Quantcast In General...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In General...

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In General...

Which Disney villains appear for MNSSHP. The last time I went I didn't pay much attention to the villains, but can anone give me a general list of the villains that come out? My specifics are:
    1)Dr. Facilier
    2)Jafar
    3)Hades
    4)Big Bad Wolf
    5)Frollo

Those are my top five but can someone please name all of the villains and where they may be?
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneycutie165 View Post
    Which Disney villains appear for MNSSHP. The last time I went I didn't pay much attention to the villains, but can anone give me a general list of the villains that come out? My specifics are:
    1)Dr. Facilier
    2)Jafar
    3)Hades
    4)Big Bad Wolf
    5)Frollo

Those are my top five but can someone please name all of the villains and where they may be?
    In 2010 it was:
    Mix n Mingle
    Cruella
    Snow Queen
    Maleficent
    Captain Hook(he wears a special jacket here, FYI)
    Jafar
    Dr Facilier
    Queen of Hearts

Adventureland
    Captain Hook
    Mr Smee

Fantasyland
    Queen of Hearts
    Tremaines
    Old Hag

Parade only
    Pain
    Panic
    Frollo
    Sheriff of Nottingham
    Big Bad Wolf
    Barbossa

I think thats everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok thanks! so no Hades?
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok thanks! so no Hades?
    No as far as I know Hades has only been in a couple of parades and was available for Meet n Greet during the Disney Marathons in 2007 and 2008.

Frollo was actually the villain Dr. Facilier replaced....probably gone for good, unless he appears at a marathon, or for training.

Big Bad Wolf was last seen at MNSSHP in 2004, I think. He has been around at DL's Halloween Time event. There is a decent chance of him coming back someday to the parks because of his "classic" status.

The problem is that the Villians Mix and Mingle is recorded and Disney has not updated it since 2005. The villains on stage have to "lip sync". So you have the voices of Malificent, Hook, Cruella, Jafar. Snow Queen is not going anywhere because of her iconic status. This leaves us with Queen of Hearts and Dr. Facilier. Dr. Facilier was just added so he is probably safe, and Queen of Hearts is already there since she is in the Alice area. Of course the Alice area is gone so there may just be a new villain in the show. I don't think they would add any since the front area of the castle is small. And so many people gather there to watch the fireworks and the parades.
    I know many of us have ralied on this for years but they really should have more rare characters out for these events.....last years MVMCP was very dissapointing as far as new characters go. At least they maybe adding one or two.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I absolutely agree! It's a special time of year and I don't see why they can't add some of the charactrs that aren't around anymore. There's nothing like classic villains especially around Halloween! Oh well, hopefully the few they may be adding will be good ones!

Post Thanks / Like

Hades was at the DL parties last year that's probably where you heard it

Post Thanks / Like

What is the Mix n' Mingle? Can you take pictures with the characters or is it a show?
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    What is the Mix n' Mingle? Can you take pictures with the characters or is it a show?
    It is both....there is a brief show followed by the villains coming to the front of the castle to do pics. Depending on the crowd at the party the lines form quickly and can get long. In order to save time the villains will not sign.

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    No as far as I know Hades has only been in a couple of parades and was available for Meet n Greet during the Disney Marathons in 2007 and 2008.

Frollo was actually the villain Dr. Facilier replaced....probably gone for good, unless he appears at a marathon, or for training.

Big Bad Wolf was last seen at MNSSHP in 2004, I think. He has been around at DL's Halloween Time event. There is a decent chance of him coming back someday to the parks because of his "classic" status.

The problem is that the Villians Mix and Mingle is recorded and Disney has not updated it since 2005. The villains on stage have to "lip sync". So you have the voices of Malificent, Hook, Cruella, Jafar. Snow Queen is not going anywhere because of her iconic status. This leaves us with Queen of Hearts and Dr. Facilier. Dr. Facilier was just added so he is probably safe, and Queen of Hearts is already there since she is in the Alice area. Of course the Alice area is gone so there may just be a new villain in the show. I don't think they would add any since the front area of the castle is small. And so many people gather there to watch the fireworks and the parades.
    I know many of us have ralied on this for years but they really should have more rare characters out for these events.....last years MVMCP was very dissapointing as far as new characters go. At least they maybe adding one or two.
    Actually, it's only the voices of Maleficent and Hook that appear. All the other villains "lip sync" but have no vocal solos. It seem that all of the villains beside Frollo/Facilier are safe for the time being. Cruella, Jafar, the Snow Queen, and the Queen of Hearts are all extremely popular. The Queen of Hearts is especially safe considering the fact that the new Tim Burton film was so successful, and Disney still wants to milk that film's success. From the start I knew that Frollo was always in danger. He is my absolute favorite so I was always first in line to meet him, but every time I met him I was practically the only one. Compared to the Snow Queen or the Queen of Hearts, whose lines went practically to the center of the Hub, Frollo was definitely lacking numbers. Similarly, Facilier has yet to gain the iconic status of Jafar which means that he could easily be next. I could see him replaced by Gaston, Hades, Shan Yu, or the Big Bad Wolf in the coming years. I doubt Stromboli will make an appearance, seeing as he is in the same boat as Frollo (i.e. forever know as 'that bad guy from that film I can't remember'). On a side note, I was always hoping that they would switch out villains between shows. It becomes very tedious seeing the same show after a while simply so that you can meet the characters you were unable to meet at the previous showing due to time constraints. I always hoped that the Old Hag would appear in every other show instead of the Snow Queen. Ah well, at least she now meets in Fantasyland. Goodness! This is the longest post I think I've ever posted here. I have just been following Mix and Mingle news for awhile.
    97'- Comfort Inn, Buena Vista
    99'- Courtyard, Downtown Disney
    00'- Marriott, World Center
    02'- Polynesian, Concierge
    03'- Yacht and Beach Club
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was long but very helpful thank you! So you're saying that Frollo and Stromboli probably won't be back? And I have to agree with you- Frollo definately tops my list of favorite villains. I'm just disappointed that the year I decide I want to hunt for villains most of my favorites are gone- I don't have much interest in seeing the Queen of Hearts or Cruella because I feel like I have seen them several times. And I hope Dr. Facilier sticks arund- he is my all-time favorite- at least for this halloween so I can see him once. But I feel like his status may increase. But thank you so much that paragraph was helpful! And I have to ask what is your opinion in Hades? Can you see him coming back or is he pretty much done for?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy someone else likes Frollo. He is such an under-rated villain from an equally under-rated film. I heard rumors that Facilier was being replaced by Gaston at this year's MNSSHP. I think Disney wants to test Gaston's popularity with crowds to see if making him a permanent character addition to Fantasyland at Gaston's Tavern would be a lucrative move.

About Hades, I personally never thought that he would appear in Mix and Mingle. I think his costume simply wouldn't allow it. It's big, bulky, and hard to move, let alone dance, in. In parades, he was always seated and never forced to walk the parade route. I think further evidence of this fact can be found in the fact that Hades wasn't in Mix and Mingle to begin with. Hades is arguably more recognizable and popular than Frollo, which is why it wouldn't make sense for Disney not to have put him in the show to begin with, unless, of course, his costume wouldn't allow it. Outside of basic meet-and-greets, I don't think Hades will be making an appearance. I really hope, though, that Disney brings back some of the bad "guys" this year (i.e. Ratcliffe, Stromboli, Foulfellow, Big Bad Wolf, Shan Yu, and Frollo). It's always such a treat to see some of the rarer characters out and about, especially when they're villains!
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Villains0501 View Post
    Actually, it's only the voices of Maleficent and Hook that appear. All the other villains "lip sync" but have no vocal solos. It seem that all of the villains beside Frollo/Facilier are safe for the time being. Cruella, Jafar, the Snow Queen, and the Queen of Hearts are all extremely popular. The Queen of Hearts is especially safe considering the fact that the new Tim Burton film was so successful, and Disney still wants to milk that film's success. From the start I knew that Frollo was always in danger. He is my absolute favorite so I was always first in line to meet him, but every time I met him I was practically the only one. Compared to the Snow Queen or the Queen of Hearts, whose lines went practically to the center of the Hub, Frollo was definitely lacking numbers. Similarly, Facilier has yet to gain the iconic status of Jafar which means that he could easily be next. I could see him replaced by Gaston, Hades, Shan Yu, or the Big Bad Wolf in the coming years. I doubt Stromboli will make an appearance, seeing as he is in the same boat as Frollo (i.e. forever know as 'that bad guy from that film I can't remember'). On a side note, I was always hoping that they would switch out villains between shows. It becomes very tedious seeing the same show after a while simply so that you can meet the characters you were unable to meet at the previous showing due to time constraints. I always hoped that the Old Hag would appear in every other show instead of the Snow Queen. Ah well, at least she now meets in Fantasyland. Goodness! This is the longest post I think I've ever posted here. I have just been following Mix and Mingle news for awhile.
    Good review I stand corrected....I was certain Jafar and Cruella said something in the show but you are right. I must have been thinking about the fireworks where I think they do have a part.
    Someone associated with the show has posted somewhere else that Gaston is not replacing Facilier and that the cast is the same as last year. AS far as your theory about Gaston I think you maybe dead on. I have heard that he will be appearing in front of his new home when the refurb is done.
    Unless they have replaced them, and I seem to recall that maybe they had, Stromboli did march in the MNSSHP parade for years. He also used to be a character that would appear during training from time to time. I can remember seeing him several times from like 2007-2009.
    Fowlfellow has also been in the parade. I never thought Fowlfellow was that rare of a character. We used to see him every year multiple times, in the early 2000's he had a spot in Town Square. After that we saw him either at the "teardrop" or various other places like the old "Fantasmic meet n greet" by the hat. He used to be relatively easy to find....but over the last couple of years he has been more uncommon to be sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Villains0501 View Post
    I'm so happy someone else likes Frollo. He is such an under-rated villain from an equally under-rated film. I heard rumors that Facilier was being replaced by Gaston at this year's MNSSHP. I think Disney wants to test Gaston's popularity with crowds to see if making him a permanent character addition to Fantasyland at Gaston's Tavern would be a lucrative move.

About Hades, I personally never thought that he would appear in Mix and Mingle. I think his costume simply wouldn't allow it. It's big, bulky, and hard to move, let alone dance, in. In parades, he was always seated and never forced to walk the parade route. I think further evidence of this fact can be found in the fact that Hades wasn't in Mix and Mingle to begin with. Hades is arguably more recognizable and popular than Frollo, which is why it wouldn't make sense for Disney not to have put him in the show to begin with, unless, of course, his costume wouldn't allow it. Outside of basic meet-and-greets, I don't think Hades will be making an appearance. I really hope, though, that Disney brings back some of the bad "guys" this year (i.e. Ratcliffe, Stromboli, Foulfellow, Big Bad Wolf, Shan Yu, and Frollo). It's always such a treat to see some of the rarer characters out and about, especially when they're villains!
    I have to agree with you again- not many people like Frollo and Hunchback was veryyy underated. I just watched it the other night and was thinking "why did this not get better reviews than it did". But of course its always good to find someone who likes villains just as much as you do. I do loveeeee Facilier, and Greenlawler I'm glad to hear the rumors about Facilier cleared up- he is my favorite and i really want to see him. I do also love Gaston, and in my opinion, if he has his own tavern in Fantasyland, he should alreday be out there! I don't think they need to test his popularity- I don't think people have seen him for a while and it would be a pleasant surprise. I also remember going to MNSSHP IN '05 and Hades was out for meet and greets- I didn't see him, because at the time I didn't care much for villains. But I do think it's rather strange that they deny the park one of Disney's most classic villains- he should at least be out for meet and greets. I would also love to see Stromboli back in the mix- he is classic, even if he isn't that popular. And I must ask has Shan Yu appeared in MNSSHP before?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Boo-To-You parade always has a varied mix of villains. I remember when I first saw the parade in 2002, every villain basically had their own float. Cruella, Horace, and Jasper drove around a purple van that was made to look like it came from the pound. It had bars along the sides and real life Dalmation puppies looking out at guests. The Old Had had a cool looking float that featured the freaky-eyed trees from the movie/ride. In the center of the float was her cauldron, and she would 'dip the apple in the brew', so to speak. Then came Hades. His float featured him at the top with Pain and Panic on the sides and Meg around the back. After him came Hook and Maleficent on the Disney Villain float that now starts the parade. The small one with the big Disney Villain sign and the Magic Mirror. They were at the top of the float, and the Big Bad Wolf and the Queen of Hearts were at the bottom, both playing guitars. It was pretty awesome. Now, however, the parade has definitely declined in quality. There are only two villain floats now, and the larger of the two is simply the recycled float from the old daytime parade. Most of the villains generally walk in between the two floats. Normally, the villains walking in the parade are Stromboli, Foulfellow, Frollo, the Sherrif of Nottingham, the Snow Queen, Cruella, the Queen of Hearts, the Big Bad Wolf, and maybe Facilier. I can't remember all of them. I don't believe Shan-Yu appears, though. On the float itself are Jafar and Maleficent (in her Halloween Costume) with Ursula on the back. Sometimes though, Ursula is replaced by the Snow Queen. Hope that helps!
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

YES that helps a lot! Thanks so much for the help I'm a HUGE Disney villain junkie and I'm trying to make sure I get to see as many as I can this trp- its a shame that some of the classic and best villains don't appear anymore lik Stromboli, Hades, etc. I think Shan-Yu would be a pretty awesome addition- he would be so rare in fact that I think that his line would be long. But I have seen pics of him from Disneyland Paris and he doesn't look very kid friendly. It makes me sad to see such good villains not be part of the excitement!

Post Thanks / Like

dineycutie, the best way to meet all these villains is to start running. Just from my memory over the last four marathons...

Hades- 2007-2008
    Shan-Yu- 2011
    Frollo- 2007-2010
    Ratcliffe- 2008-2009
    Prince John-2007-2010
    Sheriff of Nottingham 2007-2010
    Stromboli- 2011
    Fowlfellow- 2009- 2011
    Gideon- 2009-2011
    etc....

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like thats what I'll have to do! Was Shan Yu at WDW?

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like thats what I'll have to do! Was Shan Yu at WDW?
    Epcot standing in front of China Pavillion, rotating every twenty minutes with Mulan and Mushu.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok thats good! I had heard that he only appeared in Disneyland Paris, but I'm glad he's at WDW now!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    dineycutie, the best way to meet all these villains is to start running. Just from my memory over the last four marathons...

Hades- 2007-2008
    Shan-Yu- 2011
    Frollo- 2007-2010
    Ratcliffe- 2008-2009
    Prince John-2007-2010
    Sheriff of Nottingham 2007-2010
    Stromboli- 2011
    Fowlfellow- 2009- 2011
    Gideon- 2009-2011
    etc....
    Or go to Disneyland during Halloweentime-We saw every one on this list except Prince John and Stromboli last October.

We also heard Don Karnage was spotted last year at DL, but we missed him...and Bowler Hat Guy was there in 09.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: