Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
Well, no one really knows the details yet, since Disney hasn't given any. There are, apparently, lots of different ways it could be implemented.

However, I don't think the Standby line is going to be eliminated. Instead, the NextGen will give you more options in obtaining fastpasses ahead of your trip, if you want to.

Considering how many visitors to WDW still don't know what Fastpass is, that it's free, and how to use it, I'm confident that this new stuff will be "for the regulars", the mega fans who go every year, plan their ADRs 180 days out, etc. They will still likely anticipate somewhere north of 50% of the park visitors will go the "old fashioned" route.
Thank you for that explanation. It makes sense that way. It still sounds a little fishy to me, but that mitigates my concerns a bit. I do make my ADRs at 180, I'm working on the "go every year" thing, and sadly, I actually have an August 2012 itinerary on my laptop.

Also, I suppose it would be handy to have that first ride on Dumbo secured before our visit.