to see. Is this info listed anywhere?
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the shows are abou 30 to 40 min. The main thing I recommend is doing the dolphin feeding! It's 7$ per person and worth it! It's amazing! Also if you do it do it first thing in the morning when the park opens if not you will be in line waiting for over and or if not more. We spent about 8 hours there and still did not do and see everything. My only complaint is that the food is over priced and not good.
    "Pudge controls the weather" -Lilo

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, my oldest was 6.5 years old. He could have easily spent two days there. My middle child was almost 4 and getting at rope drop and leaving right before dinner time was perfect for her. (However, I should probably add that we did 7 different parks over 8 days with only one break day and SW was our last park. So, I think that had something to do with the middle child not lasting as long).

Are your kids climbers? My oldest would spend hours on the giant climbing nets if we let him! He loves the shows as well.

We did decide to do dine with shamu our last SW trip. We've never done any character meals at disney or any special meals anywhere due to cost. But the Dine with Shamu was very much worth it. Our oldest still talks about it, two years later. However, that was also before the show had to be shut down so I'm not sure how the changes will effect it.

Another tip is to head right over to the dolphin feedings right when you get there. We had an amazing viewing of the dolphins and of others feeding them. We opted not to feed them - saved money and kids didn't want to- and were right up next to the dolphins anyway! My oldest does want to feed them on the next trip, so he'll be doing that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: