Quantcast Underrated Attractions?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Underrated Attractions?

The big name, E-ticket attractions like Splash Mountain get all the buzz, and deservedly so, but there are certainly some unheralded attractions that are really great too! What attraction do you feel is an underrated gem?

For instance, in the Land Pavilion, overshadowed by Soarin' is a quiet little ride that is both fun and educational: Living With the Land. Of course LWtL has been there much longer, but let's face it Soarin' is the one with the long lines.

One thing I love about this attraction are the scenes depicting various ecosystems. They are as wonderfully detailed as other great dark rides like Spaceship Earth and Great Movie Ride, though perhaps because they're not action packed and full of thrills, they are somewhat overlooked.

I could come up with more, but I'll leave that to you...
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Living w the Land, TomorrowLand Transit, Monsters Inc. I love the dark rides, and wish there were more of them.

Post Thanks / Like

AK
    • We like the Flights of Wonder show. I really like the humor and the birds are amazing.
    • The Maharajah Jungle Trek is also great to see the Tigers (if they are moving around!)

MK
    • TTA Peoplemover and Carousel of Progress. Both are relaxing rides with little to no wait!

EPCOT
    • Candlelight Processional during Christmas season is great (if that is your thing). It would not appeal to everyone but worth the wait if you enjoy Christmas music with full choir & orchestra
    • We also enjoy the Impressions de France show. The music is unbelievable!
    • Kim Possible is also fun with the younger crowd (OK me too!)

DS
    • Can I say Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights? If you have seen this in person, you owe it to yourself to witness firsthand.
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

DS
    • Can I say Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights? If you have seen this in person, you owe it to yourself to witness firsthand.

I am so excited that I will get to see these this year!! Thanks to the showing in mid November.

I agree with Transit Authority. Since we rode it for the first time a few trips ago, we make a point to ride it during the day and again at night. It is relaxing and interesting to look around from the ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Many lesser attractions really add to my overall enjoyment, such as:

Turtle Talk
    Off Kilter
    Living with the Land
    Fountain of Nations
    Canada and Japanese gardens
    Club Cool (but it was better as Ice Station Cool)

(I just noticed all are at Epcot)
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd have to go with Living with the Land, Carousel of Progress.

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Figment!

It usually has a short line and is a unique dark ride at EPCOT.
    Don't tell anyone else its cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Living with the Land
    TTA - AKA People Mover
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Off Kilter and so many of the other bands at Epcot
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

OK, in all our trips, there are so many things we’ve STILL never done! Thank you for this thread! I’m putting this on our “to do” list….in just 26 days!!!

Also, I always tell people that Mickey’s Philharmagic is MK’s best kept secret because there is rarely a long wait and it is so cool! I am with John on the “Please fix the first few minutes of the 3D show” bandwagon but I still think it is sooo worth it! ….and thankful to John for bringing up this flaw in the film because I no longer have to ask my DH (every time), “Is it just me? Or is something wrong with my 3D glasses?”
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

MK- CoP, Frontierland land shootin arcade, TTA

Epcot- Living with the Land, Innoventions,

AK- conservation station has a really cool entrance painted with tons of animals. There are a ton of hidden mickeys all through out the painting! Its really fun to sit there and find all of them.

HS- Magic of Animation, One Man's Dream, HISTK's movie set playground
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for COP, TTA & Living with the land! Always on our must do lists! We usually do TTA each day that we're in the MK! LOVE that attraction! We all really enjoy the relaxing ride and the views!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I really like to watch The Circle of Life. I usually do this show after Living with the Land ride.

Heck- I had already been to Disney about 5 times before I found out there was a ride in Spaceship Earth.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd say the biggest surprise show was Flights of Wonder. We skipped it our first trip to AK, but were set on seeing everything our second trip. I thought it was amazing!

For rides...I'd say Dinosaur doesnt get much chatter on the boards. Maybe its overshadowed by Expedition Everest, but I really like the ride and the skeleton models. The Indiana Jones ride is on the same platform in DisneyLand and that one is great too.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Carousel of Progress. I could go to the Magic Kingdom and just ride that and the TTA...and many times during my program when I only had an hour to spare, I did! haha

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Dinosaur....we absolutely love it, and actually glad it is over looked because we never have to wait in line very long. Some of the things in Innoventions are pretty neat. We really enjoy the storm thing with the tornado. I had never been on the Magic Carpets and went with a small child recently. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice view and enjoyable ride. The Liberty Belle is a very nice thing we usually don't do either, but on the occasions we do ride it, it is very enjoyable. Great photo ops on there.
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mogie View Post
    I think I'd say the biggest surprise show was Flights of Wonder. We skipped it our first trip to AK, but were set on seeing everything our second trip. I thought it was amazing!

For rides...I'd say Dinosaur doesnt get much chatter on the boards. Maybe its overshadowed by Expedition Everest, but I really like the ride and the skeleton models. The Indiana Jones ride is on the same platform in DisneyLand and that one is great too.
    My only problem with Dinosaur is it's so flippin' LOUD! If they took it down from 11 to 10, it would be a lot better...

Post Thanks / Like

Ever since I was a kid, I've always loved the Tomorrowland Transit (formerly the Wedway People Mover, which is what it was called when I first rode it as a kid). I couldn't really explain why, I just do. I'm also a big fan of Spaceship Earth, especially since they've refurbished it and added the interactive element.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

MK - Carousel of Progress, TTA
    AK - Festival of the Lion King
    DHS - One Man's Dream, Animation Academy
    EPCOT - Living with the Land
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for CoP!!! It's one of my favorites...I pray every day that it never goes away!!!
    I also really love the sound booths in sounds dangerous (I hope they are still there!) People completely overlook that whole area and they are soooo great!
    Polynesian- 1985
    Polynesian- 1987
    Polynesian- 1989
    Polynesian- 1990
    Polynesian- 1993
    Polynesian- 1996
    Polynesian- 2001
    Polynesian- 2006
    Yacht Club- 2007 (surprise!)
    Beach Club- 2008 (august...yeah!)
    Beach Club Villas- 2009 (the whole family)
    Polynesian- 2011 (september- HONEYMOON!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: