Quantcast Getting locked in Magic Kingdom for the night

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting locked in Magic Kingdom for the night

I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about the movie "Magic Kingdom" where a family gets locked in MK for the night....I was wondering, if my family were to get locked in MK for the night, what would we do....

Lets take all of the logic out of this...because once the park closes, its not like you'd actually be alone...so just say, we're in a magical land and this is possible....after all....this is The Magic Kingdom we are talking about!!

I would have to start off with Splash Mountain, this is my most favorite ride in Disney....to be able to ride this then hop out and run straight back up....that'd be sweet...........
    1995 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2002 All Star Sports
    2004 CBR
    2008 Wilderness Lodge and Coronado
    2009 Pop
    2011 Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo, I would ride everything and save Haunted Mansion for last...I would spend the rest of the night exploring the mansion.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

So in a magical world where you are there truly alone but everything still works, I'd try to ride but I'd rather use the time to explore some of the attractions like PoTC and Haunted Mansion a little further. I want to take a look at the parts of the attractions and the backstage places that are off limits to the general public. I'd also be sure to take a look at the Castle suite.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely be behind the scenes on all the rides to see what they are like.

I'd ride Space Mtn with the lights on.

I'd try the rides without any of the sound tracks.

But most of all I'd ride Peter Pan without getting off. There's always a long wait and the thought of being able to ride it again and again would be fun.

Finally, when I got tired I go to sleep in the Castle.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I would start my night by flying over MK like Tink does right before the fireworks! What a view that would be!

Post Thanks / Like

I would take an hour for each of the six lands and explore them, riding the more detailed rides over and over to absorb the small stuff that is easy to miss. Also, I'd set aside some time for a midnight snack at the bakery!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

After exploring on foot Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates, I'd rush over to Swiss Family Tree House and head into the Captain's Quarters. Once there, I'd stare at the stars for a few minutes and then fall asleep. Just a personal dream of mine. Yes,yes, I'd put on bug spray before.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmshelton1979 View Post

I would have to start off with Splash Mountain, this is my most favorite ride in Disney....to be able to ride this then hop out and run straight back up....that'd be sweet...........
    I guess I wouldnt have to get off the ride if my family were the only ones there lol
    1995 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2002 All Star Sports
    2004 CBR
    2008 Wilderness Lodge and Coronado
    2009 Pop
    2011 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be taking a video of all the attractions b/c I wouldn't have to worry about getting told that I couldn't. After that I'd take a walk-through of certain attractions, namely POTC, HM, Splash Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventure, Winnie The Pooh and CoP and take still shots of many of the scenes but of course at a much closer angle. Finally, I'd end it all at the castle and going up into the suite.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

There are SO many things I would do! After riding the mountains multiple times I would fill up on Dole Whips and goodies from the bakery. I'd take tons of pictures without worring about the crowds around me I'd get first dibs on fast passes for the coming day. I wouldn't want to sleep and waste any time in the parks, but if I couldn't make it I'd nap on a bench in the Crystal Palace so I could get breakfast in the morning.
    Alice
    Disney Junkie and vacation planner
    10 trips and counting
    Next up June '14 very quick trip :)

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely be checking out the behind the scenes stuff. I would also sneak my way into the castle's dream suit!
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably "borrow" some dole whip and then curl up next to Rover on CoP and fall asleep...haha.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a walk through type of gal...I would want to go behind the scenes and figure out just where everything fits...and where they store the ride vehicles...

Would like to walk around the space mountain base to see the basketball court.

And best of all, would get a behind the scene look at the new additions going up in Fantasyland.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

If this idea is appealing to you then you should read the kingdom keepers series.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmshelton1979 View Post
    . . . I was wondering, if my family were to get locked in MK for the night, what would we do . . .
    Maybe get arrested?
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great question.
    I would want to ride some rides for sure. I would want to ride Peter Pan, Dumbo, and Winnie the Pooh because I hardly ever ride those because of the long lines. I'd love to sneak around & see what's going on behind the wall in Fantasyland expansion. I think it would be fun to ride Space Mt. with the lights on like a previous poster said - that would be something different! I think it would be lots of fun to be able to walk around & take lots of pictures without tons of people I don't know in the background. I'd have to have a Mickey Ice Cream Bar and some fudge from the candy store on main street. Then right before the sun comes up it would be time for me to go up into Cinderella's suite so I could sleep until about noon!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to walk around the space mountain base to see the basketball court.
    It's not at WDW's - or even Disneyland's - Space Mountain The "basketball court" is only a half-court, and it's in the "attic" of the Matterhorn at Disneyland in California Not really much to see at WDW's Space except maybe walk around the track area with the lights on, to see really *how tight* the two tracks fit together.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to explore the castle more. Like the behind the scenes stuff. I would also like to see the tunnels that run underground and how they look/operate. Of course I would ride POC over and over again without having to get off.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c&d View Post
    I'd definitely be behind the scenes on all the rides to see what they are like.

I'd ride Space Mtn with the lights on.

I'd try the rides without any of the sound tracks.

But most of all I'd ride Peter Pan without getting off. There's always a long wait and the thought of being able to ride it again and again would be fun.

Finally, when I got tired I go to sleep in the Castle.
    I've actually ridden Space Mountain with the lights on(about halfway through they got turned on, never found out why) and it actually is no fun. Without it being dark its just another roller coaster.

Post Thanks / Like

I would change the Casey's hot dogs back to they way they used to be. I would like to explore all over underneath the MK and check out the suite in the castle.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: