Quantcast Change of Heart :)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Change of Heart :)

What's one attraction or park you used to dislike that you gradually grew to appreciate or even love over time?

My attraction was Captain EO. I was so sick of all the hype over it that my friends had to practically drag me to see it. Now it's on my list of guilty pleasures, mostly because it's so bad that it's good. haha. I have to say the pre-show montage is my favorite part.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

For me, it was the fireworks...what was wrong w/ me?? Now 'Wishes' is an absolute must!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to think The Land was boring when I was younger - now it is one of my favorite rides!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would have to be Epcot... I think that had more to do with the fact that the first time I went to Epcot, DW was dragging me around on our Honeymoon and I was just flat out tired! and she was blowing through everything like an over caffinated tazmanian devil! After she realized that it was making me miserable and would possibly scar me from future trips...she slowed down, and once I got to stop and enjoy everything that is future world and World showcase, it is my favorite park now!
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

COP. My wife (then girlfriend) would go on twice per day we went to MK. As my appreciation for all the hidden magic & history of WDW grew I've come to really enjoy it. Now our trip wouldn't feel right at all if we didn't do it.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it was the 1st time through the CoP (1982) - I didn't full appreciate it until we went with family (2001) and I listened to my mother as she fondly remembered "riding" it at the NY World's Fair in 1964 along with IASM, and the People Mover in it's original form.

Now that my mother and father are no longer with us, I fully appreciate the experience and the memories that I can share with my daughter also, that her grandmother shared with me.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Spaceship Earth. I have myself on video from my honeymoon saying that it was boring. But I can't imagine a trip without it now.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Jungle Cruise. I grew up watching scenes from the Jungle Cruise ride on tv. When I finally got to Disney, I guess I had built up expectations about this ride and was quite disappointed at the reality. Over time, though, I've grown to appreciate this ride as well as all the corny jokes that are told. It's certainly a favorite of mine now!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Main Street...it used to be something we walked through on the way to the fun stuff...now it is something I truly enjoy.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Country Bear Jamboree. Didn't really dislike it, just didn't consider it a must-do. Of course, now we see it pretty much each time, if just for nostalgia. DD feels the same way as I used to, but I think she'll change her opinion as she gets older too.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Jungle Cruise. The first time I rode JC in 1998, I had enjoyed several great experiences with the live animals of Kilimanjaro Safaris, so the fake animals and corny jokes of JC seemed rather cheap to me. Having to wait over 30 minutes to ride didn't help matters, but I didn't enjoy the ride much. I was thinking, "What is this?"

It wasn't until learning about the history, back story, and started to accept the jokes as being intentionally corny, I started to like this classic WDW attraction.

Now I LOVE it!

And remember...Ginger Snaps!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say the parades. I would always run to one of the "big" rides when the parade was going. Now that I have been taking my mother, it has become a "must see" at the parks now.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

I rated Epcot my least favorite park on my first visit, not that I didn't like it but the Disney experience was new to me and I hadn't taken time to fully appreciate it. It is now my 2nd favorite park and I couldn't imagine a DW trip without it.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say Epcot. First time there I was 10 years old with my parents, at the time I did not appreciate all the countries, and found it boring. As an adult now my wife and I Easily spend a day in WS eating, drinking and taking in the atmosphere.

Post Thanks / Like

World Showcase. I use to love FutureWorld at Epcot. But when were done with that, I was ready to go. I appreciate the country pavilions a lot more. Love Germany, Norway and the US.

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot!
    There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in high school I started to really appreciate EPCOT. When I was little I'd dread the day we were going to that park. I asked my mom why they'd make such a boring park and she told me it was so kids wouldn't go back to school less smart then why they went on vacation. Now I love it and could't imagine it not being there.

Joy

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to admit it, but Pirates of the Caribbean. The first time we were on PotC was our first trip to the MK, and we went without a plan. Had a bad day, and then walked forever to get on the PotC. Was so disappointed.

We skipped PotC for our next 5 visits. Finally went back a couple of years ago and LOVED it. Now we go 2 or 3 times in a row!

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom. Even though it's Nahtazu, that's exactly how I perceived it in the beginning. Despite how short my days there are, I LOVE it!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McLiberal8 View Post
    I used to think The Land was boring when I was younger - now it is one of my favorite rides!
    When I was a kid, I thought this was just about the most boring ride ever created! But now that I'm an adult, Living With the Land is a must do for me every trip. We did the Behind the Seeds tour last year and that made the ride even more interesting to me!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: