Quantcast Trip report Sept. 4-9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Trip report Sept. 4-9

I posted a brief summary about low crowds and our dining results last Sunday. This report is a little more detailed.

Both are boys are now in college so it was just my DW (54) and me (51). We stayed the first two nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge and then moved to All Star Music. AKL was awesome and if you love animals, go check it out. We were actually in the villas but I don't think it matters where you are. This was my wife's first time at a Disney budget hotel. Other than us sleeping in separate beds as I'm 6'4" and the double beds were small, this was a perfectly good option and I would recommend ASMu to anyone considering it.

CM's were all in good moods and we have nothing but good things to report. I'm sure the low crowds helped keep them in a good mood as well. Not only CM's, but every other WDW guest we talked to was very friendly as well. Weather was warm but not bad for this time of year.

Crowds-- oh my gosh I can't tell you how much we enjoyed low crowds. Here are some examples. Our normal first park is DHS to ride ToT, and I wanted to try the new Star Tours ride. Both had waits of about 5 minutes around 4-5pm on Sunday. On Monday morning (Labor Day) we got in to EMH only 7 minutes until 10am, but road EE twice with no wait whatsoever. I went back and did it a 3rd time later. No wait for Dino or KS, or anything at AK. We walked on to KS at 1pm without stopping-- straight onto the car. Had to wait a minute for giraffes crossing in front of us later.

On Wednesday morning we were back at DHS. At 11:10am-- I know because that was my Fastpass time-- I walked through the line for ToT by myself. There was not one person in either the standby or Fastpass line. I walked in and asked the CM if I was going to ride the ride by myself, but she assured me I would not. There ended up being 15 people in the entry room vs. 40-50 we normally have.

On Thursday Soarin had a 30 minute standby time in late afternoon and there were still FP available. We went to the single rider line for TT and they put us right on and in the same car next to each other. The entire trip was like this.

A couple of other comments-- the Memories and You show on the castle is not to be missed. We arrived for the fireworks and I forgot about the pre-show, which was better than the fireworks. We returned the next night for it as well.

Overall, it was a great trip. The only exception would be that we spent so little time in lines that my wife had plenty of time to shop, so we ended up a little over budget. I'll have to work on that for next trip. But I can't recommend enough Labor Day week if you don't have kids in school. Thanks for reading.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report, Thanks for sharing!! Hard to imagine someone elses trip report made me smile, but it did. We leave Monday for 5 days for my 40th Birthday. We won't have the kids, but I am hoping the low crowds will be the icing on the cake for converting my Wife into a die-hard WDW nut like myself. I love to hear reports of walking onto rides, and I know what you mean about the shopping with my Wife too! I remember another trip I took during Sept and the one thing I remembered about the light crowds was not being ablr to soak in all the ride queues, but hey, with no crowds, just walk slow, ride it again and again and you can always let people pass you up in line! Thanks again for the great report!!!
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, glad you got to ride everything without long waits

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

You can't beat the lines (or lack thereof) that you experienced! I've never heard of a non-existent line at Toy Story Mania!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Mark we were there at the same time and I think we were at AK the same day! Glad you had such a good trip!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: