Quantcast Fifth Annual Walt Disney World Moms Panel Search - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First timer

Hi everyone!
    I'm a first timer applying to the moms panel. Does anyone know the time frame of which they let you know if you made it to the next round? It said they will email you in November, but is that only for the finalists considering the meeting is in December? Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Just my 2 cents, but I don't understand how a single man (or woman) can be on a "Mom's" panel. It's just weird.
    What if the single woman was a mom?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    What if the single woman was a mom?
    Okay, smarty pants.

I shouldn't have even said "single". I should have said "childless". My bad.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I was just trying to tactfully correct you before an irate single mom lashed out at you.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Natalie, I disagree with you. So, just because some woman decides to give birth or adopt, her knowledge for planning a WDW vacation is more valuable than mine, Jeff (Scar or JPL), Jason, Michael, Mikki, or any other person who does not have kids for whatever reason? Just look at the number of moderators who do not have kids and i may have missed a few!

There are other groups that vacation at WDW. Lest anyone forget, WDW has been one of the top honeymoon destinations for many years and many honeymooners want to do things besides the stuff that is geared to families.
    Last edited by Hammer; 09-16-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    There are other groups that vacation at WDW. Lest anyone forget, WDW has been one of the top honeymoon destinations for many years and many honeymooners want to do things besides the stuff that is geared to families.
    THAT is exactly what I tell people when they ask, "WHAT? You are going THERE AGAIN!?!?!?!"

Each trip is different for us (we do have kids now though). Even with the kids.....times change and what used to be cute and a must do is not any longer "cool" to do. Without kids is a totally different ballgame, but just as fun.

I guess I should have said -- Disney is a place for "kids" of ALL ages.....even "old" kids!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Sorry, Natalie, I disagree with you. So, just because some woman decides to give birth or adopt, her knowledge for planning a WDW vacation is more valuable than mine, Jeff (Scar or JPL), Jason, Michael, Mikki, or any other person who does not have kids for whatever reason? Just look at the number of moderators who do not have kids and i may have missed a few!

Oh, Christine, I think you misunderstood my point. I totally agree with you! I think there are people of all types who are stellar WDW vacation planners.

My beef is with the fact that Disney calls it the MOMS PANEL. If it was called anything else (besides maybe the Disney DADS Panel), it would be fine. I have an issue that Disney originally marketed it as a panel full of MOMS, and it's now just a panel for anyone who fits the bill of having visited WDW in the past 12 months (which, to be frank, puts an unreasonable restriction on eligibility, IMO).

They need to change the name. Or change the eligibility requirements. Or both.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely think Christine misunderstood.

Change the name!!!! It makes no sense.

The 12 month thing isn't new this year. I remember answering that question when I applied a few years back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    The 12 month thing isn't new this year. I remember answering that question when I applied a few years back.
    Yeah, I know, but I think that's a pretty harsh requirement. What if you went 14 months ago? Or 13? Does it make you more of an expert if you went within the past 12 months, even if you've gone, perhaps 20 times?

I sort of feel like they should ask you how many times you've visited in the past 10 years, and then leave it up to them to decide what number of trips would qualify you as an "expert".
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know, but I think that's a pretty harsh requirement. What if you went 14 months ago? Or 13? Does it make you more of an expert if you went within the past 12 months, even if you've gone, perhaps 20 times?
    This is my worry.. I went last year, from Sept 9-12. I entered my application on Sept 12th this year, the 1st day they could be accepted. I came JUST within the year period, but only on the 1st day. I hope it still counts. If not, that's pretty petty!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McLiberal8 View Post
    This is my worry.. I went last year, from Sept 9-12. I entered my application on Sept 12th this year, the 1st day they could be accepted. I came JUST within the year period, but only on the 1st day. I hope it still counts. If not, that's pretty petty!
    I think you'll be okay. But barely! See, I think it's so weird that they are so picky about this part of it, but not picky about actually having to be a mother, for the MOMS Panel. Just sort of backwards...
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious if anyone who applied this year made it? I applied but got my reject email a week or so ago. I'm really curious as to what they look for. I've been going about every 18 months since they opened in 1971. I help friends and family plan trips. I have children that range in ages from 7-19. I've gone pregnant, with infants and elderly relatives. I've chaperoned school trips. I thought I'd be at least worth a second look.
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this thread for more current postings. Quite a few INTERCOTees made it to round 2. Waiting for notification of those who are going on to round 3 any day now.

Post Thanks / Like

I really wish that they would do a Disneyland panel. We really can't do annual trips to Disneyworld, so there is no way I'd ever get picked to be on a WDW panel.

Good luck to all the Intercotee's that made it to round 2.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I got my reject letter a couple weeks ago as well.
    I do remember the first year when I got a package with a mousepad, giant magnet, pins and stickers, just for applying. I still have all that stuff and use my Micky Moms Club mousepad every day!
    I'm guessing that they named it that because wasn't the original intent to be for Moms sharing info about the park with other Moms on stuff like baby care centres, rider switch, etc. -- stuff that maybe families coming to Disney for the first time would be interested in knowing. Granted, Dads like to know this stuff too so I understand the need for a name change! But I never thought of it as a weird competition of "who knows more about Disney World". I just thought it was an information sharing/opinion collecting thing between families, at least at the start.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Default finger nails can't take it

So what was the time frame for round 3 to be notified? I made it to round 2 this year and everytime the phone rings or a disney marketing email hits my iphone I jump
    ---
    Ghasty, Disney Cast Member Wannabe

Post Thanks / Like

Round three has been notified... the new panel members have already been selected (& notified). No, I'm not one of them... but just thought I'd update.

--
    Brian Davis

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: