Quantcast Help????

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Help????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help????

DW and I are wondering. If we are staying at POFQ and have a 7:30 breakfast reservation at Kona, can we drive to the poly and park, eat breakfast and then take the monorail from the poly to the MK, and then come back for car later?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have never done this before myself but I think I remember seeing a posting here before about your question.

I think it can be done, but I am sure that someone with more experience will come along with all of the correct information.

Have a great trip.
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

No. You are allowed 3 hours parking at a resort for an ADR, but then you must move your vehicle. Otherwise they'd have lots of folks taking up the spaces of the resort guests.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

No, absolutely not... you can park 3 hours max for a dining ressie. The deluxe resorts all have signs telling you that they can NOT provide theme park parking. Their lots are for guests who are staying or dining there. TTC is so close, why would you even bother to break the rules and risk being towed (yes, it happens). You can park at TTC and walk or ride to Ploy; or park at TTC after breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like

You can park at the Ticket-Transportation-Center (TTC) which is right next to the Poly. Walk over to Kona, then hop monorail to MK. You cannot park at Poly, but the TTC is for all day parking and is so close to Poly, that works just fine. Enjoy!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

...and guests staying at the resorts get free parking at the theme parks, so there is no reason to park at Poly when you can go directly to Magic Kingdom parking - which is located at the Transportation Ticket Center (TTC). As other posters stated, the TTC is within walking distance to the Poly.
    Feb 1990 - FW
    Oct 2000 - YC
    Sept 2001 - MK
    May 2002 - DL
    Sept 2004 - BW
    Dec 2004 - WL
    Feb 2005 - POFQ
    Oct 2007 - FW CABIN
    Dec 2008 - ASMov
    Oct 2009 - DVC Member!
    Jan 2010 - SSR
    Aug 2011 - BLT, Universal, BCV
    April 2012 - WL Villas
    Feb 2013 - Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree drive to TTC then take the monorail to
    the Poly. I would check on the bus route to the
    MK and see if you could make it without driving
    the car as you can take the monorail on to the
    Poly from MK then back to the MK. I never drive my car once I am there. It stays parked until I
    leave but then that is what I like to do. Have
    a fun time!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to add that the parking at the Poly is very limited. There have been several times that we couldn't find parking for an ADR. We've had to valet park because that was the only parking available. Its unfair to those who have an ADR to have to pay to valet park because other's have used that parking lot while at the parks. And for those guests actually staying at the Poly, especially not fair to them to not have a spot to park at their own resort. The parking lot is just not big enough to handle extra cars on top of paying guests and ADR guests.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

It is a very short and manageable walk from the TTC to the Poly. Its a great way to see more of the Poly and enjoy how beautiful and peaceful it is. You can either take the launch or Monorail from there to MK or walk back to the TTC for the Ferry or the Monorail from it. And it will be just as easy returning to your car at the end of your day.
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2011 & 2016 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you got your answer, so I'll just add that it's probably best to play it safe. You won't want the headache of getting your car towed.

Meanwhile, it sounds like you have a great day planned. A breakfast at the Poly before visiting the Magic Kingdom sounds like fun. I'll have to do that some day. No matter what route you take, enjoy yourself.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

well thanks to all. I was after all, just asking. It was not my plan to do that, it was just a ???. I believe I will park at TTC and walk to the poly, and after breakfast, then take the monorail to MK. Thanks for the Idea!! I asked so I would not break a rule.

Post Thanks / Like

All that being said I believe if you pay to Valet park there is no time limit as they park the cars in a seperate lot.
    Last edited by PharmD; 09-05-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Updating
    PharmD
    Off Property 76,82,92,97,98,99
    ASMov 5/00,1/02,9/03,1/06,12/03,8/08
    ASSports 12/01
    ASMus 3/02,7/02
    PopCe 4/04,5/04,10/05
    PORS 10/06,10/10
    CSR 10/09
    POFQ 11/11
    CB 6/12
    CB 5/13
    Disney Fantasy 10/15

Next Renewal of Magic:
    PopCe 8/16

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I somewhat disagree with what pp's are saying or they are answering for a specific scenario. If you park yourself, then they are probably correct about 3 hours. I do not know for certain. However, if you go to Valet, they will let you park as long as you want. We did this on a trip, told them we were going to MK right after breakfast, and picked the car up at 7PM (almost 12 hours later). They said it was fine and to enjoy the day. This may not be policy, but it was what our Valet told us.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: