Quantcast TeamBricker's Amazing WDW Trip -- Part 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default TeamBricker's Amazing WDW Trip -- Part 1

Well, we made it! And we are sort of recovered!

Who's Who?
    Me - N (Age withheld )
    DH - A
    DS1 - K, 6yo
    DS2 - T, 4yo

Details:
    Marriott, Beach Club, Marriott
    August 18th-27th

After packing our bags until well after 11pm the night before, DH and I woke up at 3am to get ready and load up the car. The little boys slept until about a quarter to 4 and when we woke them, they were up up and at 'em! We had breakfast in the car as we headed to ORD.

This was the first time that we haven't parked at DH's office or the economy lot. We used an off site place which was $8/day with drop off and pick up. It worked out so much easier than we had anticipated... we will be parking there from now on!

Our bags checked and to security in less than 15 minutes. DS#1 was chosen for a pat down... YIKES! I took DS#2 to get his shoes on while DH waited for #1... We were a bit worried, but since he's only 6yo, they just wiped down his hands and tested them. The TSA never touched him in any other way.

While the boys waited at the gate (we flew standby and had to listen for our names), I got some coffee and gum. Then we waited. The nice part of flying stand by is that United has monitors showing where you are on the list. We were further down than anticipated, but we waited and out names were called. We ended up all sitting together! The boys in one row and I got the seat across the isle. Nice!

Once we got to MCO, we ate lunch at McDonalds. Little did we know, that there is no longer McDonald's fries in the parks or anything at DTD... I was already concerned with how DS#2 would manage with the food. He has Autism and has such sensory issues that food changes are hard to manage. Luckily, we brought plenty of food from home.

After we took pictures in the airport, we called the Marriott for the shuttle. It was prompt and quick. We were checked in right away and off to see the pool. It was salt water and the boys all had fun. We walked over to Hooters after for dinner. Originally, we were headed to Chili's, but it was SO HOT that we just went to the first place we could see. It was quiet, we got everything quickly and during dinner DS#2 fell asleep right at the table. So tired!

We went back and got ready for bed, watched movies, ate snacks, and went to bed. The next morning we got up and going by 9... we were all so excited! We loaded up and got back to the airport for DME. We borded straight away and were off... with out waiting! We stopped at PO, then Boardwalk, and finally BC!

When we checked in, we were told they would text us. I was doubtful that we would actually hear anything in a timely manner. We had pulled out our swim stuff just in case and headed over to EPCOT to get our tickets and the GAC for DS#2.

Getting everything settled was a breeze and in a few minutes we were heading into EPCOT. DS#1 was excited and #2 was NERVOUS. We went straight to JIYI to which both the little boys DID NOT WANT TO DO as #1 told us "Dragons are so lame". Whatever kid, you are going. So he did. Then we headed over to the Living Seas to see Nemo. The wait was nearly 30 minutes so we tried the GAC for the first time... What a life saver for #2! His anxiety was already running high and this helped bring him back from the edge of a meltdown.

After we rode Nemo, we headed to the Land to eat at sunshine seasons. The boys scarfed their Mac'n'Cheese. The noodles I got left something to be desired, but we were full. We went to the character meet... not expecting much as #2 has never liked characters. SHOCKER! HE LIKED THEM! We got some of the cutest pictures EVER of the two boys. Christmas card good

THEN WE GOT THE TEXT! I almost fell over... We headed to room 2616 and called for our luggage. We unpacked and got ready to go to the pool. Both boys were pretty hesitant. #1 talked us into getting him a life vest as #2 brought his with. We relaxed, swam, got our refillable mugs. After, we headed to MK!

We walked up Main St during the parade so we stopped to watch quick before heading over to Cosmic Rays. It was starting to look dark and I feared that we wouldn't find a seat. We ended up front and center! NICE!

After dinner we rode some rides! Buzz, Speedway, Peoplemover, Monsters Inc before heading back to the BC. So far the bus was ok, but would this last? We were hesitant. Being city people, we are use to getting on, standing close, but would the buses move quickly? Day 1 was okay.

The boys went to bed, and DH and I had beers on the balcony while we planned the next day. While looking over the area we spotted some construction equipment... No big deal. Or so we thought!

Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh oh! I hope that last sentence about the construction equipment wasn't an omen!

Your flights and first day went very well!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teambricker04 View Post
    they just wiped down his hands and tested them.:
    What does that mean? Wiped down his hands with what and tested them for what?
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever opted for the pat down? My DH and I always do. They give you a pat down and then use a wipe... sort of like what you get when you eat BBQ to wipe your hands. Then they take the wipe and the gloves they wear and test them at a nearby machine for chemicals. So for our son, they just did the wipe on his hands... Probably because they have to do something which seems silly since he's 6. I imagine a 6yo's hands are full of all sorts of stuff, but chemicals that the TSA is looking for is probably not one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! We were actually at the Beach Club for the first time on Aug. 17th and 18th. Sounds like we checked out when you checked in! I saw the construction, but our room overlooked the roof of a restaurant, I believe. We liked the resort, especially in the hot summer with the pool! Can't wait to read more.
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything was so far so good.

hope I am on the Christmas card list......
    Tracie

2014- October All Star Sports
    2013- April- POP
    October-POFQ
    2008- POP

Post Thanks / Like

Just from the title of your report, it sounds like it's going to be a lovely trip.

Glad the weather cooperated and you departed O'Hare in reasonable fashion, all seated together after the whole TSA screening thing. I guess if there is a bright spot, thank goodness they opted to screen DS1 and not DS2. We finally opted for Midway round trip this year due to the long delays we've experienced at ORD. You're on your way!

The Marriott sounds very accommodating for your first night. How convenient that they shuttled you back & forth so you could pick up DME. Great, too that your room was ready at such an early time. Bonus! On top of that, two parks in one day - what could be better?

I sure hope that the construction equipment sighted at BC isn't going to interrupt your trip. Looking forward to reading more about your family's adventures!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Great first days!!!

Everything went really smooth!

Thanks for reporting!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiggersgirl View Post
    Glad everything was so far so good.

hope I am on the Christmas card list......
    Yes dear sister! You are on my list You may even get a sneak preview!

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    Just from the title of your report, it sounds like it's going to be a lovely trip.

Glad the weather cooperated and you departed O'Hare in reasonable fashion, all seated together after the whole TSA screening thing. I guess if there is a bright spot, thank goodness they opted to screen DS1 and not DS2. We finally opted for Midway round trip this year due to the long delays we've experienced at ORD. You're on your way!

The Marriott sounds very accommodating for your first night. How convenient that they shuttled you back & forth so you could pick up DME. Great, too that your room was ready at such an early time. Bonus! On top of that, two parks in one day - what could be better?

I sure hope that the construction equipment sighted at BC isn't going to interrupt your trip. Looking forward to reading more about your family's adventures!
    I couldn't even imagine what would have happened if DS2 would have had the extra screaming... I mean screening!

I have been slow on writing my next part... time to get on it!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: