Quantcast What keeps you coming back to WDW theme parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: What is the "one big thing" that keeps you coming back to WDW?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • I (my family) prefer their rides to the rides of other theme parks

4 3.10%
  • The ease of complimentary transportation (airport, lodging, parks, shopping)

1 0.78%
  • The overall quality of customer service.

1 0.78%
  • Multiple options for recreation, lodging, shopping, entertainment and dining.

15 11.63%
  • Sentimentalism and Familiarity (wonderful memories and a high degree of comfort with the resort)

30 23.26%
  • The completely immersive Disney experience

75 58.14%
  • None of the above (please list in a post)

3 2.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What keeps you coming back to WDW theme parks?

The recent threads concerning Avatar and the "Disney Wow Factor" caused me to stop and give a little thought as to what the "big thing" is that keeps our family coming back to WDW year after year. The rides/attractions were what drew us there the first time, but our reasons for coming back have changed with the passing of time. For us its now actually more of a familiarity/sentimental thing based upon the treasure trove of family memories we have "stored away" there over the years. Just wondering what the "big thing" is that keep others coming back.

(by the way, I purposefully left out the option of an "all of the above" answer...if your answer is multiple options, just pick the one that is most important to you)
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good question, tough answer

I'm finding it tough to pick just one.

1. My kids love the rides.
    2. I hate driving on vacation.
    3. The parks are beautiful, the queues are wonderful.
    4. Wonderful service.
    5. Excellent family time.
    6. The "outside" world ceases to exist for me while I'm there.

I guess to sum up all our reasons I'd pick sentimental favourite. We have great memories and each trip we make more. You can't top that.
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, difficult to pick just one. It's a combination of so many things. But the main thing, if I had to choose, is the immersive experience. I love being surrounded by the magic, away from real world troubles, in a way that I haven't been at any other vacation place. The transportation is a part of that- I don't have to drive anywhere, and we stay onsite so outside traffic doesn't creep in as a hassle(slightly more on buses, but still- I am not driving). Also, having so many things to do and still feeling like we're in that magical Disney bubble- it keeps me coming back.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It is the one place where ALL ages can enjoy. You can take 3 generations and all can find something that will interest them. You can avoid the "thrill" rides and still have things to do. You can interact with beloved characters. Once you are there (provided you are staying on site) you are there!

Its ALL good!
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I think the main thing that keeps my family coming back are all the different options. At this point in time we actually look forward to the resorts and restaurants as much as, if not more than, the parks. We love trying new resorts, and eating at new places. We still have a long list of restaurants we haven't tried and a good number of resorts we've not yet stayed in. WDW is the one destination that we can go to again and again, yet have a completely different experience each and every time depending on which resort we stay in, where we eat, and what "non park" extras we do on each trip. We try to plan something "new" for each trip. Sometimes its a new party, like MNSSHP, or renting the sea raycers, trying a dinner show, we'd like to see Cirque one day. So many guests just concentrate on the parks, but for us that's just a small portion of the overall experience. There are still so many things we have yet to do, and that's what keeps my family coming back again and again.

I have to say that your "Sentimentalism and Familiarity " option would be my second reason. Its the place we feel the most comfortable and have the most family memories from. We've vacationed in many other locations, but without a doubt, WDW is the place we enjoy the most. We are spending our first Christmas in WDW this year. Just the other day on the way to school my youngest said to me "Mom, its about time we spend Christmas at our other home".
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

It was a pretty difficult question because all the answers apply to me. I think variety is the real reason though, because WDW really feels like multiple vacations rolled into one.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I chose sentimental memories.Went as a kid and have been taking my kid since he was 2. Hope when he has kids he'll take them and say,"My Dad brought me here when I was a kid and I hope you fall in love with Disney World like I did." I fell for Disney in 1967 when The Jungle Book came out,I was 2 then.I've been crazy for Walt and his stories ever since.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Having to choose, it's the completely immersive experience. But really, it's parts of all of the things mentioned plus, our balcony at the PolynesIan is one of two places ( other than our house ) where we feel a type of peace and calm we get nowhere else. Sitting there with a drink, something to snack on,and looking at the activity in the lagoon or the fireworks is bliss.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree - several of the options ring true, but in my own DH's words - Disney is a complete and total escape from reality! Its a place where we can all go and escape our everyday lives. We don't have to drive, cook or really worry about much of anything other than maybe what ride to go on next! The characters, colors, sights and sounds make all of us feel like kids again and I don't know of any other place that does that! It really is a magical world! One that I can't wait to get back to!!

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a Disney thing, if you don't get it, you just won't understand even if i could explain it.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Other = DVC... Mostly locked in to a visit every so often. Purchased during better times.

Post Thanks / Like

The magic! Its hard to explain but we love Disney and visit every year! On our last trip (last week) it was our last night at MK and wishes was going on. I looked down at my middle son and he was crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said he wasn't ready to leave Disney world and wanted to stay there forever! It brought tears to my eyes and we started crying together because I felt the same way! We already have a countdown until our next trip. I can't explain it but for those of you who are true Disney fans you understand.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I wish there had been an option for "All of the above"! For us it's all of those things! The attractions are second to none in my book, Disney does themeing like no other! From the attractions, the resorts, shopping, dining, you name it! We are like a different family when we're in WDW, the best of who we are & it is very sentimental to me. When we start talking vacation, my DS's now assume we're going to WDW! For me, there really isn't one thing, it's all of those things that keep us coming back & loving every minute!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    It's a Disney thing, if you don't get it, you just won't understand even if i could explain it.
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say it is the total experience for us. As compared to other parks, DW is cleaner, the CMs are much nicer, and the ride theams are better.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

I went with Completely Immersive Disney Exp because it essentially covers the every answer above it. I love all the things listed, and I consider it a Disney experience to get it all at the same time.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Like some others,picking only one reason is a toughie...it's the whole experience that keeps me coming back.

Post Thanks / Like

Multiple options is exactly the main thing that keeps us going back. I would also add that age is so unimportant. Young and not so young can enjoy Disney because of all there is to do. It is really an amazing place.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely thread by the way

I went for the multiple options...
    WDW and the other parks in general are such a great place to visit ,being from the UK the shopping is also a great plus with the $ against the £ .The weather and the driving,beaches is also a plus as well . I wouldnt want to go anywhere else
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

It's my happy place ! People ask me that question all the time. They tell me it's the same thing I did last year. Disney is so much more that just a "Theme Park". My answer back to them is "Why do you go to the beach every year?" Beach is the same thing year after year as well. We just love the whole package Disney has to offer.
    Scrappy

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: