Quantcast crystal palace

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crystal palace

Post Thanks / Like

Default crystal palace

Disney is really getting crazy with their food pricing. My parents took my kids to Disney and the ate at Crystal Palace yesterday for breakfast. Talked to them last night and they said it cost 125 (inc tip) for breakfast. 2 adults 2 kids. For eggs bacon and some french toast 125 bucks. That used to be amust on our trips. Theyve just outlived there usefullness for breakfast now. Time to start bringing cereal to the rooms for breakfast.
    73-4-5-76Cntpry-77-8-9Polnsyn-80-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-90-1-2 Disney villas-93-4-5-6-7-8 Crbn Bch-99 Grnd Flrdin -00 Anml Kngdm Ldg-01 Wldrns Ldg-02 Brdwlk-03Cntpry-04 Sratga Sprngs-05 Saratoga -06 Sratga -07 Grand California -07 Sratga- 08 Sratga- 09 Wldrns. Ldg.- 10 Treehouse villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First, Crystal Palace is a character breakfast and so it is more. Secondly, it is a buffet. We never go there if we want a light breakfast. Only go if we are going to brunch. Then it is comparable to what you would pay for lunch or dinner buffet. Unfortunately, since they instituted free dining, most of the restaurants are overpriced in MHO.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw where Disney raised their prices on all buffets. I think dinner at Crystal Palace is around $45.00 for an adult now.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

wow i didnt know it was that expensive now. i am on the dining plan so we are going to CP for the wonderful buffet and of course the characters...
    Jill
    aka LAX MOM

Coming up:
    Port Orleans French Quarters / Disney DREAM - August 24, 2011

WDW - Carribean Beach Resort - Nov. 2009

Disney Magic - 2007

Post Thanks / Like

retredfigment...buffet or not. Breakfast with or without characters, should not cost over 100 dollars fir 2 adults and 2 kids. My parents are suckers for my kids. Last year, it cost that much for me my wife and kids and parents. If i were there this year, after sitting down and seeing the prices, i would have walked out and gotten a muffin from the bakery on main st..
    73-4-5-76Cntpry-77-8-9Polnsyn-80-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-90-1-2 Disney villas-93-4-5-6-7-8 Crbn Bch-99 Grnd Flrdin -00 Anml Kngdm Ldg-01 Wldrns Ldg-02 Brdwlk-03Cntpry-04 Sratga Sprngs-05 Saratoga -06 Sratga -07 Grand California -07 Sratga- 08 Sratga- 09 Wldrns. Ldg.- 10 Treehouse villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    Time to start bringing cereal to the rooms for breakfast.
    That's what we do. Quick breakfast in the room and save our appetite for a good lunch or dinner.

Crystal Palace, in our humble opinions, is no better than our local cafeteria chain - minus the characters. We found we could find the characters in the park for free. So not worth the price.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we saw the new prices for Crystal Palace last week and I started to get serious sticker shock from all our ADRs because the prices have gone up so much since we were there last, only a year ago. I think we will be passing by on a lot of restaurants we might have gone to if not for a $10 price increase per person. We'll have a full kitchen so we can probably eat better at our condo anyway, it's just so fun to get into the park early!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Palace current pricing for breakfast is $26.99 for adults and $14.99 for children under 10. So if your folks paid $125 for breakfast they gave a very healthy tip ($41.00), unless the kids are 10 and over. Still high for breakfast, even if it is a character buffet breakfast.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

If only the food quality was that high
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We only do 2 character meals per trip. This is always one of them. We've never been disppointed in the food with taste, quality or amount. When we do this breakfast, we usually skip lunch and opt for an early dinner (about 4-4:30). On our other days, it's cereal in the room. I find most meals more expensive at Disney than what I would pay at home. I have to look past that or I'll have indigestion for my entire vacation. I will say that the cost of the dinner buffets coupled with the fact that we wouldn't eat that much for dinner discourages me from going to one of those. I can justify the couple breakfasts though. This is why they have so many hotels and restaurants/food courts, in different price ranges, so they can appeal to more people.
    Kathy

Contemporary - 8/79
    Hotel Royal Plaza - 6/83
    Contemporary- 7/85
    Grand Floridian - 6/93
    Shades of Green - 9/99
    Contemporary - 9/03
    Shades of Green - 12/06
    Shades of Green - 5/07
    Shades of Green - 7/10
    Shades of Green - 7/11
    Next Trip??? Not soon enough!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have read that the new price increases that started this month are:
    $30.88 adult & $17.03 children (3-9) including tax at Tusker House, Hollywood & Vine, Crystal Palace and Cape May
    $35.14 adult & $19.16 children (3-9) including tax at Chef Mickey
    $26.62 adult & $14.90 children (3-9) including tax at 1900 Park Fare
    $24.49 adult & $13.84 children (3-9) including tax at Boma
    Outrageous!!!
    On our first trip to WDW in Dec. 2005 we "splurged" on breakfast with Donald at AK because I had to see The Duck. I'm pretty sure the cost was $14.99 for an adult at that time. I know the economy has tanked and the cost of living has sky rocketed but this kind of increase still seems excessive to me.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Crystal Palace

We didn't like the Crystal Palace. It just wasn't good.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, any breakfast at any Disney restaurant is a waste of money. Get breakfast elsewhere (we eat in our resort room being DVCers).

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that are complaining about Disney prices, have you been to Arbys' or Wendy's lately? Have you eaten out anywhere? The cost of grain, etc. is high and food prices everywhere are high. If you don't want to pay those prices don't eat there.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

It is true that character breakfasts are expensive. There is no doubt about that. Crystal palace was disgusting when we were there in May.... We won't be going back but we also went there on the dining plan so I didn't see the price of the breakfast. Honestly I didn't even eat I was so grossed out with the food. (neither did my hubby)
    But again it is all a matter of opinion and I think that everyone in their lifetime should at least do one character breakfast...after that eat in the room It saves a lot of money and you eat what you like. I love being a DVC'r because I can do this with ease when we are there.
    Anywhere you go food is expensive and character breakfasts are expensive in Disney. (no doubt about it).
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    For those of you that are complaining about Disney prices, have you been to Arbys' or Wendy's lately? Have you eaten out anywhere? The cost of grain, etc. is high and food prices everywhere are high. If you don't want to pay those prices don't eat there.
    Wendy's? They have a value menu with items priced at 99 cents. You can get a hamburger, a small chili, and a soda for under $4.

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I like going to Crystal Palace is being able to walk up Main Street USA when it's practically deserted. Makes for great photos. Don't know when I'll be doing that again though, because the new price increases are a bit much. Disney keeps raising prices without increasing quality. The food at CP is ordinary at best. I've had breakfasts just as good at Denny's and Perkins.
    Until people wise up a little and stop going, the prices will continue to go up.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with several points made here. Disney really is getting crazy with their ever increasing food prices. And character breakfasts in general offer the least value in all of Disney Dining. Over a $100 for breakfast? I choke up here at home if i pay over $40 for my family of 4. But that's home, and not Disney World. I expect to pay more there.
    I must say, the one character breakfast i did try, Cape May, with Beach Donald, Goofy and Minnie, was fun. I enjoyed it and the food. But still, when i got the bill, i decided once was enough.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm seriously considering canceling my breakfast ADRs for Crystal Palace, 'Ohana and Boma this November. I'm not sure if I'll keep a single one. I can afford it, but this is ridiculous.

At first, I thought that $125 was an anomaly, but I don't think it is, going by TheDuckRocks's rates. What they're charging for breakfast at CP now is more than what I was charged for dinner at 'Ohana four years ago.

So for a CP breakfast for my family (2 adults, 1 4yo and 1 infant), it will cost about $70 before tax and tip and about $95 after tax & tip. FOR BREAKFAST! While I have had no problem in the past with character meals and other buffets costing more than a similar meal would at home, this is exhorbitant.

There is going to be a lot of sticker shock and angry people who don't know that a meal at these places is this expensive until the get the bill at the end of their meal.

This is a money grab, plain and simple. It looks like the era of Meg Crofton is rearing its head yet again.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epceddie View Post
    Wendy's? They have a value menu with items priced at 99 cents. You can get a hamburger, a small chili, and a soda for under $4.
    Ditto!
    Disney is pricing families out. Greed! I hope Walt is frozen, cuz if he isn't, he's spinning in his grave.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: