Quantcast "Out of date' rides

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Out of date' rides

I was just listening to Sorcerer Radio, and they had the full ride audio for Ellen's Energy Adventure. I like the ride a lot, mainly because it has Bill Nye, who I watched on a daily basis when I was a kid, but I was thinking: I can imagine a lot of kids these days don't even know who he is, and Ellen looks very '90s' in the ride, also. When do you think they will update this ride? Or do you think it will be replaced in a few years? What other rides in your opinion (besides the classics, of course) seem outdated, and need a facelift/to be gone?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Ellen's Energy Adventure! I completely agree.

Star Tours used to be my #1 in need of replacing, but Energy Adventure has taken over that position.

The Backlot Tour at the Studios needs to be updated as well - it has SUCH potential. Ironically, I think the original version is much more interesting and relevant than what they've got going on now. The Pearl Harbor section especially has to go - it wasn't even that much of a hit and came out forever ago! I'd love them to keep it as a Backlot Tour, but really have interesting behind the scenes stuff!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

I love that ride.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Muppets 3d, PhilHarmagic.

I miss the old Lion King show, that was kinda like the Nemo show at Ak. Not a big fan of the current Lion King show.

Post Thanks / Like

UOE could use some sort of update to freshen it up since it has become a little boring to me. But I couldn't imagine it with new characters. Even though Bill Nye isn't very relevant now days, there's really no other person who could fill that slot. I mean there's really no educational shows out that you can even look at for a replacement. Elen's still pretty popular because of her show & I like her for the part anyway.

Backlot Tour definitely needs some major refreshment. I agree that the Pearl Harbor scene needs to be replaced but the attraction also needs a lot more excitement throughout the ride. Catastrophy Canyon just isn't cutting it.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree that many things at the Studios need updating. Backlot tour, Indiana Jones, Muppets. Unlike some though, I still love UOE. I think Innoventions needs updated for sure. The race track at MK is really something I associate with the long gone past.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tiki Room is very dated.
    It needs a complete new...

Oh.

Never mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Good points so far, and I'd add the entire Imagination Pavilion. Without changing anything about the amazing outside structure, they should gut the inside and "re-imagine" the attractions inside. Something as exciting, fun, and imaginative as Fantasmic (also Imagination themed) except in ride form. So long as they keep Figment...
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Ellen Energy Ride
    Backlot Tour
    Great Movie Ride

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I know its a classic,but over the years Ive gotten a bit weary of the same scipt and jokes on Jungle Cruise.Id like to see it changed to Jungle Book Cruise with the characters and great songs from that film added
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds Dangerous...

Hands down the worst attraction in WDW. A total waste of space.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Imagination needs an update. With technology advancing so much in the almost 30 years since EPCOT opened, it could be amazing. I agree with keeping Figment a part of it. Last summer 2 of my cousins came for a visit and we were in EPCOT for a day. As we were getting off of Maelstorm one of cousins pointed out that a lot of the rides in the park were "corny" but they were fun to go on anyway. He was totally right and I had to laugh at how dead on he was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Good points so far, and I'd add the entire Imagination Pavilion. Without changing anything about the amazing outside structure, they should gut the inside and "re-imagine" the attractions inside. Something as exciting, fun, and imaginative as Fantasmic (also Imagination themed) except in ride form. So long as they keep Figment...
    Couldn't agree more!

Although, I vote for Muppets to stay exactly the same (maybe just digitizing/cleaning up the film, as I've heard rumored). It was the final project Jim Henson created. It's classic Muppets and I think the humor and imagination still stand the test of time. So much in fact, I kinda feel like Philharmagic copied with the whole Donald Duck animatronic at the back of the theater at the end (Swedish Chef!). If they changed the Muppets, I think there would be a LARGE number of angry Muppet fans. I do strongly support them sprucing up the surrounding area and gift shop, however. I'd love to see the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beeker robot brought into the Studios!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    I vote for Muppets to stay exactly the same (maybe just digitizing/cleaning up the film, as I've heard rumored).
    Muppets 3D stopped using film in 2010.

It's a fully-clean digital projection system now.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be cleaned up, but still needs some work. Maybe improve the theater effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    Couldn't agree more!

Although, I vote for Muppets to stay exactly the same (maybe just digitizing/cleaning up the film, as I've heard rumored). It was the final project Jim Henson created. It's classic Muppets and I think the humor and imagination still stand the test of time. So much in fact, I kinda feel like Philharmagic copied with the whole Donald Duck animatronic at the back of the theater at the end (Swedish Chef!). If they changed the Muppets, I think there would be a LARGE number of angry Muppet fans. I do strongly support them sprucing up the surrounding area and gift shop, however. I'd love to see the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beeker robot brought into the Studios!
    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Might be cleaned up, but still needs some work. Maybe improve the theater effects.
    The theater effects definitely need to be fixed. Saw Muppet*Vision twice last week, the water effect didn't work at all one time, and the Swedish Chef was not in operation at all. I also think they could add some effects.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Sounds Dangerous...

Hands down the worst attraction in WDW. A total waste of space.

^like.

I wonder who imagineered that....and I hope his/her fellow imagineers razz him/her everday about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysBestPal View Post
    Muppets 3D stopped using film in 2010.

It's a fully-clean digital projection system now.
    Good to know. I haven't been since 2009. I knew it was on the roster of things "to do", but didn't realize it was completed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    ^like.

I wonder who imagineered that....and I hope his/her fellow imagineers razz him/her everday about it.

I feel the same way about Stitch. Just horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTY View Post
    Even though Bill Nye isn't very relevant now days, there's really no other person who could fill that slot. I mean there's really no educational shows out that you can even look at for a replacement. it.
    Universe of Energy with the Mythbusters!
    April 02, (off-site)
    June 02, (off-site)
    May 03, (off-site)
    Dec/Jan 03/04 (Hotel Royal Plaza/Wilderness Lodge)
    April 05 (off-site)
    Sept. 06 (Pop Century)
    February 08 (All-Star Movies)
    Sept 10 (Port Orleans Riverside)
    March 12 (Day Trip)
    August 13 (Pop Century)
    March 15 (Pop Century)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: