Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - September 30-Oct 16, 2011 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppysmom View Post
    plus we won't be there until 27 Sept anyway......a long time in weather speak!
    You got that right! 2 whole weeks? Might as well ask me to predict this year's Super Bowl winner 3 years in advance.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chris. Thanks for the updates!

I'm wondering how thing appear in the Gulf for next week. We're coming to WDW from DL by way of Texas, so I am hoping there won't be any delays. Anything of concern brewing, or too early to tell?

Thanks for the forecasts - they are great kickoff to the vacation.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraF View Post
    I'm wondering how thing appear in the Gulf for next week. We're coming to WDW from DL by way of Texas, so I am hoping there won't be any delays. Anything of concern brewing, or too early to tell
    It's really too early to tell. However, this morning's models show a major hurricance hitting Tampa in the Sept 25-26 time frame which would mean a major impact for WDW. Nothing before then. though, which means you shouldn't have any issues with your arrival. I'm watching that carefully, too, since we'll be down next week. Right now it's pure voodoo and hopefully the afternoon models will show a different solution. I'll update around 2:30 or so this afternoon and we'll see what it shows then.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    It's really too early to tell. However, this morning's models show a major hurricance hitting Tampa in the Sept 25-26 time frame which would mean a major impact for WDW. Nothing before then. though. I'm watching that carefully, too, since we'll be down next week. Right now it's pure voodoo and hopefully the afternoon models will show a different solution. I'll update around 2:30 or so this afternoon and we'll see what it shows then.
    I hope it shows something different too! We're flying in on the 28th.
    Tricia
    Disney crazed wife to Todd
    Mom to Anthony 16 and Maggie 9

Beach Club - November '13
    Villas @ WL - June '12
    BLT - September '11
    Poly - September '10
    AKL - February '10
    POFQ - September '08
    Off property - October '04
    POR - September '01
    off property many times since '78

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! I hope the models are wrong and nothing develops. We will be at WDW 9/24 to 9/30 staying in the Cabins (which I believe would be evacuated during a hurricane). I will be traveling with my 2 (high functioning) autistic kids and my mom (who is being treated for cancer right now). A little rain we can handle, but I don't really want to experience the stress of a major storm while on vacation! Will keep checking back for more updates.
    Many visits from 1973 to 1998 - Off site
    9/2000: Polynesian (Honeymoon)
    10/2001: POR (Mansions)
    10/2003: POR (Mansions)
    11/2004: Polynesian
    8/2008: POR (Alligator Bayou) *Twin sons 1st visit*
    5/2009: Wilderness Lodge
    11/2009: POFQ
    11/2010: POFQ
    9/11: Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

I took today's forecast with several grains of salt as you suggested......now I just have SALTY NERVES!!!

Seriously though.....I'm not worrying yet.....
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppysmom View Post
    I took today's forecast with several grains of salt as you suggested......now I just have SALTY NERVES!!!
    I definitely understand! I'll keep you posted as things go. We have to have a storm develop before it becomes an actual concern.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Do not panic...do not panic...do not panic...
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

As always, I'll give a full update this afternoon, but just so you know the morning models now show the storm moving over south Florida as a minimal hurricane on Sept 28 which would be very little impact on WDW. That's why I say don't panic. The models will give different looks all the time. Until a system actually forms, there's nothing to worry about.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote: "Saturday through Thursday highs will run 88-90 with lows 70-72 and a 45% chance of a sea breeze thunderstorm in the afternoon."

We're arriving Sunday morning for a week long stay, so this forecast is PERFECTION. Thanks for all of your updates. *cannnot wait*
    2002: Off-site
    2006: CBR
    2009: POR
    2009: DL - Paradise Pier
    2011: POR
    2012: DL - DL Hotel
    2013: Contemporary
    2015: POR
    2016: POR
    2018: Contemporary

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chris, I just wanted to say thanks for all of your updates when we were heading to WDW as Irene was approaching. I know I was a nervous wreck, mostly cause I didn't want our flights to be messed up as they were back in feb. Your constant, informative and reassuring updates really, really helped me in the week leading up to our trip. Next year I will remember to count everything as voodoo until storms are right on the doorstep, as Irene went from a direct hit on WDW to providing us with possibly the nicest day of our vacation in a matter of 4 days! Thanks
    Also wanted to add that from where I live now, Hurricane Maria is 2 hours away from hitting us. Therefore I will have experienced 2 hurricanes at home and 0 at WDW. its moving at 85km/h! is that like really super fast? we're being told that this will significantly lower rainfall amounts (expected to be 60-90 mm)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    Also wanted to add that from where I live now, Hurricane Maria is 2 hours away from hitting us. Therefore I will have experienced 2 hurricanes at home and 0 at WDW. its moving at 85km/h! is that like really super fast? we're being told that this will significantly lower rainfall amounts (expected to be 60-90 mm)
    I'm glad to help and glad everything turned out so well for you. Be safe during Maria! Yes, that is a fast mover. Maria is definitely degrading this morning and hopefully won't be too bad for you in terms of wind and rainfall. I'll be praying for a good outcome.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

its actually "impact" time now, and its a beautiful blue sky, no rain, no wind, strange

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    its actually "impact" time now, and its a beautiful blue sky, no rain, no wind, strange
    She slowed a little bit. The good news, though, is that she should pass near Cape Race, which means almost all of Newfoundland will be on the western (good) side of the storm. With Maria continuing to fall apart, I think only the eastern half of the island will experience tropical storm force winds and only the area immediately around Cape Race might experience hurricane force gusts (not sustained).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Here We Come!

Thanks Chris for our GREAT Forecast! We leave Carolina in 4 days and 19 hours for WDW.
    High 80's and FL thunderstorms are good for us.
    Going in September, we've dodged TS before. We always get ant-cee getting so close to "our" week.
    Thanks again for all your reports and updates.

Steamboat Willy
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you have a great trip! Heading down in two days myself.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Another "Thank you!" from me! I've only been on Intercot for the previous trip and this one, and it's so exciting when your forecasts start to overlap our trip dates. We're going end of Sept./beginning of Oct.

Quick question, what do they do at the waterparks if a thunderstorm rolls through? I'm assuming they'd get everyone out of the water, but do people stay and wait it out or do they close the park?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Quick question, what do they do at the waterparks if a thunderstorm rolls through? I'm assuming they'd get everyone out of the water, but do people stay and wait it out or do they close the park?
    They pull you out of the water until lightning is outside the 6 mile limit. When a thunderstorm approaches you can probably expect about an hour closure. The thunderstorms don't last too long, but they have to wait until there is no lightning close.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful trip to the World, Chris and thank you so much for all you do for us reporting the weather.

We are trying to get all packed here, we will be arriving on Thursday.

Thanks again.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip Carrie! Maybe I'll run into you down there.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: